Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Reviews of the Apex Alpha Unit

Stu
    Senior Member ECF Veteran

No problem! I really am enjoying it! I'll be sure to keep you posted after I've had more time with it!

N8T
    Moved On

Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    No problem! I really am enjoying it! I'll be sure to keep you posted after I've had more time with it!
    Awesome Stu! Thank you for the review and posting the weights. I worked hard to take the Apex Alpha to the absolute limits of machinability, and this is what got us the light weight. Light and strong.

Re: switch -I think a couple got through my quality control check that were out of spec. It should NOT bind. If you are able to easily pull out the post, let me know, and I will send you a new one that's perfect.

Stu

Quote Originally Posted by N8T View Post
    Awesome Stu! Thank you for the review and posting the weights. I worked hard to take the Apex Alpha to the absolute limits of machinability, and this is what got us the light weight. Light and strong.

Re: switch -I think a couple got through my quality control check that were out of spec. It should NOT bind. If you are able to easily pull out the post, let me know, and I will send you a new one that's perfect.
    The post does come right out. That's actually why I was having some trouble with it. But I haven't had anymore problems with it since I messed with it so far. I appreciate the info and for wanting to make everything just right!

N8T
    Moved On

The post does come right out. That's actually why I was having some trouble with it. But I haven't had anymore problems with it since I messed with it so far. I appreciate the info and for wanting to make everything just right!
    Yeah, so that is one of the delrin bushings that snuck by me. I suspected there might be few (out of many thousands).

It does work fine with the loose fit but it is supposed to snap in and STAY so it can't be lost. PM me your address and I will send you out a new one Monday.

Stu

Hey N8T, I was just checking out the Alpha parts video again that you did and noticed that my battery contact looks different than the one in the video. Mine looks like this:

Reviews of the Apex Alpha Unit-101_2447.jpg

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Hey N8T, I was just checking out the Alpha parts video again that you did and noticed that my battery contact looks different than the one in the video. Mine looks like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	101_2447.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	36247

Mine looks like that also.. I PM'ed about it, and am confident this issue will be taken care of...

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today"

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	101_2447.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	36247
    N8T will respond as well. The parts video showed the ultralite. The ultra contact is different by design. As shown in your photo. The issue N8T was commenting on is that the brass contact post should not be easily removable from the bushing. If it is, then we need to replace it (it will still work fine, we just don't like that it is out of spec).

Cheers,

SH

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by SleepHater View Post
    N8T will respond as well. The parts video showed the ultralite. The ultra contact is different by design. As shown in your photo. The issue N8T was commenting on is that the brass contact post should not be easily removable from the bushing. If it is, then we need to replace it (it will still work fine, we just don't like that it is out of spec).

Cheers,

SH

Mine is easily removable... I am now using the UltraMax RES without the spring. With the spring in place, It is difficult to fire.

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today"

Stu

Quote Originally Posted by Technonut View Post
    Mine is easily removable... I am now using the UltraMax RES without the spring. With the spring in place, It is difficult to fire.
    Mine is also easily removable but works with the spring fine now. Basically, when mine popped out I took the spring off and compressed it all the way a few times and then put it back on with the spring on and pushed it in several times. It might be worth trying out.

Stu

Quote Originally Posted by SleepHater View Post

Cheers,

SH
    I was wondering if that was the reason mine looked different. Thanks for the quick replies/fixes with these issues. I really do appreciate it. I haven't had any other issues so far.

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast