What are you Aging? and How are you aging it? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: What are you Aging? and How are you aging it?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

With my first 50 ml bottle on the way, I'm wondering if it's okay to age it in the single bottle it arrives in, or is it better to break it down into smaller amounts for aging?
    Chakris and retic1959 like this.

PV Master ECF Veteran retic1959's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAwaters View Post
    With my first 50 ml bottle on the way, I'm wondering if it's okay to age it in the single bottle it arrives in, or is it better to break it down into smaller amounts for aging?
    I haven't tried breaking it down in to smaller bottles , it's supposed to help but my HHV doesn't hang around long enough anyway , time for 100ml bottles for me .
    Chakris and LAwaters like this.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by LAwaters View Post
    Some have said breaking it down increases the steeping. Sounds like another myth to me. LA, steeping is the simple process of differing flavor molecules attaching themselves to each other. Nothing more, nothing less. With HHV, decap a day to get the alcohol out of there (alcohol retards steeping). From there, just shake as often as you think of it. Some folks swear they can steep their juice in a matter of hours using those sonic cleaners. I don't know the validity of that but I would believe those have a greater impact on steeping than bottle size. Just my

Shake shake shake is the best thing you can do other than getting ahead on your inventory.
    Chakris, retic1959 and LAwaters like this.
    "The fate of unborn millions will now depend, under God, on the courage and conduct of this army...we have therefore to resolve to conquer or die." General Washington July 2, 1776

Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks, Retic & Bronze. And Bronze - you used the "s" word. Better duck and run.
    Bronze, Chakris, retic1959 and 1 others like this.

PV Master* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

was sitting here thinking about the plethora of methods used to age the liquid...
    some include:
    letting it sit, shaking, aggressively shaking, heating slowly, heating quickly, shaking and heating combined ( ultrasonic), and down right cooking it in a rice cooker ( ack!!)

each method imparts energy into the liquid in varying degrees of intensity ( basically heat, Im seeing a common denominator here).
    Also, ventilation/breathing is often applied to the liquid... Im assuming to release the alcohol and other VOC's and probably aids in oxidizing complex molecules ( flavors)

general concensus seems to swing towards aging is needed for nets but not so much for non extracted flavors ( other than alcohol removal)
    Pappy, Chakris, retic1959 and 1 others like this.
    Don't Trust ATOMS They Make Up Everything

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnykiller View Post
    was sitting here thinking about the plethora of methods used to age the liquid...
    some include:
    letting it sit, shaking, aggressively shaking, heating slowly, heating quickly, shaking and heating combined ( ultrasonic), and down right cooking it in a rice cooker ( ack!!)

each method imparts energy into the liquid in varying degrees of intensity ( basically heat, Im seeing a common denominator here).
    Also, ventilation/breathing is often applied to the liquid... Im assuming to release the alcohol and other VOC's and probably aids in oxidizing complex molecules ( flavors)

general concensus seems to swing towards aging is needed for nets but not so much for non extracted flavors ( other than alcohol removal)
    The best steeping aging method is to get ahead on inventory.
    MrPicC, Pappy, Chakris and 3 others like this.
    "The fate of unborn millions will now depend, under God, on the courage and conduct of this army...we have therefore to resolve to conquer or die." General Washington July 2, 1776

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Bronze View Post
    The best steeping aging method is to get ahead on inventory.
    Yes, that. I try to always have a few hundred ml of HHV in my Steep Closet . . . . mmmm . . . . Aging Closet.
    Bronze, Chakris, retic1959 and 1 others like this.
    “If a thing is worth having, it's worth cheating for." W.C. Fields

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Still ageing the same stuff just a bit less of each flavor.... (sigh)

Heather's Heavenly Vapes - Come on in and set a spell

Travelin' Man Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I am currently STEEPING (why try to re-invent the wheel ?) ;
    Highbrow ; 30ml bottles of Exotic Blend (w/Apple), French Pipe (mild), Peach Thymbra, Strawberry Lemonade, Blueberry Cheesecake Torte, Caramel Cake, Mint Chocolate Chip, and Belgian Waffle. Born On; 4/29/14. 24 hours Caps/ Drippers off, Shake 2- 3 times weekly.
    MyVapeJuice ; 17ml bottles of Sitliff Private Stock - Westminster, Berkshire, and Taste of Summer. Dunhill - Early Morning. Borkum Riff - Cherry Cavendish. and Savage - Cocoa Blend. Born On; 5/24/14. 24 hours Caps/ Drippers off, Shake 2- 3 times weekly.
    It will be awhile before I get to any of the e-liquids listed above. I am currently Vaping nearly 150ml total of favorite HHV (Legend, Shadow, HT, DF, Oompa) and maybe 30ml total of NET.com (Chris' Blend, Black Cavendish) from Jan 1st. I am also working on maybe 50ml total of AltCig sweet vapes (Churro, Caramel Love, Banana Foster Waffle, and Mom's Apple Pie), and maybe 70ml total of CravinVapes sweet vapes (Vanilla X, Apple Delight, Strawberry Banana) from mid-April.
    As you can tell, I believe in Long- Steeping by rotating stock. Why else would I order nearly 300ml of e-liquid when I already have nearly 300ml in stock ? By rotating stock, I get the desired results.
    Say what you want, but Five- Month naturally steeped HHV Legend and Heavenly Tobacco, Highbrow Cigar and NET.com Chris' Blend are truly exotic vapes for flavor and smoothness.

EDIT: And when the Highbrow and MVJ reach the front of the shelf, it'll be time for a 300- 400 reorder from HHV
    Last edited by PapawBrett; 06-01-2014 at 01:56 PM.
    Bronze, retic1959 and LAwaters like this.

If You would Cry for Your Freedom, will You Stand for the Freedom of Another ?

PV Master* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

your wheel is square
    Don't Trust ATOMS They Make Up Everything

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast