Let's Talk Hardware - Page 5
Page 5 of 314 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 3139
Like Tree9499Likes

Thread: Let's Talk Hardware

  1. #41
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    LAwaters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Geek gal from around Philly, PA
    Posts
    1,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    LA, I just picked up an MVP 2 today at the local B&M. Charging it right now. This will be my first VW device.
    Congrats, Pappy! It's always fun to get new gear. I skipped the twist variety for this, and am glad I did. Enjoy!
    Chakris, DavidOH and retic1959 like this.

  2. #42
    PV Master ECF Veteran retic1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    new orleans , louisiana
    Posts
    4,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LAwaters View Post
    Fantastic, retic!!! I was so worried about volts, that I was staying on that setting. I just cranked the watts to 10 and the flavor started shining so much more! The young guy at the store was the owner's son, and clearly ... ermmm ... *not sober* ... And he told me he runs his MVP 2 at 11 watts all the time. But his info was suspect given his state.
    Wattage mode keeps you safe since the MVP does the calculating for you , try Legend at 12 watts and see how that suits you , that's my sweet spot for Legend , other juices I run at different settings .
    Chakris and DavidOH like this.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

  3. #43
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    LAwaters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Geek gal from around Philly, PA
    Posts
    1,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidOck View Post
    Good for you! I like to keep some of my $$ in the local economy, as long as they don't gouge me A reasonable markup is fine, they do have more overhead. And it offsets the postage. Not to mention taking care of not having to wait...

    And we were ALL noobs at one point.
    Thanks for the encouragement, David! The downside was that they sold out of the standards the day before. Since it was a 45 min drive and I was impatient to have it, I bought a Shine one. Way, way too girly for me, but nothing a skin can't fix. Now I get to keep fiddling with the edges of the skin AND the tanks and settings. Yay!
    Chakris, DavidOH and retic1959 like this.

  4. #44
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    LAwaters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Geek gal from around Philly, PA
    Posts
    1,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by retic1959 View Post
    Wattage mode keeps you safe since the MVP does the calculating for you , try Legend at 12 watts and see how that suits you , that's my sweet spot for Legend , other juices I run at different settings .
    The max on it is 11 watts. But yummy! Especially in the Nautilus - huge difference from my top wicking tanks. (Halo Triton)
    Chakris, DavidOH and retic1959 like this.

  5. #45
    PV Master ECF Veteran retic1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    new orleans , louisiana
    Posts
    4,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LAwaters View Post
    Fantastic, retic!!! I was so worried about volts, that I was staying on that setting. I just cranked the watts to 10 and the flavor started shining so much more! The young guy at the store was the owner's son, and clearly ... ermmm ... *not sober* ... And he told me he runs his MVP 2 at 11 watts all the time. But his info was suspect given his state.
    I don't trust the counter monkeys at the BM's here either , the last time BK and I invaded a BM the counter monkey told us he sold his kayfun because he couldn't get it to work , yet he's paid to help customers when he couldn't help himself , best advice is to do your research here before you buy and know what you're buying before you walk in , the Army always here to assist you .
    Chakris, DavidOck, DavidOH and 1 others like this.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

  6. #46
    PV Master ECF Veteran retic1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    new orleans , louisiana
    Posts
    4,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by retic1959 View Post
    LA on a dual coil setup it's half the resistance , in another words if your MVP says your resistance is 2.0 ohms there are two 4 ohm coils in your Nautilus , your best bet is to run in wattage or power mode instead of volts , in wattage mode your MVP checks resistance every time you fire and sets the voltage automatically , start at 7 watts and work up , the Aspires like to be pushed , 10 - 12 watts is where I ran mine , the heads lasted for months .
    I'm thinking I better clarify this in case of someone misunderstanding the use of the ohm's law calculator , the resistance your device gives is your resistance period , despite there being two 4 ohm coils in a 2 ohm dual coil setup the actual resistance is still 2 ohm's , don't want someone with a VV device misunderstanding the above explanation .
    Chakris, DavidOH and LAwaters like this.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

  7. #47
    PV Master* Verified Member Bunnykiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    New Orleans La.
    Posts
    7,444
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    LA, I just picked up an MVP 2 today at the local B&M. Charging it right now. This will be my first VW device.
    if you have any questions about vari volt or vari watts and how to understand the difference Retic, Chak,Robin, and I are here to answer your questions... I know it can be quite confooozing .. all those numbers and settings and stuff. and you wont have to worry about explodin' batteries and making those pesky sub-ohm coils for your MVP2

    Pappy, Chakris, DavidOH and 2 others like this.
    Don't Trust ATOMS They Make Up Everything

  8. #48
    PV Master ECF Veteran retic1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    new orleans , louisiana
    Posts
    4,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnykiller View Post
    if you have any questions about vari volt or vari watts and how to understand the difference Retic, Chak,Robin, and I are here to answer your questions... I know it can be quite confooozing .. all those numbers and settings and stuff. and you wont have to worry about explodin' batteries and making those pesky sub-ohm coils for your MVP2

    Are you cruisin for a bruisin from Pappy ?
    Pappy, Chakris and DavidOH like this.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

  9. #49
    ECF Moderator
    Original Guru
    Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Dusty_D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    13,006

    Default

    /me didn't make BK's here to help list.

    /me is sad!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    MrPicC, Chakris, DavidOH and 2 others like this.

  10. #50
    PV Master ECF Veteran retic1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    new orleans , louisiana
    Posts
    4,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty_D View Post
    /me didn't make BK's here to help list.

    /me is sad!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    You shouldn't be unless you want to help BK poke Pappy with a stick .
    Pappy, Chakris and DavidOH like this.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Bookmarks