When to change carto? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: When to change carto?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by OCD View Post
    Just put the new one in from the top and push it through while flipping it over. Top becomes the bottom, prime and you are back in business.

ETA*** Always make sure you back up the cap that is going to try and push out when sliding a cartomizer through the tank for a swap or when filling rather than holding the tube
    That makes perfect sense! Thanks OCD!

I'm still trying to determine if I want to try a carto tank or not and that was one of the things I was perplexed about. Many thanks for the reply.

The main thing that's holding me back is that if I try a carto tank and like it better than my clearos then I will need to buy 7 more because I have 8 liquids in my rotation. Mixing flavors does not really appeal to me. I could acquire tanks gradually but I'm one of those guys that once I find something I like I gotta have it now. I'm afraid that I might like carto tanks so much that my clearos might become inferior.

I'm happy to be faced with this decision though. It helps keep me on my toes.

Vapor Fanatic Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by SnowDog View Post
    What do you folks do when you discover that a carto needs replaced and you still have a nearly full tank? How do you salvage the liquid?
    My e-liquid bottles have a neck that is roughly the same size as a carto. I pull the drip tip off, turn the tank upside down on the top of the bottle, and pull the carto out slowly. The liquid in the tank drains right back into the bottle.
    SnowDog likes this.

What do you folks do when you discover that a carto needs replaced and you still have a nearly full tank? How do you salvage the liquid?
    I do something similar to the above comment. I just pull off the drip tip and pour the juice into a bottle. I call it the "used juice" bottle as it may have contaminents (small pieces of o-ring, etc). I then install the fresh carto and let the pidgeons loose!

P.S. SnowDog, are you an Alex Lifeson fan, by chance?
    SnowDog likes this.
    Saber Touch VariVolt with gooseneck, Phiniac, and Bull Box Mod tip

OCD

My guess is a Anheuser-Busch fan
    SnowDog likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by AceCC View Post
    I do something similar to the above comment. I just pull off the drip tip and pour the juice into a bottle. I call it the "used juice" bottle as it may have contaminents (small pieces of o-ring, etc). I then install the fresh carto and let the pidgeons loose!

P.S. SnowDog, are you an Alex Lifeson fan, by chance?
    Quote Originally Posted by OCD View Post
    My guess is a Anheuser-Busch fan
    LOL. I'm both actually. I've seen RUSH in concert 18 times since 1976 and I do like my Budweiser. The two go very well together by the way.

Good call on my username AceCC. I was wondering if anybody had caught that. You're the only member who has ever commented on it.
    AceCC likes this.

LOL. I'm both actually. I've seen RUSH in concert 18 times since 1976 and I do like my Budweiser. The two go very well together by the way.

Good call on my username AceCC. I was wondering if anybody had caught that. You're the only member who has ever commented on it.
    Holy cow, 18 times! And I thought I was a fan... It was Geddy Lee's bass playing that inspired me to become a bass player. I even have a Rickenbacker bass. I may change my screen name to By-Tor just to see if anyone gets it.
    BuGlen and SnowDog like this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by AceCC View Post
    Holy cow, 18 times! And I thought I was a fan... It was Geddy Lee's bass playing that inspired me to become a bass player. I even have a Rickenbacker bass. I may change my screen name to By-Tor just to see if anyone gets it.
    Yeah, it's been kind of a long road. I was 15 years old in 1976 when I first saw them in concert and at that time I didn't even know who Rush was. I just wanted to go to a concert and they were in town. I've missed plenty of their shows over the years but I go whenever I can.

A Farewell To Kings was the first Rush album I bought (8 track tape) and they have been a huge inspiration throughout my entire adult life. I'm guessing that you know exactly what I mean. I'm not a musician but I would love to own a Rickenbacker just for the sake of having one. I used to have an Epiphone SG and even though I never learned to play it I wish I still had it.

Back on Topic: I've decided that when it comes time to replace my cartomizer I'm going to try vaping the tank down as low as I can and then changing it. Or maybe I will try to pour the juice back into a bottle. I'm not quite ready to try the "hot swap" method of changing out a carto just yet.

My IBTank is kickin' butt and I'm lovin' every minute of it!
    AceCC likes this.

Yeah, it's been kind of a long road. I was 15 years old in 1976 when I first saw them in concert and at that time I didn't even know who Rush was. I just wanted to go to a concert and they were in town. I've missed plenty of their shows over the years but I go whenever I can.

A Farewell To Kings was the first Rush album I bought (8 track tape) and they have been a huge inspiration throughout my entire adult life. I'm guessing that you know exactly what I mean. I'm not a musician but I would love to own a Rickenbacker just for the sake of having one. I used to have an Epiphone SG and even though I never learned to play it I wish I still had it.

Back on Topic: I've decided that when it comes time to replace my cartomizer I'm going to try vaping the tank down as low as I can and then changing it. Or maybe I will try to pour the juice back into a bottle. I'm not quite ready to try the "hot swap" method of changing out a carto just yet.

My IBTank is kickin' butt and I'm lovin' every minute of it!
    Yes, I know exactly what you mean. Rush is still my favorite and most inspirational group (up to the Signals album, that is). My friends in the all-original band I am in often say I play like Geddy and I take that as a great compliment. Even after almost 30 years of practice, I know that I am still just a learner, though.

It is a good idea to keep your tank at least 1/3 full to make sure the pressure inside feeds the cart properly. Once you get the hang of pouring out the existing juice, it is really quick and easy. Plus there is very little waste.

PV Master ECF Veteran DetraMental's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Great thread! IBTanked, carto's, Rush, bass, concerts, beer, ect.....can't go wrong here.
    AceCC likes this.

Have a sense of humor, keep a sense of humor, don't lose your sense of humor....

Yahoo!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast