What are you Aging? and How are you aging it? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: What are you Aging? and How are you aging it?

PV Master ECF Veteran retic1959's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnykiller View Post
    your wheel is square
    Nuh Uh ! Papaw knows all about round things . Remember , the wheels on his truck go round and round , round and round, round and round .
    PapawBrett likes this.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Senior Member ECF Veteran Starlyte2's Avatar

I'm aging, unfortunately

But I got a few Ianwera Absolutes, and other flavors I got from there, as well as Mom&Pop tobacco flavors, STEEPING in a cardboard box, in my bedside cupboard.
    Funny how the level drops day after day... But at least it gives them a good shake and airing...

And that reminds me...more M&P's needed. I emptied 2 of my flavors, and the others are good for...er...10ml each. New month, new command
    Last edited by Starlyte2; 06-01-2014 at 10:01 PM.
    DavidOH likes this.

PV Master* Verified Member Bunnykiller's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Since STEEPING is the topic at the moment...
    Im steeping some Gran Mariner ( orange) Black Cavendish/Burly in 100VG
    A dark Chocolate Cavendish in PGA
    and a Chocolate/Mint Black Cavendish in 100VG

the PGA is at room temp sealed and the VG's are in the crockpot at 140F...
    its gonna be a long 3 days...
    DavidOH and retic1959 like this.
    Don't Trust ATOMS They Make Up Everything

Travelin' Man Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by retic1959 View Post
    Nuh Uh ! Papaw knows all about round things . Remember , the wheels on his truck go round and round , round and round, round and round .
    All eighteen of them. especially this time of year....

If You would Cry for Your Freedom, will You Stand for the Freedom of Another ?

*Fat Bob* Verified Member
    Supporting Member

the PGA is at room temp sealed and the VG's are in the crockpot at 140F...
    its gonna be a long 3 days...
    Crockpot?

Help me understand?
    DavidOH likes this.

PV Master ECF Veteran retic1959's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Calve View Post
    Crockpot?

Help me understand?
    BK is making his own tobacco extracts , using a crockpot is one of the methods used for that .
    DavidOH and Calve like this.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Calve View Post
    Crockpot?

Help me understand?
    Im trying to do DIY extracting of flavored aromatic pipe tobaccos in 100VG ( primarily black cavendish/burly). I use a crockpot set on warm/low to get to 135-140F with a 2-3 day steeping time ( this is the real meaning of steeping ). So far Ive done a cherry, chocolate/cherry, chocolate mint, and an orange. Also did a Churchill Cigar and presently doing a dark chocolate cavendish in PGA. Results so far seem to be decient, nothing outstanding yet... but Im still learning processes. The Pros dont give up thier secrets...

*Fat Bob* Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Im trying to do DIY extracting of flavored aromatic pipe tobaccos in 100VG ( primarily black cavendish/burly). I use a crockpot set on warm/low to get to 135-140F with a 2-3 day steeping time ( this is the real meaning of steeping ). So far Ive done a cherry, chocolate/cherry, chocolate mint, and an orange. Also did a Churchill Cigar and presently doing a dark chocolate cavendish in PGA. Results so far seem to be decient, nothing outstanding yet... but Im still learning processes. The Pros dont give up thier secrets...
    So cool.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    DavidOH likes this.

18 wheels move the world, 2 wheels move the soul.

Travelin' Man Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

What Bunny Killer (Scot) is doing is EXTRACTING.
    Several Hours in a Crock Pot would be Heat Extraction.
    Several weeks at room temperature is called Cold Maceration.
    Blending pre-measured amounts of PG, VG, Flavors (extracted or otherwise) and Liquid Nicotine is Mixing.
    Allowing the finished product time for the components to fully blend together is Steeping.

BK, have you gone over to the DIY Sub-Forums yet ? A few of the Natural Tobaccos crowd (Johni comes to mind) are posting threads of their own extraction trials, even listing equipment and amounts. Some are rather specific on the types of tobaccos (Oriental, Burley, Virginia, etc.). Granted, it wouldn't be the same as Adam and Heather opening up their recipe book, but might be worth your while to read a few threads, maybe even compare notes. just sayin.....

If You would Cry for Your Freedom, will You Stand for the Freedom of Another ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PapawBrett View Post
    What Bunny Killer (Scot) is doing is EXTRACTING.
    Several Hours in a Crock Pot would be Heat Extraction.
    Several weeks at room temperature is called Cold Maceration.
    Blending pre-measured amounts of PG, VG, Flavors (extracted or otherwise) and Liquid Nicotine is Mixing.
    Allowing the finished product time for the components to fully blend together is Aging. ( I fixed it for you... bk)

BK, have you gone over to the DIY Sub-Forums yet ? A few of the Natural Tobaccos crowd (Johni comes to mind) are posting threads of their own extraction trials, even listing equipment and amounts. Some are rather specific on the types of tobaccos (Oriental, Burley, Virginia, etc.). Granted, it wouldn't be the same as Adam and Heather opening up their recipe book, but might be worth your while to read a few threads, maybe even compare notes. just sayin.....
    Ive spent hours over there reading, taking notes. Been finding that there is a general concensus on methods and equipment that produce good juice/liquid and have employed such methods in my efforts to produce a good liquid. As far as some of the tobacco choices they use,.... I went to the local cigar shop and did a price check... sorry, but I dont want to afford 45$ for a single cigar... ( and that is the medium price range) some of the upper end cigars go for 125$ each ouch!

I guess the only thing to do at his point in time is to purchase a "real" quality NET made in the same method that Naturally Extracted Tobaccos.com ( Clay??) produces and compare mine to the purchased one and see how far off I am..
    Last edited by Bunnykiller; 06-07-2014 at 09:45 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast