Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 2) - Page 11
Page 11 of 1100 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521611115111011 ... LastLast

Thread: Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 2)

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Didn't know they made Orange Creamsicle. I'm really oblivious to non-toabccos.
    Quote Originally Posted by KurrptSenate View Post
    My replacement orange creamsicle is set to arrive today. Stand-up customer service I must say. Kudos to the proprietors
    "The fate of unborn millions will now depend, under God, on the courage and conduct of this army...we have therefore to resolve to conquer or die." General Washington July 2, 1776

ECF Moderator
    CASAA Liaison Moderator
    Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bronze View Post
    Didn't know they made Orange Creamsicle. I'm really oblivious to non-toabccos.
    I didn't know either

Whodathunk I would ever be that way?
    Smoke Free Since October 5, 2012 ~The Robinator~
    Join CASAA and be a part of standing up for your right to vape.

Travelin' Man Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robino1 View Post
    I have to give it a try. Can't be any worse than Gollum...erm ... Sludge.
    Wanna bet?

PV Master ECF Veteran retic1959's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EddardinWinter View Post
    Here is my quote of the week, General. All due respect to Mr. Washington, who was the greatest military leader in our history, Mr. Jackson was the greatest field commander to ever walk the earth of any army. His tactics used in the Valley Campaign are still used today to train officers. I truly believe he had to die to preserve the Union. Had Jackson been at Gettysburg, Meade would have been routed on Day 2.
    I totally agree with you about Jackson , had he been at Gettysburg the outcome would have been totally different . I am gonna go out on a limb here and say that I suspect Lee of throwing the fight , Pickett's charge was obvious suicide and not in keeping with the tactics previously used , something was rotten in Denmark or Pennsylvania in this case .
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

ECF Moderator
    Original Guru
    Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I think I can do a bit larger than a sample size. It won't hurt.......much.
    Well, if you're thinking like me, remember that my sample size is 50ml.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bronze View Post
    Your doghouse must seem like the Waldorf Astoria.
    You got that right!

Heather's Heavenly Vapes - Come on in and set a spell

Pride Male Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by retic1959 View Post
    I totally agree with you about Jackson , had he been at Gettysburg the outcome would have been totally different . I am gonna go out on a limb here and say that I suspect Lee of throwing the fight , Pickett's charge was obvious suicide and not in keeping with the tactics previously used , something was rotten in Denmark or Pennsylvania in this case .
    I think Lee had come to believe his Army was invincible. Remember, he had just crushed McClellan, Pope, Burnside, and Hooker in detail. They all had military resumes that were much better than Meades. Lee became convinced that the Army of the Potomac was about to break, and one well coordinated push would win the field. Longstreet begged him not to do it. To Longstreet, it was simple mathematics...the distance was too great over open fields for the charge to work.

I don't think Lee did it on purpose, he just failed to realize what the loss of Jackson had done to the Army of Northern Virginia. He had that dawdling, eccentric fool Ewell running the Second Corps. No man could have filled Jackson's shoes, but Ewell was perhaps the worst choice possible. Lee, by the third day of battle, knew Ewell could not be the point of attack. Instead, Lee had his defensive genius engineer an attack, since Longstreet was the best man Lee still had at his disposal. Technically, given Longstreet's options, the charge may have been the best he could do. Longstreet wanted to maneuver and work a flanking movement to his right, but was ordered into the doomed direct assault.

A fascinating set of circumstances let the battle to its conclusion, starting with JEB Stuart going AWOL for days, which is the only reason the armies stumbled upon each other in the town to begin with.
    Last edited by EddardinWinter; 01-27-2014 at 05:17 PM.

There are no men like me. There’s only me.
    ---Jaime Lannister

Pride Male Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I guess I will have to order some in about 2 months when I place my next order.

Hmmmm can't say that I have. I don't feel like I'm a protector of anything anymore. I just go with the flow.....

I'm a good girl

Waiting for the pat on the head....

Um Edd.....that's not my head.

Oops, sorry, my hand slipped.

There are no men like me. There’s only me.
    ---Jaime Lannister

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bimini Twist View Post
    Chakris posted 2 days ago in a mega thread, not so far away:

Wow, thanks for that link! I was aware she still lives in the area, but never knew about such a recent interview. IIRC, she mentioned some of her reasons for getting into TM before the course started, but not in such detail. Great interview.

And it seems we may have graduated HS the same year - Spirit of '76!

So, watching the entire interview, no time for a proper thread catch-up. Skimmed ahead to post 64K and jumped in on Part II to subscribe. Running late already and must head into Destin to start making Cobia jigs before the Cobia arrive this spring.

ETA: Before signing up for the course, I read a book about it as well. Turns out it was essentially the same technique just without the religious references. The course did try to explain what was happening and why it was called "Transcendental". I will say that I've never fallen asleep during TM, though.
    I was pretty surprised by it myself, Bimini. She rather reminds me of an older cousin of mine who was not too much younger than Prudence.

Like I said, I'm doing it all wrong and one wouldn't really call it T.M. It's simply controlled breathing, relaxing and turning off all the little voices in your head so you can go to sleep.

Right on! Spirit of '76 Bi-centenial grads!!!
    Last edited by Chakris; 01-27-2014 at 05:17 PM.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Night Army, S.I.L. is leaving in the morning, probably before I go to work. Guess who has to carry the bags downstairs.