Triple Coil Cartomizer reviews?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Triple Coil Cartomizer reviews?

  1. #1
    Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,021

    Question Triple Coil Cartomizer reviews?

    I have one coming but until then could some of you that have gotten yours please review the pros and cons? Also what PV(s) and voltages they work best at for taste and vapor production. Taste is more important to me than filling a room with vapor, I may be in the minority there

    I will also review when mine gets here. Also does it like and dislike certain PG/VG ratios? Battery life affected? Seems like it would draw some serious amperage.
    newsunshine likes this.

  2. #2
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Manila, RP
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Mine haven't arrived yet . But I did some research on them before I bought them and I can post a couple answers from other people for you, till someone who has them comes along.

    It seems they run best at over 4v. Most people feel the "sweet spot" is between 4.5-5v. At over 5v the carto can get hot to the touch. At 6v it can burn your lips with a metal drip tip and switching to a delrin is highly recommended. They seem to be very sturdy with some people claiming they can run it at 7v and not burn it out (grain of salt time on that one).

    Most people love the flavor over other cartos, but some say they like the smoktech dual cartos better for taste. The triple coil is a vapor champ (though that's less what you want). At the right voltage some people claim there is no match for it on TH and flavor balance. Actually I have read no dissent to the TH claim so it may be most everyone, but I can't be sure.

    For myself, I can only say I bought an ego booster with the triple coil in mind . Looking forward to all of it arriving!
    newsunshine likes this.

  3. #3
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Wow, I need to get out more. Or at least visit this site more often. I just heard about the dual and now a triple!? I have got to try this. I will be following this a bit closer.

  4. #4
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Manila, RP
    Posts
    584

    Default

    You might be better off, lol. I've been spending so much time here and its causing me to constantly buy new things!

  5. #5
    Forum Supplier ECF Veteran newsunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    China
    Posts
    5,696
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vocr View Post
    Mine haven't arrived yet . But I did some research on them before I bought them and I can post a couple answers from other people for you, till someone who has them comes along.

    It seems they run best at over 4v. Most people feel the "sweet spot" is between 4.5-5v. At over 5v the carto can get hot to the touch. At 6v it can burn your lips with a metal drip tip and switching to a delrin is highly recommended. They seem to be very sturdy with some people claiming they can run it at 7v and not burn it out (grain of salt time on that one).

    Most people love the flavor over other cartos, but some say they like the smoktech dual cartos better for taste. The triple coil is a vapor champ (though that's less what you want). At the right voltage some people claim there is no match for it on TH and flavor balance. Actually I have read no dissent to the TH claim so it may be most everyone, but I can't be sure.

    For myself, I can only say I bought an ego booster with the triple coil in mind . Looking forward to all of it arriving!
    Thank you for sharing the review about triple coil with us.

    we did test and find triple coil work the best on 510 Manual USB passthrough (5V) .

    actually triple coil cartomizers do not work well on ego tank batteries, because ego tank batteries are 3.3 V. so we are going to sell a 1300mah battery at 3.7-4.2 V next week, which is the better match for dual coil and triple coil cartomizer and echo cartomizers.
    vocr likes this.

  6. #6
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Manila, RP
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Will you get those 1300mah in during the sale? Because if so, I will wait till you stock them to place my order. Do you know if they work with the ego booster? The ego booster faq says:

    The Ego Booster uses the fact that genuine eGo batteries use what is called Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) to control the power going to the atomizer. If you use a device which does not use PWM, the battery must be capable of producing adequate current to power the Ego Booster. This is why we recommend high-current batteries for non-eGo devices.
    Thanks!

  7. #7
    Forum Supplier ECF Veteran newsunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    China
    Posts
    5,696
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vocr View Post
    Will you get those 1300mah in during the sale? Because if so, I will wait till you stock them to place my order. Do you know if they work with the ego booster? The ego booster faq says:



    Thanks!
    What is eGo Booster? it sounds interesting. could you send me a link or a picture, so i can look into it?

    as for 1300mah VGO for 510/eGo (3.7-4.2V), they will not be in the summer sale, because Joye lines and Cartomizers are the theme of the summer sale.

    but they will be likely the theme of our new promotion.
    vocr likes this.

  8. #8
    Full Member Verified Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Riverview, FL
    Posts
    68

    Default

    I hear Schick is coming out with a 5-coil carto..though Gilette is on-track to deliver its 7-coil carto to market about a week later.

    :-)

    (it's late, just something that came to mind and made me chuckle)

  9. #9
    Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Capers View Post
    I hear Schick is coming out with a 5-coil carto..though Gilette is on-track to deliver its 7-coil carto to market about a week later.

    :-)

    (it's late, just something that came to mind and made me chuckle)
    Too funny, are you a fellow razor collector? Double edge, injector, and the like? To hell with the cartridge razors! You don't need more than one blade edge on your face at one time.

  10. #10
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Manila, RP
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newsunshine View Post
    What is eGo Booster? it sounds interesting. could you send me a link or a picture, so i can look into it?
    Sure, at ECF: Ego Booster FAQ. OEM website: http://artisanvaping.com/.

    as for 1300mah VGO for 510/eGo (3.7-4.2V), they will not be in the summer sale, because Joye lines and Cartomizers are the theme of the summer sale.

    but they will be likely the theme of our new promotion.
    Thanks! Actually, I was wondering if you would get them in stock before the sale ends? So I can add them to my order with the items on sale for 1 shipment instead of making 2 shipments.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks