Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Need help understanding the differences between fusion & platinum, LR and SR and how they vape

Super Member Verified Member Sigmus9's Avatar

Default Need help understanding the differences between fusion & platinum, LR and SR and how they vape

I've been very happy with my cartotank setup from ibtanked using the standard size ikenvape fusion LR 2 hole punch cartos. I have a XL size tank incoming and of course will need to get some mega size cartos but cannot decide whether to get the fusion or platinum or slotted and what resistance to get them in. Oh and I cant tell the difference in resistance in the SR and LR mega platinums cause they have the same 3.0ohm resistance listed in their descriptions on the site.

I use 50/50 juices with 12mg nic. I have a iTaste vv/vw v.3 and a Smoktech Sid that I generally set at 8.5W. And I chain vape, I vape a lot usually going through about 3ml's a day.

I want to understand what the vaping characteristics are between these options. What I am looking to achieve is the best vapor and TH experience whilst avoiding leaking and burnt taste. gurgling doest matter to me so long as it isn't hurting the performance. Taste is of course important too which is why I went with a cartotank system but out of my cartotank system I want the best vapor production and TH I can get without the burnt taste or dry hits 1st and foremost.

Help? and Thank you
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

ECF Guru (Fusionman) Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

The best advice I can give you is to pick up a couple of both because vaping is so subjective that what I like you might hate. I can tell you what I like best but that wouldn't help you at all. I can wish you luck in your search though.
    Iken likes this.

To handle yourself, use your head; To handle others, use your heart.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran Iken's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Here's a fantastic excerpt I have been using to describe the differences efficiently in emails.

I’ll explain the difference between Platinum and Fusion without going into too much detail but will cover everything.
    Remember, you can also use an 801 Fusion with a Fusion adapter. The flange does help. Also the 510 variation has this feature as well.
    Big difference but good performance. The batting densities are tighter on the Fusion line and looser on the Platinum as is the draw. One of the main differences, is that they actually use two different types of coils. The Platinum focuses more on flavor as the Fusion is more on feel. Though with the airflow modifications, it allows us to tune the draw which plays heavily on both flavor and feel. The platinum has the more loose draw like a boge with a slightly cooler feel as the Fusion line is tuned for a tighter draw that enhances feel as the coil keeps the flavor in check.

The S series has been made for users who use thicker liquids though they do work just fine for lighter bases. I find the V2 Punch 3mm works the best personally speaking as I use higher PG ratios. I think based on your selection you should be totally fine. It’s always best to purchase in small amounts so you can get a feel for the device rather than going full in.
    Sigmus9 likes this.

If you are looking for a home on ECF or in this vaping world, you have the greatest family right here!.

Super Member Verified Member Sigmus9's Avatar

Thank you for the response. This information contradicts what I was believed initially. I thought the platinum line was denser with a tighter draw than the fusion line.
    Baditude likes this.
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

That's the nice thing about the two. Some people like Platinums better and some Fusions. He gives you the best of both worlds.
    Iken likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 5cardstud View Post
    That's the nice thing about the two. Some people like Platinums better and some Fusions. He gives you the best of both worlds.
    Thanks! Did I tell you about the Diamond line? It's supposed to be the perfect balance between the two but the factory doesn't want to give us leeway with sizes, dimensions and punched variations
    5cardstud likes this.

If you are looking for a home on ECF or in this vaping world, you have the greatest family right here!.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

You need a big ole burly guy to take care of straightening those folk out. I remember the Diamond Line though. If I ever win the lottery I will build an Ikenvape Cartomizer Plant. But don't hold your breath because my luck isn't that good in that dept.
    Iken and New2vaps like this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

If I ever win the lottery I will build an Ikenvape Cartomizer Plant.
    That is exactly what we need. An Ikenvape Plant. I will continue to support you Isaac and buy what ever I can from you. Hopefully one day this will happen. Would love to see American made Cartomizers with great quality.
    Iken, 5cardstud and Baditude like this.

Blog Entries

You need a big ole burly guy to take care of straightening those folk out. I remember the Diamond Line though. If I ever win the lottery I will build an Ikenvape Cartomizer Plant. But don't hold your breath because my luck isn't that good in that dept.
    Quote Originally Posted by New2vaps View Post
    That is exactly what we need. An Ikenvape Plant. I will continue to support you Isaac and buy what ever I can from you. Hopefully one day this will happen. Would love to see American made Cartomizers with great quality.
    Thank you so much guys! Believe me, we're on to something here.

PV Master Verified Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by New2vaps View Post
    That is exactly what we need. An Ikenvape Plant.
    So you're saying cartos *do* grow on trees?? Or perhaps some sort of bush?? Isaac, I want to hear more about this greenhouse full of Iken plants you have growing!?
    JJOOHHNN likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast