Would someone be able to give me some pointers on my new Hog please?

Thread: Would someone be able to give me some pointers on my new Hog please?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Default Would someone be able to give me some pointers on my new Hog please?

I just received vv #77 in the mail and it's pretty stinking gorgeous. Since I've never owned one before I'm pretty clueless on how to use it.

Ist question: How do you fill it? Never mind, I figured out how to pop the top off the bottle.

2nd question: Or maybe really the only question since I figured out #1, How do you adjust the voltage?

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Gonna need a little more of a description than just "vv #77".

EDIT ok now that I see you titled your post to include the requested info, unfortunately I cannot help you. However I'm sure someone will be along shortly who can. My bad.
    Last edited by kwalka; 05-29-2012 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Im stupid
    Are you about to buy your 1st APV/MOD? Higher Education Required!!

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran pwyll's Avatar

There should be a little round plastic piece on the vv electronic with a cross-shaped indention. I've never had a vv Hog, so I don't know the particulars of the chip Mike uses, but the dial/screw/knobs on them are usually blue or white. Use a "precision" phillips screwdriver to turn the dial--counterclockwise will lower the voltage and clockwise will raise it.

If there's a voltage display you will be able to tell where you'reat/going with it, otherwise you'll either need to get a display that screws into the atty connector or do it "by feel"...
    A hug is like a strangle you haven't finished yet.
    --Copernicus

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Still lost here. The only place I see to put a small screwdriver is at the top of the mod. And that looks like it's holding a wire onto the firing button.

When you take the door off and look at the inside, where the battery and the bottle go, there should be a little Printed Circuit Board with some electronics on it. One of the things soldered on that PCB will be the adjuster. Since I can't see the mod, I can't do better than vague descriptions

I did just look at a vv mod I've made, and the board I used has a very tiny brass screw that's used to adjust it, so you'll really just have to look for anything that you could use a miniature screwdriver on somewhere in the electronics.

Or take a picture of the board and post it
    --Copernicus

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Not the best photos, but should give you an idea of the inside.

The electronics are on the bottom. The blue box looks to me to be the most likely candidate for being the potentiometer, so look for a small hole through the wood in the bottom or the side of the mod that would lead to that blue box. Also, that kind of adjuster will be small enough that it will take a slotted/flathead screwdriver rather than a cross/phillips.

Good luck
    --Copernicus

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by pwyll View Post
    The electronics are on the bottom. The blue box looks to me to be the most likely candidate for being the potentiometer, so look for a small hole through the wood in the bottom or the side of the mod that would lead to that blue box. Also, that kind of adjuster will be small enough that it will take a slotted/flathead screwdriver rather than a cross/phillips.

Good luck
    That's it!! There is a small hole in the box on that side. Checking it with a voltmeter and a few turns either way changes the voltage. Thank you so much!

Anytime

Glad you found it--time to have fun!

--Copernicus