Microcoil Pictorial - Simple - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Like Tree289Likes

Thread: Microcoil Pictorial - Simple

PV Master ECF Veteran retic1959's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jaxgator View Post
    Wow! Ok, well that certainly isn't it then. Thanks for doing the math.

I think you are right on the connection issue. I remember I was getting a short on one and couldn't figure out where so I ended up backing out the battery contact screw a little and the short went away. Fiddling around some more with that screw and I see that it was changing the ohms. I take it that that screw needs to be tightened all the way into the RBA?
    Tight but not so tight that it shears the wires , you might also have some debris in that rba causing you some problems , check for clipped wire and metal shavings in the screw holes and center post .
    DavidOH and jaxgator like this.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

This place is awesome! So much useful information from the Army! I have another question...would the screw material (ss, brass, etc) make a difference in resistance?
    DavidOH and retic1959 like this.
    Rammer Jammer, Yellowhammer, give 'em hell, Alabama!

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by *RJ* View Post
    This place is awesome! So much useful information from the Army! I have another question...would the screw material (ss, brass, etc) make a difference in resistance?
    No. The resistance resides solely in the wire between the screws..
    DavidOH and retic1959 like this.
    "The fate of unborn millions will now depend, under God, on the courage and conduct of this army...we have therefore to resolve to conquer or die." General Washington July 2, 1776

I like this! great info!

sent from my damned S4!
    Bronze and DavidOH like this.

PV Master* Verified Member Bunnykiller's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by *RJ* View Post
    yes but its not that much of a difference maybe .08 - .1 ohms, besides, the battery "sees" that and reacts to it and it falls into the equation for watts and amps and battery limitations...
    DavidOH likes this.
    Don't Trust ATOMS They Make Up Everything

Bronze is the king or should I say the general/president Washington of kayfuns. That dude is all over the kayfun thread schooling us all in the kayfun world. Lol. I never did get mine to go through a whole tank without a dry hit I may wait til my next day off (a week smh) pull it out. Re coil and use this new guide lol. I shoulda started wicking kayfuns before drippers. I think that's where I messed up In life cuz it seems you don't always have to wick a dripper perfect aha. Thx bronze
    DavidOH likes this.
    I vape. Therefore I am

Ultra Member Verified Member jaxgator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by retic1959 View Post
    Tight but not so tight that it shears the wires , you might also have some debris in that rba causing you some problems , check for clipped wire and metal shavings in the screw holes and center post .
    Yeah, I am tightening it down with my fingernail and that seems to work best for me.

I have since rebuilt both RBA's at 1.4Ω and everything is working just beautifully.

I am enjoying this so much that I just ordered a Plume Veil RDA and a Vape Smith Goblet drip tip.
    retic1959 likes this.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910