What are you Aging? and How are you aging it?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: What are you Aging? and How are you aging it?

PV Master* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Default What are you Aging? and How are you aging it?

I'm doing some Legend 100VG 36nic in the dark recesses of the bookcase ( well hidden from the wife).

No Steeping Allowed!
    Bronze, Chakris and Robino1 like this.
    Don't Trust ATOMS They Make Up Everything

PV Master ECF Veteran retic1959's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnykiller View Post
    I'm doing some Legend 100VG 36nic in the dark recesses of the bookcase ( well hidden from the wife).

No Steeping Allowed!
    Why don't you start a campaign to replace left and right with port and starboard as well , I like the nautical sound of it .
    Pappy, Bronze and Chakris like this.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by retic1959 View Post
    Why don't you start a campaign to replace left and right with port and starboard as well , I like the nautical sound of it .
    Our government once called it taxing and spending until that got a bad image. Now they call it revenue and investment. They must have learned that from the global warming climate change crowd.
    BackDoc, Pappy, Chakris and 1 others like this.
    "The fate of unborn millions will now depend, under God, on the courage and conduct of this army...we have therefore to resolve to conquer or die." General Washington July 2, 1776

ECF Moderator
    Original Guru
    Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I had to LOL when I saw this thread title.. He finally gets his way!
    Bronze, Chakris, Robino1 and 2 others like this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty_D View Post
    I had to LOL when I saw this thread title.. He finally gets his way!
    What's funny is it's turning into a vocabulary lexicon thread instead of a steeping aging thread.
    Chakris and retic1959 like this.
    "The fate of unborn millions will now depend, under God, on the courage and conduct of this army...we have therefore to resolve to conquer or die." General Washington July 2, 1776

Travelin' Man Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Other than my bones; Vapemail today ! Highbrow French Pipe (Mild), Exotic Blend (w/Apple), Peach Thymbra (Extra Flavor), Strawberry Lemonade (EF), Caramel Cake (EF), Cheesecake Torte (w/ Blueberry, EF), Dark Chocolate Mint (EF), Belgian Waffle (EF). All 30mL, 12mg nicotine, and 30/70 PG/VG (by request).
    Caps and Drippers off, will go back on Saturday. Then they will slowly be worked into rotation by end of month, except for the two tobacco flavors. HB tobaccos are notorious for needing long steep times, like months instead of weeks.
    In the meantime, I have some four month steeped HHV Tobaccos and some six week steeped sweets and bakery from AltCig.com and CravinVapes to keep me occupied....
    Chakris and retic1959 like this.

If You would Cry for Your Freedom, will You Stand for the Freedom of Another ?

ECF Veteran

Just a mention here...the reason we de-cap our HHV for a day or two is because many of Adam's juices use alcohol in the extracts. Some of it remains even after mixing the bottles for our orders. So we need to -de-cap to let the alcohol evaporate. Most vendors do not use alcohol in their extracts. They use other methods that do not require de-capping. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
    Chakris and Bunnykiller like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bronze View Post
    Just a mention here...the reason we de-cap our HHV for a day or two is because many of Adam's juices use alcohol in the extracts. Some of it remains even after mixing the bottles for our orders. So we need to -de-cap to let the alcohol evaporate. Most vendors do not use alcohol in their extracts. They use other methods that do not require de-capping. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
    Very good to know. As soon as I get some bigger bottles and stop vaping HHV liquids as fast as I receive them... I may have something to add to this thread.

I have a dark, cool cabinet where my liquids age after the initial 24 - 48 hour cap off time. I don't do the cap off aging inside the cabinet, because I don't want to cross-contaminate flavors. I have no idea if that could really happen, but I'm a flavor junkie and I like them to stay separate. I also clean and then soak my clearos and wicks in cheap vodka overnight before changing flavors.

I did age the small bottles from my first order and noticed the slight alcohol smell. What was lovely was that they did not smell or taste like I was vaping men's cologne. I know this because I was too impatient to try them and loaded up a mini-tank right out of the box.
    Bronze, Chakris and retic1959 like this.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Let me see... (I have to get my list out of what's what & where.)

By the way, these are already in rotation, but they are still ageing, right?

From HHV:

Cin City 125ml
    Dark Horse 120ml
    Shadow 110ml
    Huntsman 20ml
    Sludge 80ml
    Tuscan Cocoa 110ml

Dragon's Fire 170ml
    Heavenly Army 120ml
    Heavenly Army Menthol 80ml
    Huntsman Menthol 50ml
    White Lie 60ml
    Crackberry 60ml

Inventory as of 26 March, 2014
    These were all ordered twice - As I wanted to stock up for ageing, I doubled up on each flavor (2 50ml ea) for the NETs and (1 50ml for non-NETs and NET menthol).

The first set at low nic 6mg and most at 40/60 or 50/50 PG/VG. Ordered between March & April 2013.
    The second order was at a higher than my normal PG/VG and nic levels, 18mg nic & 70/30 or 80/20 PG/VG. Blending the juice would bring levels to my preferred specs. Second set ordered between August and Sept. 2013.

Note: At the end of September, 2013 I had over 2 litters of juice, all venders included! The list shows the approximate total of what is left.

From N.E.T.com (70/30 @ 12mg):

Blackberry Burley (heat extract) 40ml Dated: Oct. 14, 2013
    Balkan (heat extract) 20ml Jan. 10, 2014

A Blend:
    50/50 blend of Balkan and Crackberry (Cbry is 80/20 @ 18mg) about 20ml left in stock

That's a very nice blend, btw.
    Last edited by Chakris; 05-02-2014 at 03:57 AM.
    retic1959 and LAwaters like this.

Heather's Heavenly Vapes - Come on in and set a spell

PV Master* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by retic1959 View Post
    Only if everyone starts vaping Pirate's Booty!!
    Pappy, Chakris and retic1959 like this.
    Don't Trust ATOMS They Make Up Everything

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast