• 7 Post By Bunnykiller
  • 8 Post By Chakris
  • 6 Post By Zanaspus

Thread: *REVIEWS* - HHV Tobaccos

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Welcome to the *NEW* HHV Tobacco review thread!

Here you will be able to find reviews for all the HHV Tobacco line of e-juice. The purpose of this thread is for reference only. It is not a discussion area. We want people to be able to quickly scan the posts and find the information they are looking for without having to wade through hundreds of comments.

Anyone (that's you) may post in this thread as long as it meets two criteria:

1) Your post must be in the form of a review for one or more of the juice flavors listed here.
    2) You must put the juice name, PG/VG ratio, and nic level at the top of each reviewed post.

Please do not leave any comments to the reviews you find in this thread. Any posts found not to follow the above guidelines may be deleted by a moderator.

Here is a link to the reviews page on the old subforum:*REVIEWS* - HHV Tobaccos

The flavors eligible for review in this thread are:

Caramel Apple Tobacco
    Dark Horse (P)
    Dragon's Fire (P)
    Gaia (P)
    Georgia Peach Tobacco
    Heavenly Army (P)
    Heavenly Tobacco
    Huntsman (P)
    Jiggy (P)
    Legend (P)
    Oompa (P)
    Pirate's Booty (P)
    Serendipity (P)
    Shadow (P)
    Sludge (P)
    Sweet Swish
    Temptation (P)
    Vapin' Chimp

(P)
    represents the Purity line of liquids whose flavorings are made without the use of PG. In the case of the tobacco line, it also indicates that the juice is a Naturally Extracted Tobacco (NET) which are extracted in-house by Adam and Heather.

So what are you waiting for? Get reviewin'!
    Last edited by Chakris; 04-26-2014 at 09:54 AM.
    Dusty_D, jefsview and Sirius like this.

Heather's Heavenly Vapes - Come on in and set a spell

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Dragon's Fire, 70/30, 18mg

For anyone new to the HHV tobacco line, there is something you must know. Few, if any, of the tobacco smoke juices reveal their magic until after you have vaped approximately 2 - 5 mLs of it. Dragon's Fire is no exception. This is another exotic HHV flavor from extract made in-house without a single hint of perfume, chemical, or floral. Yes, it is a NET (Naturally Extracted Tobacco). If you have previously experienced Legend (formerly Gandalf), Pirate's Booty, Serendipity, Shadow, or Heavenly Army you will find Dragon's Fire to be a perfect fit in this category and a must try.

As for the throat hit...very typical of an HHV extract...more than adequate. Your throat will know something is passing. Vapor? Again, typical of an HHV NET. There is plenty to look at and be proud of upon exhale. As for flavor, Dragon's Fire, like many of the exotic HHV NETs, is very difficult to describe. There is no other smoke juice on the market that DF comes close to. Nor does it have flavors that are easily recognizable. Perhaps the best way I can describe it is a subtle chocolate chip flavor with a little brown sugar/light honey note. I can also think of some white wines this flavor reminds me of...perhaps a Riesling or similar white wine. It is a dull sweetness that takes the harshness off the tobacco and leaves you craving for the next pull. It is the craving characteristic of this juice that makes it EASILY an every-day-vape. This is a five star smoke juice and a must-try for anyone new to HHV.
    "The fate of unborn millions will now depend, under God, on the courage and conduct of this army...we have therefore to resolve to conquer or die." General Washington July 2, 1776

PV Master ECF Veteran retic1959's Avatar

Legend 100%VG 18-24mg

I've been meaning to write this review for some time now and this is the perfect opportunity for it . Legend is the juice that made an HHV convert out of me . It's a nice sweet cherry pipe tobacco in simplest terms but that's not doing it justice . It's one of the darker flavored juices that HHV offers with black cherry/ berry hilights and rich cocoa undertones with enough of a pipe tobacco presence to satisfy the new vaper looking for a tobacco replacement but more than enough complexity to keep you coming back for more .

Legend is also the the HHV juice that changes the most with steeping IMO , at 4 weeks the tobacco really wakes up and at 6-8 weeks the cherry/berry flavor fades into the background and the tobacco takes front and center stage becoming a rich slightly spicy pipe tobacco vape . At 100%VG the vapor is thick and rich , TH is great , definitely no lack of flavor in HHV's 100%VG juices , I can also chain vape with no worries about wicking either . To sum things up this is my EDV and it deserves it's name , it's truly a Legendary vape .
    jefsview, Mazinny, Sirius and 2 others like this.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

PV Master* Verified Member Bunnykiller's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Temptation 100VG 36 nic 2X flavor shot... SVD/HCigar3.1 KFC 12.5 W 28ga. Vertical coil 2.0 ohms

Wow!! Cocoa is the flavor that hits you first, almost invisible on draw, but on inhail its there. Im finding a bit of a buttery note at inhail end and pause. Exhail thru mouth the cocoa is pleasant. Exhail thru nose, the taste is more defined, cocoa and that buttery note comes thru. If given a choice between Legend and Temptation... ( tough choice) I would have to choose Temptation. But I do luv my chocolates
    Lets see what this beauty does with a couple of weeks of aging...

HHV, you have another winner on your hands!!
    Bronze, Mazinny, Chakris and 4 others like this.
    Don't Trust ATOMS They Make Up Everything

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Default Dark Horse - breaking out of the woods to open fields.

Dark Horse: 70/30 PG/VG 18mg nic & extra Extract
    Born: Aug 27, 2013 (Yup, it's well aged)
    Device: SvoeMesto KayFun Lite/Provari; 30 ga. micro-coil 1.9 ohm (silica, cotton & Rayon wicks have been used with subtle deviations)

I believe, I may have one of the oldest bottles still vapeable. As stated above, it was born on 27 Aug, 2013 and has aged well (see what I did there?).

Other folks have pretty much summed it up with their posts throughout this sub-forum using terms such as "...a no frills tobacco vape... ...described as "grassy"; "...a light to medium tobacco, not as "sharp" as Gaia can be, and a much fuller flavor than Shadow..."; "...basically Huntsman-lite: a dry, grassy NET with a whisper of sweetness; a basic cigarette type of flavor..."; "...doesn't change much, if at all. It's a solid Virginia style tobacco..."; "...tastes alot like a real cigarette with a slight bit of sweetness... ...reminds me of the Camel Turkish Royals...."

I would just like to add that I don't particularly care for the term "grassy" in many descriptions I've come cross for DH and Huntsman. Not that it's is bad in any way - I loved dangling a stalk of long grass from my lips back at the old homestead in Lockport, NY. In my opinion, rustic or pastoral would be better descriptors - "having a simplicity and charm that is considered typical of the countryside." Many have likened DH to "Huntsman's little brother", not as bold and mature as the old woody forest of Maple and Oak, it still holds its own with pastoral charm, crystal specks of sweetness and a pleasant spiciness at the end. Where Huntsman may be a trek through woods and meadows, Dark Horse is coming out of the woods to find open fields at harvest time.

If flavors had a color associated to them, in my mind's eye, DH would be green with sprinkles of orange, red and brown here and there. Possibly a younger cigarette tobacco than say, Shadow or Dragon's Fire, but without the burning paper and tar, of course. One shouldn't expect it to taste exactly like a cigarette, however, it is darn close!

A final note on it's color. Unlike some HHV NETs that start out amber and turn dark brown with age, new DH begins pale yellow at first progressing to my present bottle's state of light honey or amber.
    Last edited by Chakris; 08-12-2014 at 01:58 PM.
    Mazinny, Sirius, retic1959 and 5 others like this.

Heather's Heavenly Vapes - Come on in and set a spell

Heavenly Tobacco
    24 mg 20/80 PG/VG
    Aspire Nautilus on a Provari 2.5

Wow, just wow. This is a beautiful take on RY4. Nothing overwhelming just sweet tobacco with a hint of caramel. It sort of reminds me of Nicoticket Virus without the maple syrup overtone. No rough edges whatsoever, just an ADV for RY4 lovers.