Let's Talk Hardware - Page 4
Page 4 of 333 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 3329
Like Tree10079Likes

Thread: Let's Talk Hardware

  1. #31
    PV Master* Verified Member Bunnykiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    New Orleans La.
    Posts
    7,460
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidOck View Post
    Heck, Dusty, looks like you now need to go shopping. Lots of room
    whatya mean shopping.... looks like he could open up a shop
    Dusty_D, Chakris and DavidOH like this.
    Don't Trust ATOMS They Make Up Everything

  2. #32
    PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    DavidOck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Eatonville WA
    Posts
    4,333

    Default

    Nature abhors a vacuum.
    Chakris, DavidOH and retic1959 like this.


  3. #33
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    LAwaters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Geek gal from around Philly, PA
    Posts
    1,648

    Default

    It's humble gear (so far), but I'm loving it!

    All tanks are loaded with HHV: Legend in the Nautilus, Dark Horse in the Aero and Sludge in the iClear. I'm having fun messing with the settings on the MVP 2 for the best flavors. I like a warm vape (low airflow), but don't want to burn out those dual coils. Suggestions welcome on that. I've reviewed the math posts on ECF and have the Ohm's Law calculator app. But there was a lack of clarity about whether to double the resistance to account for having 2 coils.

    image.jpg
    Last edited by LAwaters; 05-04-2014 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Clarify MVP 2
    Chakris and retic1959 like this.

  4. #34
    PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    DavidOck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Eatonville WA
    Posts
    4,333

    Default

    Humble's fine Good vape from the MVP.

    If it's a model 2, just punch up the ohm check and see what it says, if you want to use the charts. Otherwise, just start low and work up to good flavor. No math needed, just taste buds. Go up a step at a time, if it starts to taste a bit "off", back off a step and you're probably in heaven!
    DavidOH, retic1959 and LAwaters like this.


  5. #35
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    LAwaters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Geek gal from around Philly, PA
    Posts
    1,648

    Default

    It is MVP 2. I've been in vape heaven since picking it up Friday night at a B&M. Paid more, but I wanted to support them and not have to stalk the mailman. I've been doing the setting in volts, because it seems to get a better result. I'm finding where the taste is best, 3.8 or so is a sweet spot so far, but I didn't want it to be too much for the coil! Total noob here.
    Chakris, DavidOH and retic1959 like this.

  6. #36
    PV Master ECF Veteran retic1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    new orleans , louisiana
    Posts
    4,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LAwaters View Post
    It's humble gear (so far), but I'm loving it!

    All tanks are loaded with HHV: Legend in the Nautilus, Dark Horse in the Aero and Sludge in the iClear. I'm having fun messing with the settings on the MVP 2 for the best flavors. I like a warm vape (low airflow), but don't want to burn out those dual coils. Suggestions welcome on that. I've reviewed the math posts on ECF and have the Ohm's Law calculator app. But there was a lack of clarity about whether to double the resistance to account for having 2 coils.

    image.jpg
    LA on a dual coil setup it's half the resistance , in another words if your MVP says your resistance is 2.0 ohms there are two 4 ohm coils in your Nautilus , your best bet is to run in wattage or power mode instead of volts , in wattage mode your MVP checks resistance every time you fire and sets the voltage automatically , start at 7 watts and work up , the Aspires like to be pushed , 10 - 12 watts is where I ran mine , the heads lasted for months .
    Dusty_D, Chakris and LAwaters like this.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

  7. #37
    Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Levels, WV, USA
    Posts
    1,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty_D View Post
    Did a clean-up/rearrange of the vape shelves yesterday afternoon and got rid of a ton of old junk. Everything ProTank, Vivi Nova and similar vintage is now in the garbage bin.

    Juices in rotation on top shelf. Steepers in black toolbox on bottom shelf.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Ack! You threw it away?!? lol
    Chakris and LAwaters like this.

  8. #38
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Pappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    LA, I just picked up an MVP 2 today at the local B&M. Charging it right now. This will be my first VW device.
    Bronze, Chakris, DavidOH and 2 others like this.
    “If a thing is worth having, it's worth cheating for." W.C. Fields

  9. #39
    PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    DavidOck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Eatonville WA
    Posts
    4,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LAwaters View Post
    It is MVP 2. I've been in vape heaven since picking it up Friday night at a B&M. Paid more, but I wanted to support them and not have to stalk the mailman. I've been doing the setting in volts, because it seems to get a better result. I'm finding where the taste is best, 3.8 or so is a sweet spot so far, but I didn't want it to be too much for the coil! Total noob here.
    Good for you! I like to keep some of my $$ in the local economy, as long as they don't gouge me A reasonable markup is fine, they do have more overhead. And it offsets the postage. Not to mention taking care of not having to wait...

    And we were ALL noobs at one point.
    Chakris, DavidOH and LAwaters like this.


  10. #40
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    LAwaters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Geek gal from around Philly, PA
    Posts
    1,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by retic1959 View Post
    LA on a dual coil setup it's half the resistance , in another words if your MVP says your resistance is 2.0 ohms there are two 4 ohm coils in your Nautilus , your best bet is to run in wattage or power mode instead of volts , in wattage mode your MVP checks resistance every time you fire and sets the voltage automatically , start at 7 watts and work up , the Aspires like to be pushed , 10 - 12 watts is where I ran mine , the heads lasted for months .
    Fantastic, retic!!! I was so worried about volts, that I was staying on that setting. I just cranked the watts to 10 and the flavor started shining so much more! The young guy at the store was the owner's son, and clearly ... ermmm ... *not sober* ... And he told me he runs his MVP 2 at 11 watts all the time. But his info was suspect given his state.

Bookmarks