Did HHV change their production methods with pre-steeped juice?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Did HHV change their production methods with pre-steeped juice?

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Did HHV change their production methods with pre-steeped juice?

I have been ordering from HHV for quite some time now. Mainly Legend (Gandalf), Tuscan CoCo, Blueberry Muffin.

I have noticed as of the last 4 months or so that my juice has been coming what seems like pre-steeped.
    Meaning it already has that caramel brownish color, when it used to come almost clear.

At first I thought it was because I was ordering 70/30 mix. Which is what they sell their samples at. So I could understand this as they possibly were filling it from their sample units.

So I started thinking if they were not making them to order anymore and have a supply with different mixes already made or just doctoring them to fill the need of the order from like a base.

Not complaining just curious.
    Last edited by Zildjian; 06-14-2014 at 09:26 PM.
    DavidOH likes this.

Why not ask them? They might want to brag a little esp. if you like their product.
    DavidOH likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran nicetucu's Avatar

I haven't ordered from them in a long while, but it kinda makes sense to me. My orders would take sometimes a week to ship and this was a year ago. Very popular vendor, so to save time I guess you would have to premix or hire many more people to mix.

I used to like Legend out of the bottle more than steeped though lol. So in my case it may not be ideal. I like it when a vendor throws in a freebie now and then like a sample or something to reward you for your loyalty. HHV never did that, ever.... They really don't need to, but some of the other big vendors do from time to time. Off topic sorry, morning rant I guess..... Need to jump in the shower and start my day.
    DavidOH likes this.

PV Master ECF Veteran retic1959's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nicetucu View Post
    I haven't ordered from them in a long while, but it kinda makes sense to me. My orders would take sometimes a week to ship and this was a year ago. Very popular vendor, so to save time I guess you would have to premix or hire many more people to mix.

I used to like Legend out of the bottle more than steeped though lol. So in my case it may not be ideal. I like it when a vendor throws in a freebie now and then like a sample or something to reward you for your loyalty. HHV never did that, ever.... They really don't need to, but some of the other big vendors do from time to time. Off topic sorry, morning rant I guess..... Need to jump in the shower and start my day.
    They've opened 2 B&M's and they've hired a lot of people , it's probably a different batch of extract that's causing the difference in color , tobacco itself varies from crop to crop , if you don't use additives extracts are gonna vary from batch to batch .
    DavidOH likes this.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

ECF Veteran

I can see that, but this is not just with Legend. It is also with Tuscan Coco, and I just got some Blueberry Muffin with my last order as well. and it was very dark.
    DavidOH likes this.

PV Master ECF Veteran retic1959's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zildjian View Post
    I can see that, but this is not just with Legend. It is also with Tuscan Coco, and I just got some Blueberry Muffin with my last order as well. and it was very dark.
    Hmmmm in that case I'd ask on their thread , my TC was ordered zero nic so no tanning from nicotine at all .
    DavidOH likes this.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

ECF Veteran

Hmm, I thought I was in their thread. This is why I posted it here. Time to back track and see where I am
    DavidOH likes this.

Bk just put the question in the other thread. Might be Monday before they answer but they will answer.
    retic1959 likes this.
    British comedian Dave Allen--Thank you...Goodnight and May Your God Go With You.

My Mother--There are no problems in life, just little hiccups.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran 1atom12's Avatar

To put this thread to rest, we have not changed our mixing methods. We simply have enough staff now to handle the volume of orders. Nicotine batches can vary in color. This can sometimes make drastic differences in color in a fresh mixed bottle.

Adam
    Heather's Heavenly Vapes - Top Quality E-Liquids

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 1atom12 View Post
    To put this thread to rest, we have not changed our mixing methods. We simply have enough staff now to handle the volume of orders. Nicotine batches can vary in color. This can sometimes make drastic differences in color in a fresh mixed bottle.

Adam
    Good enough. I am sending you a PM about something else. Please read.
    DavidOH likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast