hoosier vape meets - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: hoosier vape meets

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

We should still try to do something for world vaping day. Perhaps we could get some more promotion via that and via CASAA who will promote meetups too.

It's in all Hoosier vapers best interests to get organized and communicate, so when the state ban does perhaps change to include vaping, we are ready.

I know there are way more Hoosier vapers than are in this group so we need to reach out.

Plus it would just be good times!

Blog Entries

Isn't vaping day Thursday March 22nd?

ECF Veteran

Yes, 3/22. Very soon I know.

Blog Entries

What do you have in mind Capt?

ECF Veteran

What I'm thinking is that we might be making this more complicated than it needs to be. We don't need a bunch of vendors organized to come and sell stuff. In fact I think when you add the "vendor factor" it makes it much more difficult to find a location.

We just need vapers to show up to a public place that allows smoking (as much as we don't like analogs and the smell). We wont need to get permission and have a dedicated space etc. Just people with common interests in a common location, talking and sharing ideas.

So I propose we just pick a bar and go. Who knows, maybe some smokers will see us and take an interest ; )

Aside from that, we also need a way to reach out to all the hoosier vapers that aren't in this group. As much as I love Mike and the vapor shop, he/it doesn't seem to be in the business of organizing (consumer) events. One idea I had for this is to actually start a "Hooser Vapers Club" of some sort and bring up a website for it. Then that gives us something specific to promote and point people to. From there we can all use facebook, email, word of mouth etc. and try to build a "tribe" (see Amazon.com: Tribes: We Need You to Lead Us (9781591842330): Seth Godin: Books for what I mean by tribe). Being a long-time IT guy, I'm willing to spring for the domain, hosting (I already have it) and the coding work.

Grandiose idea? Perhaps. But with the current state of affairs in vaping, apathy is our worst enemy.

If I'm off-base here, or just a total nut-job, let me know. I'm open to any suggestions.

-C
    sharpi likes this.

ECF Guru* ECF Veteran thehangdude's Avatar

While you may be a total nut-job, I think you are not off-base. I could see driving up to Indy every month for a meet. I will await further input from you "big city folks."
    I have kleptomania, but when it gets bad I take something for it.

Blog Entries

Capt, I like the cut of your jib. That sounds like a great idea to me.

The only places I know of that allow smoking are in Kokomo and one in Walton. (Foxes Den in Walton has a great smelt basket and prime rib, but I degress.)

I have been trying to, not very good at remembering or getting responses, of sending an ECF friend request to those I see that have Indiana in their location field, so that is another method of getting the word out...PM's for those that don't check in often.

Count me in and let me know how I can help. I don't really care if your a nut-job or completely unlike myself.

ETA: First meeting proposal, brainstorm club name... (Gives folks a reason to talks to strangers other than asking about PV setups.)

ECF Veteran

You can still smoke in many Marion county bars, so I'm sure that we can find one.

Yes Hoosier, reaching out to those on ECF with Indiana as their location is a good method too.

Some ideas/topics for a first meeting I have for a Hoosier Vapers Club would be:

Name - and consider it's .com availability
    Mission - What are we actually doing here and why should others join us? (off the top of my head... To communicate and organize with other local vapers, to rally on legal issues, to reach out to smokers and just let them know that such things as ecigs exist (this could be contraversial, but personally I am so thankful that my neighbor gave me that first toot from his eGo), and so on....
    Member organization (like do we have leaders, organizers, etc. which may be too formal, but...)
    Meeting times - with the longer drives that some folks would have, perhaps weekends are best?

How about I just feel this out....

Which side of Indy is best? North? South? East? West? Long term we could even rotate around so folks who live further away don't get hosed each time.

-C
    sharpi likes this.

Blog Entries

I work in Muncie and live near Kokomo, so the north and east sides are easiest for me. (But there's that whole Hamilton county there...)

Coming from home, like a weekend, I have no issues going anywhere, but construction and idiots always seem to make getting to the south side a bit more of a pain than it has to be.

Full Member Verified Member

Bu Da Lounge - The First Asian-Inspired Cigar-Martini Bar Downtown Indy
    Looks like their location changed? It used to be located next to the chatterbox Jaz Club.
    I think I would rather smell cigar smoke =)

Anyway.. very good food and a great ginger martini =)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast