This stupid split lip just won't go away....

Thread: This stupid split lip just won't go away....

Moved On ECF Veteran

Default This stupid split lip just won't go away....

I've had a split lip (chapped) for over a month now. It just won't go away. I've used blistex medicated and that didn't even work. Anybody have any good remedies for a chapped/split lip?

Thanks,
    Maureen

Use Carmex....it looks the same but seems to work way better than Blistex. Are you sure it's just chapped lips?...or has it turned into the evil COLD SORE!! EEEEWWWW! If it has done that then use Abreva as it is the only thing to ever help me out when I get one of those nasty things. Oh and drink more water when vaping as it is probably drying your out your lips big time.

Moved On ECF Veteran

I'll have to get some carmex...it isn't an evil cold sore thankfully enough, but it is horrible...I can't seem to keep it moist and i want to jump out of my skin every time it cracks back open (you can imagine how often that has been happening in the last month+)....ugh.

Maureen

Super Member ECF Veteran

Oh, I know that split lip! It went on for a couple months and even left a scar on my lip. Be sure to drink plenty of water and keep the cut moist.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran nicotime's Avatar

I used to get cracking at the corners of my mouth for no apparent reason. I ask my dentist about it and he prescribed Nystatin/Triamcinolone Acetonide cream.

Works great...put it on 3-4 nights at bedtime and it was gone. But I would check with you dr first as there are several serious illnesses that could cause it...in my case I have Hypothyroidism.
    ................I found a solution that may be bad for one of both of us..............

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    On a mountain, looking over the valley of happy!
    Blog Entries

They have flavored Carmax now my personal love affair is sidding with strawberry.

Super Member ECF Veteran

try taking some evening primrose oil, or any omega 3 fatty acid supplements.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Blistex Lip Medix (little blue jar). That's what I always reach for whenever my lips are painfully chapped/cracked.
    Smoke-free since Oct '09 thanks to ecigs!

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran Toby's Avatar

Maureen - what base liquid are you using?

If it is connected to this, it is PG liquid that has the drying effect on the mouth, but VG liquid does not; or certainly nowhere near as much.

So maybe try switching to VG liquid, if you are not already?

I use Neutrogena Norwegian formula btw.
    And now that Spring is right round the corner, the warmer weather will be so much easier on suffering lips...
    iVapour.co.uk - Janty UK Supplier; the original eGo.
    iVapour-elixir.co.uk - Silver Bullet, mods, and spares.
    The EU Tobacco Products Directive is not a victimless crime...

Moved On ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by telsie View Post
    Blistex Lip Medix (little blue jar). That's what I always reach for whenever my lips are painfully chapped/cracked.
    That's what I've been using...usually that does the trick, but this bugger just won't go away.

Maureen