Do you fiddle with your thingy? - Page 202
Page 202 of 212 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 2118
Like Tree1853Likes

Thread: Do you fiddle with your thingy?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

So I just got my 19mm XL tank... also just got Boge xl cartos. When I put the carto in the tank, there's a bit of overhang. I know I ordered the XL not anything bigger... is this normal?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by brookj1986 View Post
    So I just got my 19mm XL tank... also just got Boge xl cartos. When I put the carto in the tank, there's a bit of overhang. I know I ordered the XL not anything bigger... is this normal?

That is normal. That is why the design of the IBTipsy drip tip is so brilliant. It hides the gap completely. Enjoy the day!
    gerrymi and Peter_C like this.
    I'd rather be happy than right any day! Live the dream!

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roccov View Post
    That is normal. That is why the design of the IBTipsy drip tip is so brilliant. It hides the gap completely. Enjoy the day!
    It's actually the carto that sticks out a bit extra. One of the sides, either the 510 connection side or drip tip side has that overhang.

Super Member Verified Member Cranky99's Avatar

It's actually the carto that sticks out a bit extra. One of the sides, either the 510 connection side or drip tip side has that overhang.

Yep. With the ibtipsy, you position it so that the overhang is at the drip tip connection and the tip covers that excess length and sits flush.
    gerrymi and Peter_C like this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky99 View Post
    Yep. With the ibtipsy, you position it so that the overhang is at the drip tip connection and the tip covers that excess length and sits flush.
    Ahh... That does it! I was trying with a different drip tip... Still ordered it from Ibtanked, but it wasn't IBTipsy. Luckily, I still have 2 IBTipsy and since I have a couple standard tanks, it doesn't have the overhang.

Thanks for the help!

gerrymi and Cranky99 like this.

Blabbertypist Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I am definitely going to order one of these tanks from IBTanked, probably next month when we get our fed refund, but I was disappointed to see that the old-gold Rook tipsys are out of stock. Any idea when they might be back? (crossing fingers!)

Thx much!!
    Andria

ECF Veteran

Ms Andria, That is my favorite IBTipsy, looks great on any brass mod. Sadly while out cavorting with about two dozen close friends last night I dropped my mod on the dance floor and broke my first and favorite 22 mm xl tank. The tip and caps survived to await it's replacement. We drank the bar dry of Grey Goose which should have been my sign to leave it on the table but reason was nowhere to be found by then. It will fondly be remembered for all the good times because the first is always special. Here's a pic when I first used it before the IBTipsy was invented. Enjoy the day!

IMG_20130728_150839_565.jpg
    Ed_C likes this.

Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Ms Andria, That is my favorite IBTipsy, looks great on any brass mod. Sadly while out cavorting with about two dozen close friends last night I dropped my mod on the dance floor and broke my first and favorite 22 mm xl tank. The tip and caps survived to await it's replacement. We drank the bar dry of Grey Goose which should have been my sign to leave it on the table but reason was nowhere to be found by then. It will fondly be remembered for all the good times because the first is always special. Here's a pic when I first used it before the IBTipsy was invented. Enjoy the day!

IMG_20130728_150839_565.jpg

Yum, that's the black/gold light swirl, right? I love that one! If I was getting a black mod, that's definitely the one I'd get, and probably the black rook tipsy. But I like all the stuff I've read bout the Sig Zmax v3, including the price, and it's stainless, so I think I'm going to get a silver/gold light swirl, and use the gold rook tipsy. Guess it's ok that I have to wait till May to buy it, since they're out of those, but I do hope they get 'em back before I'm ready to place my order. At first, I'm planning on getting a big one, 25mm XL, because the main reason I wanted a telescoping mod was so I could use the 18650s for all-day jaunts to my folks' house, so a big tank for that use, too. Later I'll probably get a 22mm halfling, for home use. I'm just tired to death of BCCs and their pesky little coils, and cartos are great, so I really need a big ol carto tank.

Andria
    Roccov likes this.

ECF Veteran

Yes it is Ms Andria. I hear ya on the big tank. I'm a high watt, low ohm, high nic, tank crackin juice chain vapor. OCD sir once showed a prototype of a 30mm tank that would look great on my 26650 mod. I know it's on the possible future plans if the market would support it.

I saw a silver and a gold light swirl 25 mm xl at Vapefest. These are gorgeous in person. The site pictures really do not show how stunning they are. Works of art and well crafted. I'm definitely getting the silver light swirl. Enjoy the day!
    gerrymi likes this.

Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Yes it is Ms Andria. I hear ya on the big tank. I'm a high watt, low ohm, high nic, tank crackin juice chain vapor. OCD sir once showed a prototype of a 30mm tank that would look great on my 26650 mod. I know it's on the possible future plans if the market would support it.

I saw a silver and a gold light swirl 25 mm xl at Vapefest. These are gorgeous in person. The site pictures really do not show how stunning they are. Works of art and well crafted. I'm definitely getting the silver light swirl. Enjoy the day!
    ROFL... imagine a 30mm silver/gold on my stainless vv3, with one of the flared cones at the bottom... it would look like a royal scepter.

I wish I could find more pics of the 25mm XLs, most folks seem to go for the 19/22 mm's. I'd truly love to see a pic of a silver/gold light swirl! I can envision it, but a pic would be excellent. I went thru the whole "show em off" thread but not many of the 25mm's.

Sounds like we have similar prefs for vaping... I always run mine pretty hot, so I run thru these blasted coils much too fast. May can't come soon enough to suit me!

Andria