Reviews of the Apex Alpha Unit
Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Reviews of the Apex Alpha Unit

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran Slo Ryd's Avatar

Default Reviews of the Apex Alpha Unit

This is the place to review your experience with the Apex Alpha Unit. Anybody posting here please explain exactly which unit you are using, RES or no RES, liquid preferences with it, anything that can help others understand what the Alpha is all about. Our goal is to expand and change the way people look at ecigs and get that idea planted that quality does matter, and we will only settle for the highest quality available.
    http://www.innovapor.com 20% Forum Discount ECF20

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

First Hour Impressions: Will update again in a week (Updated One day of use)

Well it def all works Had to fill the RES up with more than 36 drops though. I think 10 more or so.. Next time I'll fill a syringe with 2ml..

But to give anything other than a 'it works' right now would not be appropriate. Will have to see how the RES holds up with less and less liquid.

Cosmetic:

Device looks astonishing. Everything about the outside screams precision. All the parts fit very tightly with no gaps etc etc.

The Apex Alpha UltraMax is very light, I've not owned a mod that is this light. The battery sleeve functions as the switch as well, and IMO that's pretty innovative.

The RES is made out of a ceramic type material that shines kind of like diamonds. It absorbed the 100% VG liquid (Gorilla Juice) with ease.

Cosmetically this device looks amazing. I like all the grooves and the threads are thick and everything on the outside is manufactured flawlessly.

Operational

I've only tried the device with the RES so far, and given I've only tried it for 1h at this point and don't want to give an opinion yet.

It would be unfair to give a review about how well the RES functions.

Edit: Using the Apex Alpha All Night Long:

Have only good things to say. The RES does not work like a tank or something of that sort. Think of it as sponge.
    After dripping 40 drops total into the atomizer (10 at a time waiting 2min), the RES is filled. I was able to use it for 90 or so minutes of heavy vaping, before even a cold hit (taking a small fast hit to get the juice into atty) was not giving me the same taste.

I just dripped 10 more drops into the atty and I'm good for another 45min or so of heavy vaping.

Using this method all night, I have had no problems whatsoever. I great amounts of vapor and great taste.

Lastly, this 17670 has been lasting me all night. At one point I metered it and the meter read 3.8v, that is after using it for 3-4 hours.

The battery switch slides up with ease. IMO less is more with the switch. Meaning the harder you try the harder it gets. Wet fingers will def complicate things, since it's harder to get a grip on on the switch. But I found that sometimes it's actually easier when you barely use any 'force' so to speak.

For what it's worth I'm really digging the RES and how it functions. Just remember the RES will dry out at which point more drops are needed and you're good to go again!

Summary:

If the RES holds up and delivers to its promise, then this mod is a 100% win. The warranty gives me assurance that if anything goes wrong Innovapor will take care of it.

Edit: The RES IMO functions like a Sponge. It will not act like a Tank, but it works as a reservoir. After getting a diminished taste you have to re-drip, with the UltraMax RES 10-12 drops, which will give you another 30-45min of heavy vaping.

I am sure if you are not a heavy vapor the RES can and will much longer! Thumbs Up to N8 and the Crew!

For just the base kit I think the new price is fair as well. It really is an aesthetically beautiful.

But for what it's worth right now its working, and working good!

Last edited by alldayvape; 04-22-2011 at 08:04 AM.

Owned: eGo-T, Reo Grand+Mini, ProVari, Darwin, VV Splash Mini, Silver Bullet, Apex Alpha Ultra w/ RES, Phidias, Infinity, 3VO VV and 510N
    Own: My Point, Semovar V3, Sirius II, Temon 14650, ProVari Mini VV, Vamo V5, VOLT, MadVapes VV Box, and Vapemate

N8T
    Moved On

Right on! -stoked that you like it.

I think I see a ghost in the pictures..

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by alldayvape View Post
    First Hour Impressions: Will update again in a week

Well it def all works Had to fill the RES up with more than 36 drops though. I think 10 more or so.. Next time I'll fill a syringe with 2ml..

But to give anything other than a 'it works' right now would not be appropriate. Will have to see how the RES holds up with less and less liquid.

Cosmetic:

Device looks astonishing. Everything about the outside screams precision. All the parts fit very tightly with no gaps etc etc.

The Apex Alpha UltraMax is very light, I've not owned a mod that is this light. The battery sleeve functions as the switch as well, and IMO that's pretty innovative.

The RES is made out of a ceramic type material that shines kind of like diamonds. It absorbed the 100% VG liquid (Gorilla Juice) with ease.

Cosmetically this device looks amazing. I like all the grooves and the threads are thick and everything on the outside is manufactured flawlessly.

Operational

I've only tried the device with the RES so far, and given I've only tried it for 1h at this point and don't want to give an opinion yet.

It would be unfair to give a review about how well the RES functions.

Summary:

If the RES holds up and delivers to its promise, then this mod is a 100% win. The warranty gives me assurance that if anything goes wrong Innovapor will take care of it.

For just the base kit I think the new price is fair as well. It really is an aesthetically beautiful.

But for what it's worth right now its working, and working good!

Outstanding, glad you like it, please lets us know how it continues to work for you! Nice thing about the RES is that it should not wear out, so it should work for you 1 year from now the same way it does today. Thank you for being one of the very first owners of the Apex Alpha!

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

My ultralite arrived with a broken ceramic cylinder. I have contacted innovapor in hopes of getting a refund.

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran Slo Ryd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dordas23 View Post
    My ultralite arrived with a broken ceramic cylinder. I have contacted innovapor in hopes of getting a refund.
    I'm am terribly sorry about that. That is not what we want our first impression to be. I dont believe it was broken when we sent it out, but we have no control over how the post office treats it once it leaves our hands. We can send you out a new RES right away to replace the broken one. I will send you a PM with my contact information and also Mark's contact info (the owner of the company) so we can get this issue resolved immediately.
    http://www.innovapor.com 20% Forum Discount ECF20

Just to clarify, when we say we will send you a replacement. We mean we will EXPRESS MAIL you a replacement at our cost and it will ship out tomorrow (Saturday), with the hope of you having it in your hand on Monday. Please make sure to PM TmeisT with you order number so we can get your address.

Sorry for the damaged part, USPS must be playing rough! Although they are a ceramic they are pretty tough to break!

SH

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I hate sounding like a fanboy or something but this is really encouraging to see and makes me very confident about ordering. Very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by SleepHater View Post
    Just to clarify, when we say we will send you a replacement. We mean we will EXPRESS MAIL you a replacement at our cost and it will ship out tomorrow (Saturday), with the hope of you having it in your hand on Monday. Please make sure to PM TmeisT with you order number so we can get your address.

Sorry for the damaged part, USPS must be playing rough! Although they are a ceramic they are pretty tough to break!

SH

Quote Originally Posted by atavanhalen View Post
    I hate sounding like a fanboy or something but this is really encouraging to see and makes me very confident about ordering. Very cool.
    It is the right thing to do. If I purchased a high quality device and it arrived damaged, that is the kind of service I would expect.

Our goal is to always treat our customers and the great community of people on this forum the same way we would want to be treated. I figure as long as we do that, and go the extra mile, it all works out at the end of the day.

Cheers,

SH
    leannebug likes this.

N8T
    Moved On

That sucks, and is the first I've heard of a cracked RES core. I've been carrying an Ultralite RES around in my pocket for a month now, dropping it, leaving it in the bottom of my pack, etc, and it hasn't broken. I suspect it is an anomaly.

If you don't mind, can you let me know how it was broken, as in what way. Was it chipped or actually cracked in half?

You're new RES in en route, and if you don't love that one I will personally refund your money AND send you another one.

Sincerely,

Nate

Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast