Itchy Skin, Rashes: PG Allergy
Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Itchy Skin, Rashes: PG Allergy

Exclamation Itchy Skin, Rashes: PG Allergy

I did some research on PG today, and found that in a small portion of the population, it can cause dermatitis. I've been vaping since November and the last month my legs have become increasingly itchy. I thought I was allergic to my dog or something, than I thought maybe it had something to do with my e-cig. I'm pretty sure that I am mildly allergic to PG. Has anyone else had similar symptoms? Would switching to VG help?

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

i've not had any pg reactions, but if you do, a switch to vg would help. i go back n forth betwixt the two, sometimes with a mix. i do notice that with the vg my skin is a little oilier though.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientistVapor View Post
    I did some research on PG today, and found that in a small portion of the population, it can cause dermatitis. I've been vaping since November and the last month my legs have become increasingly itchy. I thought I was allergic to my dog or something, than I thought maybe it had something to do with my e-cig. I'm pretty sure that I am mildly allergic to PG. Has anyone else had similar symptoms? Would switching to VG help?
    My buddy at work is having similar problems. Says it gets much worse when he lays down. He's going to switch to VG for a bit to see if that clears things up.

Quote Originally Posted by lukemacneil View Post
    My buddy at work is having similar problems. Says it gets much worse when he lays down. He's going to switch to VG for a bit to see if that clears things up.
    Yes! It is MUCH worse when I am laying down! I practically claw my thighs apart when im trying to fall asleep.

PV Master ECF Veteran

Hmmmm. I don't want to make too much of this, but I have had the same thing for some time (I've e-smoked for two years). Itchy legs, particularly as I try to go to sleep. I'll watch this thread ...

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I've noticed more itchiness and dry skin patches since beginning vaping. I also have dry scalp now, which I've never had before. I don't want to switch to VG, though!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Question same affects

i have that problem i work outside when i sweat it is very bad i try to mix vg and pg half and half it dosent get rid of it but its not near as bad try that and see what you think or try eco pure juices i have and it helps my problem alot ...lawnman3 try drewbacco half and half vg and drewbacco works for me just my opp lm3

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I have had hives since 2 months after starting the e-cig. Since I don't do well with pg anyway, I've been wondering if pg is my trigger. Going to Innovapor right now.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Thumbs up thats cool man

try the rich juice it rocks pricey but the cigs are lots more money i think anyway good luck man lawnman3

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I had the dry skin patches, itchy legs, bumps on my scalp, etc. for years before I started using ecigs. I just figured getting older sucked. When I got my first ecig I got the same feeling in my mouth, throat and lungs. My nails even started to peel. I put two and two together and switched to VG and got rid of all of my haircare, bodycare, makeup, handsoaps, everything with PG and PEG in it. I have felt a ton better. No more itching, rashes, it feels great.
    There are some really good VG juices out there. That's all I've used for over a year now.

Smoke Free Since April 24, 2009 4 pm

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast