Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 3) - Page 842
Page 842 of 1500 FirstFirst ... 3427427928328388398408418428438448458468528929421342 ... LastLast
Results 8,411 to 8,420 of 15000
Like Tree77474Likes

Thread: Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 3)

Quote Originally Posted by Chakris View Post
    That's one of the reasons I left the school I was teaching at for 15 years. After my yearly contract was up I asked for certain conditions for the next year and was told they wouldn't comply. Foreign teacher salaries haven't changed in 10 years while the cost of living has increased almost double in that time.

Hope you get the things you need for your job.
    Well it's the wait and see game now. Doctor released me. The short term disability company is closed for the day, so I left a message with them. I just need to call them back. Doctor said I could take my time and she will support me returning on Monday if I want to take a few extra days to get all settled. Doctor is worried about my stress levels and wants me to just take care of my leg and not over do it and end up in a wheelchair. I tend to agree with the doctor . I'm just glad the ADA is on my side - and I don't think I would have said that before. I've been a long time manager and it's not fun dealing with someone who has restrictions - but I've always been 100% fair. I just have a feeling that my bosses boss doesn't see things that way. He just sees dollar signs next to my name. If I were to be released, they could afford 3 more employees. We're talking about a 2 billion dollar company that's ready to kick every employee to the curb for any reason - no BS.

As strange as this sounds, I'm thinking of opening a B&M for vaping gear. I understand the stress and strain - I've previously owned 3 businesses that were successful and sold them off. All 3 companies were customer focused but just for services, not retail. The only reason I've worked at my current job for the last 8 years has been healthcare and a few other major benefits that they have to offer. and I honestly think I've just become complacent with that. With everything that has happened to healthcare in the last 3 years and the cuts in benefits that my company has instituted in the last 12 months, It's almost not worth working for this company anymore. I would LOVE to run a B&M, or even invest/partner with an existing B&M - but I also need to provide for the family. Everything in life is a risk right?

tl&dr - Everything in life is a risk, just need to figure out if the company I work for is the right place for me or I need to do something different that I can support my family with
    Last edited by DJTim; 07-09-2014 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Spe
    Hulamoon, Chakris, DavidOH and 2 others like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Well I would hope so smartie... But is it fresh red apple, apple jolly rancher, or green apple?

Oh, last night's events with my friend's dogs.. poodle chased chickens and would not stop no matter how many times we screamed her name.. DH finally got close enough to her to give her a swift kick which got her attention. no dog visitors tonight.
    Iowa Gal, Hulamoon, Bronze and 4 others like this.

PV Master ECF Veteran retic1959's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vermiform View Post
    Even better. The pics make it look like it adjusts similar to a stillare where as you open the AF it opens on both sides.
    Verm the ring allows you to have both sides open for dual setups or just one side open for single coil operation and three adjustments for each mode , all I can say is in dual coil mode the flavor is more intense than the Stillare , it's the best vape I've had yet .
    Hulamoon and DavidOH like this.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by DJTim View Post
    Well it's the wait and see game now. Doctor released me. The short term disability company is closed for the day, so I left a message with them. I just need to call them back. Doctor said I could take my time and she will support me returning on Monday if I want to take a few extra days to get all settled. Doctor is worried about my stress levels and wants me to just take care of my leg and not over do it and end up in a wheelchair. I tend to agree with the doctor . I'm just glad the ADA is on my side - and I don't think I would have said that before. I've been a long time manager and it's not fun dealing with someone who has restrictions - but I've always been 100% fair. I just have a feeling that my bosses boss doesn't see things that way. He just sees dollar signs next to my name. If I were to be released, they could afford 3 more employees. We're talking about a 2 billion dollar company that's ready to kick every employee to the curb for any reason - no BS.

As strange as this sounds, I'm thinking of opening a B&M for vaping gear. I understand the stress and strain - I've previously owned 3 businesses that were successful and sold them off. All 3 companies were customer focused but just for services, not retail. The only reason I've worked at my current job for the last 8 years has been healthcare and a few other major benefits that they have to offer. and I honestly think I've just become complacent with that. With everything that has happened to healthcare in the last 3 years and the cuts in benefits that my company has instituted in the last 12 months, It's almost not worth working for this company anymore. I would LOVE to run a B&M, or even invest/partner with an existing B&M - but I also need to provide for the family. Everything in life is a risk right?

tl&dr - Everything in life is a risk, just need to figure out if the company I work for is the right place for me or I need to do something different that I can support my family with
    There's no way in hell that I'd open a B&M until the communists in DC decide what they are gonna deprive us of next .
    Hulamoon, Bronze, Chakris and 1 others like this.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Super Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by retic1959 View Post
    Verm the ring allows you to have both sides open for dual setups or just one side open for single coil operation and three adjustments for each mode , all I can say is in dual coil mode the flavor is more intense than the Stillare , it's the best vape I've had yet .
    Ordering one now. When the little lady see's the vape mail, I'm going to blame you and BK.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Yup I'm with retic, that's an extra risky move right now. They could pull the rug out from under you at any time, until everything is classified at least I wouldn't want to own any vaping related business

Has anybody seen this, unbelievable ! Kafun and Russian troubles. I have five authentics, and they all

Somebody needs this .
    Hulamoon, Chakris and DavidOH like this.

Ordering one now. When the little lady see's the vape mail, I'm going to blame you and BK.
    Ehh ! Won't be the first time we got blamed for the Shiney's .

Quote Originally Posted by retic1959 View Post
    There's no way in hell that I'd open a B&M until the communists in DC decide what they are gonna deprive us of next .
    Quote Originally Posted by always9988 View Post
    Yup I'm with retic, that's an extra risky move right now. They could pull the rug out from under you at any time, until everything is classified at least I wouldn't want to own any vaping related business
    Agreed. One thing is the first part of regulations will be (in part) discussed in the next few months. It takes time to open any kind of B&M business - we're talking 3 to 6 months at a minimum when you start from nothing. I do have a acquaintance that is an on-line only vendor for vaping gear, no juice. He also retails much more then just PV stuff on line. He and I had very light hearted discussions about doing a B&M for his stuff - he just doesn't have the influx of cash that it would take to open a B&M for anything. Long story short there's always a way out if things were to go to heck in a hand basket with the FDA. I use to like taking risks, but I also know how to hedge my bets if something really goes sideways
    Hulamoon, Chakris, DavidOH and 2 others like this.

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Blame away, but you're gonna be the one who gets killed.
    "The fate of unborn millions will now depend, under God, on the courage and conduct of this army...we have therefore to resolve to conquer or die." General Washington July 2, 1776