Do you fiddle with your thingy? - Page 11
Page 11 of 212 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
Like Tree1852Likes

Thread: Do you fiddle with your thingy?

OCD

Hi d9, have to contact the Offspring through the contact us form on the site. She will take care of you.

Thanks for the compliment and congrats on the Year, we still have 2 months to go but I am already scheming for my presents

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Right on, I'll definitely do that.

Thank you, and the two months will fly by. I've been on a shopping spree for the last two weeks and wound up with everything I could want... well almost.

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Very nice box mods u got there..

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OCD View Post

Nice mods OCD! My next project is a wood box mod. Nice wood work, inside and out. It appears that you used a single block of wood to construct them. That is how I think I will approach my project. Was it difficult to mill them out?

The artwork on the lids is impressive.

OCD

Thanks guys, I do like the boxes.

The milling was not difficult as it was done cnc but there was a lot of time in the setup for them, especially the Divine box because I modeled it right down to every last bit of wire to get as short wiring runs as possible and make sure every part fit in its place before it actually went to the mill.

I also adapted mamu's wiring a little where multiple wires ran to a pigtail to a single wire I used a single wire to pick up each contact along the way by piercing the wire with the pins on the chip or switch and soldering in.

My next one will be a 26650 and built in 6ml tank utilizing a Nivel chip if they ever get them back into production along with a mini of the same design likely using an 18500 and 19mm tank. I like the built in tank design for being packet friendly but the Divine with the 2 18650s is just too long.

This is Bat Country Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Just got my IBTanked glass in for the Chobra guess they were still sitting in the mailbox from yesterday - great fit - got all 3 on

Thanks for making the glass for these so we in the Chobra coop could benefit from your skills

Fast shipping and great fitment - will be deff coming back for other items

Last edited by Bad_Habit; 11-11-2012 at 07:34 PM.
    b0redagain, vsummer1 and tnt56 like this.
    IHybrid HellRaiser/IHybrid Mayan/Brass Nemesis #19/Matte Nemesis #/VR Nemesis # /VR Nemesis # /Empire Mod/Hand Polished Provari's Red V2, Blue V1/PurpleHeart-Lacewood Dual 18650/SS Cube/Prodigy V3.1

OCD

Nice shot Bad Habit, Did you use our orings with those? I have another size a little larger I am going to check to see if they give a little more snug fit but as long as there are no leaks everyone is happy.

PS, the Offspring got a good kick out of the card in there, nice touch.

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

thanks for the tip, i added an oring at the bottom, didnt even have to empty the juice i just slid the tank a lil.. way better fit.. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Habit View Post
    Just got my IBTanked glass in for the Chobra guess they were still sitting in the mailbox from yesterday - great fit - got all 3 on

Thanks for making the glass for these so we in the Chobra coop could benefit from your skills

Fast shipping and great fitment - will be deff coming back for other items

Boom... Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I should have my Chobra glass soon (hopefully tomorrow) so I'll let you know about the o rings as well.

OCD

Thanked Bored, always appreciate feedback... good or bad though we do hope more for the good

Quote Originally Posted by icucme2 View Post
    thanks for the tip, i added an oring at the bottom, didnt even have to empty the juice i just slid the tank a lil.. way better fit.. thanks
    The other size I have is 1mm larger diameter so just adds a little more rubber to fill the groove. The ones the girls have been sending out are 10.1 x 1.6 and the new ones are 11.1 x 1.6 so whichever looks best is the one we will include and also recommend on the site for replacements.

We will be putting up a ton of orings on the site soon for folks who are mix and matching things and of course as replacements for our own stuff. I will try and check it out tomorrow but I have a pretty full day. I did check the ones being sent out now and it was a good fit but I thought it might benefit from being a little more snug just to be able to accommodate the variances in the ID of the glass. The glass we use is quality stuff, mostly from Simax and from what I have seen so far runs very close to spec but it never hurts to have a little insurance in the orings so long as they dont fit too tight.
    b0redagain likes this.