Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Zanaspus
  • 2 Post By Zanaspus

Thread: *REVIEWS* - HHV Drinks

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Welcome to the HHV Drinks reviews thread!

Here you will be able to find reviews for all the HHV Coffee and Beverage lines of e-juice. The purpose of this thread is for reference only. It is not a discussion area. We want people to be able to quickly scan the posts and find the information they are looking for without having to wade through hundreds of comments.

Anyone (that's you) may post in this thread as long as it meets two criteria:

1) Your post must be in the form of a review for one or more of the juice flavors listed here.
    2) You must put the juice name, PG/VG ratio, and nic level at the top of each reviewed post.

Please do not leave any comments to the reviews you find in this thread. Any posts found not to follow the above guidelines may be deleted by a moderator.

Here is a link to previous reviews on the old HHV subforum: *REVIEWS* - HHV Drinks

The flavors eligible for review in this thread are:

Caramel Cappuccino
    Dew
    Island Dream
    Java Smooth
    Mocha Java Smooth

So what are you waiting for? Get reviewin'!
    Last edited by Dusty_D; 04-26-2014 at 12:30 PM.

Heather's Heavenly Vapes - Come on in and set a spell

Dew
    24 mg 20/80 PG/VG
    Aspire Nautilus on a Provari 2.5

I was disappointed in this one as I had such high hopes for a dew flavored e-juice. It delivers lemon lime, but, to me, it's more of a flat Sprite than a Dew. I guess they can't all be winners.
    Bronze likes this.

Island Dream
    24 mg 20/80 PG/VG
    Aspire Nautilus on a Provari 2.5

This tastes exactly like a strong (read alcohol strong) pina colada. Really, rum is the overriding taste with pineapple and coconut taking a backseat. This is after a month of steeping, so a longer steep might reel back the rum.

One thing about this juice, it's the first and only (thus far) juice I've encountered that is not clear. The cloudiness concerns me a bit but not enough to not hit it.
    Bronze and Chakris like this.

ECF Moderator
    CASAA Liaison Moderator
    Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Island Dream
    70/30 PG/VG

A tropical drink that blends everything together. I cannot pin point each flavor (not capable as I really only taste the whole not the parts that make up the whole). It took me about 2ml to really appreciate this one. The more I vaped it, the more I liked it.
    Smoke Free Since October 5, 2012 ~The Robinator~
    Join CASAA and be a part of standing up for your right to vape.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Copied from the Archives
    Originally posted: 02-23-2013, 10:19 PM

Caramel Cappuccino
    70/30 PG/VG
    12 mg/ml nic

I only tried CC in the small 3ml sample size, but fell in love with it at first vape. It had a deep rich coffee taste and scrumcious caramel blend. However, 3ml was not nearly enough to completely wrap my head/tongue around, so I ordered a 30 ml bottle that just arrived last week. My review would have been complete if I were able to compare the present bottle to the first sample, unfortunately, my buds are under attack from an unknown virus and are not co-operating. I will try to update this in the future when my buds come back to me.
    Last edited by Chakris; 11-10-2014 at 12:54 PM.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Copied from the Archives
    Originally posted: 02-27-2013, 08:49 PM

Caramel Cappuccino
    50/50 PG/VG
    6 mg/ml nic

Devices: Kanger T3; HH.357 Attomizer
    Power: Vamo, eGo-C Twist, and Version Spinner

Ok, my buds are more or less back to normal so I decided to update my review of Caramel Cappuccino. This is a new batch born on the 1st of February and was steeped with caps and drip tips off 2 days and 2 more weeks with caps back on. I asked for extra flavor on this batch as well. While not quite the same as I remember the first sample, it is still a very nice e-juice. The caramel & cream blend is there, but not syrupy sweet as the rich coffee flavor rounds it out nicely. Being in Thailand for so long, I think tastes have leaned towards more robust coffee flavors. This is where I believe Caramel Cappuccino is lacking ever so much - it's just a tad light on the coffee side for my normal tastes.

I haven't dismissed this juice by no means. Several other HHV juices started out the same way for me. Black & Blue for example, IMO, had a very weak berry flavor at first, but after a month or so the berry flavor came alive and is now one of my favorite fruit vapes. So, I'm going to put it up for a while and come back to it. As far as throat hit is concerned, personally, I don't like a heavy TH. If the TH is too hard, it feels like the dog buried a bone in the back of my throat and reminds me of one of the reasons I quit analogs. At 50/50 ratio the TH is just right for me, YMMV. That ratio also gives me more than enough of vapor production!

In conclusion, if you are a cappuccino drinker, you might want to give this juice a try. I can't and won't say you'll love it, because everyone perceives flavors in different ways. In my opinion, and that's worth what you paid for it, CC is a very good vape in the morning or after a meal. Don't think I could vape it all day, but I could come back to it several times during the day - I like to switch up juices a lot.

PS - I didn't discern much difference in taste between the T3 & HH.357. The T3 (2.5 ohm) was running at about 4v - 4.3v and the .357 (1.5 ohm) at 3.6v - 3.9v.

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Dew, 70/30, 18mg

OK, I'll just say it. My Dew review is more valuable than anyone else's. Why? I was hooked on Mountain Dew before anyone ever heard of it. I started back when only one out of every 20 stores carried it and you had to look in the back of the bottom shelf to find it. And then you had to wipe the dust off the bottle before opening it. Back in the days before plastic bottles (remember the returnable 16oz glass bottles?). In those days, many people confused it with Green River. Two totally different sodas (or "pop" where I grew up in Chicago). Well, since those early days, I'd be hard pressed to think of a single day I went without Mountain Dew. The first thing I do when I wake up is go for a MD. I averaged 48 oz per day through my mid 40's before limiting myself to 24 daily ozs. I credit Mountain Dew for getting me through undergrad. No question about it. I went to school full time, lived on my own, supported myself 100%, and worked a job to do it (and never took a loan). That meant NO SLEEP! If I got 3 hours it was a treat. So I supplemented my lifestyle by guzzling Mountain Dew...stretches where I would drink 96oz in a day just to stay awake. Yessiree, me and Mountain Dew have a very special relationship...40+ years. This makes me an expert Dew reviewer. Any questions?

Anyhow, as for the HHV Dew review...I am really enjoying this vape. The throat hit and vapor production are quite surprising. I wasn't expecting them to be so prominent. They are! Very impressed. The flavor? Let me break that down to two approaches...does it taste like MD and is it any good? Does it taste like Mountain Dew? Well, mostly. I'd say 80%. They're both lemon/lime citrusy to be sure. To me, it is closer to Mellow Yellow (a MD wannabe). But again, it's not far off and I'm surprised Heather got this one as close as she did. Let's face it, vapor is not the same as carbonation. One has more "feel" than the other so we are comparing lemons and limes (so to speak). But both MD and HHV Dew share something in common and it is that mild sweet tart flavor that is so addicting. I'd say the lime is slightly more dominant than the lemon but remains mostly balanced and similar to Mountain Dew. HHV Dew has just a hint of soapy flavor in it that I'm guessing comes from the PG/VG. It isn't offensive but is a faint note that is in the vape that is not in the drink.

If you are a Mountain Dew enthusiast, I'm fairly confident you would like this vape...even if for novelty reasons. But if you like a sweet, tart vape, I think you would like HHV Dew as well. The TH and vapor wont disappoint you. And I don't think the flavor will either. Now, if Heather could only figure out a way to get some caffeine in this juice!
    "The fate of unborn millions will now depend, under God, on the courage and conduct of this army...we have therefore to resolve to conquer or die." General Washington July 2, 1776