Let's Talk Hardware - Page 2
Page 2 of 311 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 3105
Like Tree9385Likes

Thread: Let's Talk Hardware

  1. #11
    Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Bronze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wake Forest, NC
    Posts
    22,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPicC View Post
    Originally I was planning on a unicorn of some sort for my 2 year. There's a lot going on here right now which I can't discuss right now so I'm scaling back a bit for a SL reo.. Much more affordable if I get it at all.
    ^ With that said nothing to worry about folks.. at all.
    My main issue at the moment is which liquid I vape in my 18650 woodvil.. I'm thinking it's been about a year and I need to revisit DF! Has DF extract changed at all in the past year?
    Nope. DF is as delectable as ever. DF away!
    MrPicC, Chakris, MwSlim and 2 others like this.
    "The fate of unborn millions will now depend, under God, on the courage and conduct of this army...we have therefore to resolve to conquer or die." General Washington July 2, 1776

  2. #12
    PV Master ECF Veteran DavidOH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Central OH
    Posts
    3,509

    Default

    Well I got my little mod on the KFL done. Why'd I do it? Because I can.20140427_104141.jpg20140427_104210.jpg20140427_112158.jpg20140427_112520.jpg

    The coil is also new for me. It's .5 x 1 mm ribbon wrapped at 3/64 at 1.4 ohms with 9 wraps I think. When first wrapped it was 1.8 and 12 wraps so I took it off and removed wraps till it was 1.4. Then put 2 bits of cotton under the coil and crossed then over the top. I'll see if it's any better than the 5/64s wrap at the same ohms. Should be something in it I'm use to for comparison but think I'll go with Heavenly Tobacco (3/29) and see how I like. Need to place an order soon so need to know if I want more.

    Ok that did not work out. The problem is the wrap blocked the air flow. Maybe if I try a vertical coil. Oh well for now back to 5/64s. Ahhh that's better.
    Last edited by DavidOH; 04-27-2014 at 05:03 PM.
    British comedian Dave Allen--Thank you...Goodnight and May Your God Go With You.

    My Mother--There are no problems in life, just little hiccups.

  3. #13
    PV Master ECF Veteran DavidOH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Central OH
    Posts
    3,509

    Default

    It's getting that every 2 days I put a new coil in the KFL. Seems like when I just change the cotton it doesn't hit the same or I mess up the coil. Could be the .5 ribbon isn't as robust as round wire. Or I'm just picky. I took it apart to clean and did a little mod to it. Used the dremel to knock back the corner on the block a little. This will give the wire more clearance. Not sure why they didn't do that anyway.
    British comedian Dave Allen--Thank you...Goodnight and May Your God Go With You.

    My Mother--There are no problems in life, just little hiccups.

  4. #14
    Super Member* Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    jjordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Fairbury, Nebraska
    Posts
    510

    Default

    I currently have:
    Vamo V5
    Itaste 2.0 Shine in pink
    After I get paid on the first I will have on the way in vape mail YAY!
    An Innokin SVD
    A Sigelei max V3
    And a MVP 2.0 in Silver
    Some tanks and a drip tip (I know not mods lol but all stuff I found on the classifieds!)
    The prices were too good to pass up! AND I needed more toys since two of my Smoktek batteries died on me earlier this week!
    Chakris, DavidOH and retic1959 like this.

  5. #15
    PV Master* Verified Member Bunnykiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    New Orleans La.
    Posts
    7,444
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    my present collection consists of
    SVD, HC3.1, RSST,R91C,Vamech, Igo-W

    oh yea and a 15KW power supply, coat hangers(metal), and a huge roll of cotton for back-up
    Chakris, DavidOH and retic1959 like this.
    Don't Trust ATOMS They Make Up Everything

  6. #16
    PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    MrPicC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    5,460
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    uploadfromtaptalk1398902690176.jpg
    Own 4 reos now and I'm bout done with all gear non REO related.
    I have one kayfun dripper conversion kit coming and if it isn't amazing my legit kayfuns are gone too.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    Pappy, Chakris and DavidOH like this.

  7. #17
    PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    DavidOck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Eatonville WA
    Posts
    4,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidOH View Post
    Well I got my little mod on the KFL done. Why'd I do it? Because I can.20140427_104141.jpg20140427_104210.jpg20140427_112158.jpg20140427_112520.jpg

    The coil is also new for me. It's .5 x 1 mm ribbon wrapped at 3/64 at 1.4 ohms with 9 wraps I think. When first wrapped it was 1.8 and 12 wraps so I took it off and removed wraps till it was 1.4. Then put 2 bits of cotton under the coil and crossed then over the top. I'll see if it's any better than the 5/64s wrap at the same ohms. Should be something in it I'm use to for comparison but think I'll go with Heavenly Tobacco (3/29) and see how I like. Need to place an order soon so need to know if I want more.

    Ok that did not work out. The problem is the wrap blocked the air flow. Maybe if I try a vertical coil. Oh well for now back to 5/64s. Ahhh that's better.
    Curious about why you ran the wick under the coil. Doesn't the block the air hole? I run my (cotton) wick through the coil on my KF, keeping the airway clear. Works great with a 28 gauge round Kanthal 1.5 micro coil.
    Chakris and DavidOH like this.


  8. #18
    PV Master ECF Veteran DavidOH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Central OH
    Posts
    3,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidOck View Post
    Curious about why you ran the wick under the coil. Doesn't the block the air hole? I run my (cotton) wick through the coil on my KF, keeping the airway clear. Works great with a 28 gauge round Kanthal 1.5 micro coil.
    3/64s was to tight to get any cotton through it. With 5/64s I do run it through.
    Chakris likes this.
    British comedian Dave Allen--Thank you...Goodnight and May Your God Go With You.

    My Mother--There are no problems in life, just little hiccups.

  9. #19
    PV Master* Verified Member Bunnykiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    New Orleans La.
    Posts
    7,444
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Im running a vertical micro in the 3.1 with cotton around the coil and then the upper portion of the coil is wrapped with cotton. As you look into the vape chamber from the top it looks like a cotton donut. the only transfer of air is directly thru the coil only. will get pics next time it goes empty....
    MrPicC, Chakris and DavidOH like this.
    Don't Trust ATOMS They Make Up Everything

  10. #20
    PV Master* Verified Member Bunnykiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    New Orleans La.
    Posts
    7,444
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnykiller View Post
    Im running a vertical micro in the 3.1 with cotton around the coil and then the upper portion of the coil is wrapped with cotton. As you look into the vape chamber from the top it looks like a cotton donut. the only transfer of air is directly thru the coil only. will get pics next time it goes empty....
    well here is the picture....

    the donut wick 3.1
    DSCF0007.jpg
    Chakris, Robino1, DavidOH and 1 others like this.
    Don't Trust ATOMS They Make Up Everything

Bookmarks