Apex Vapor Alpha Information Page; Have Questions, Concerns, Suggestions, New Product Requests, or Want to Ask N8T the Alpha engineer a question? Post here! - Page 3
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Apex Vapor Alpha Information Page; Have Questions, Concerns, Suggestions, New Product Requests, or Want to Ask N8T the Alpha engineer a question? Post here!

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by capevette View Post
    Loving the UltraMax RES
    The case is sweet only thing is stuff rattles, I'm in the process of finding some thin felt for the Alpha and Batts and carto condoms work great for the spare atty.
    We will be offering additional pieces of the Poron foam for customizing the Alpha cases shortly.I'll keep you posted!

Cheers,

SH

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Sewknitty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by N8T View Post
    Hey Guys,

I'm hearing you. There is a need for the frictionally challenged and we love you...
    Cheers,
    Frictionally challenged! I merely tore off a piece of medical tape, cut it to a thin and nearly invisible sliver for the back of the device. That tiny amount of grip is all that's required to facilitate The Slide, regardless the amount of lotion I've enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by capevette View Post
    Loving the UltraMax RES
    The case is sweet only thing is stuff rattles, I'm in the process of finding some thin felt for the Alpha and Batts and carto condoms work great for the spare atty.
    We will be offering extra Poron foam pieces for the Alpha cases soon do that you can further customize the case. Stay tuned should be available next week.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I just received the Ultramax today, I can see why it might be difficult to slide the switch.

One thing I found helpful was to rotate the switch a bit and then try again. Presumably it rotates to another section that is less oily/frictionless/etc and makes it easier to activate. I'm still playing around with it so let me know if this is only a temporary solution. I will probably be ordering a grip tape as well.

Quote Originally Posted by hillock View Post
    I just received the Ultramax today, I can see why it might be difficult to slide the switch.

One thing I found helpful was to rotate the switch a bit and then try again. Presumably it rotates to another section that is less oily/frictionless/etc and makes it easier to activate. I'm still playing around with it so let me know if this is only a temporary solution. I will probably be ordering a grip tape as well.
    The switch takes a very light touch, definitely slide up not in. also polishing the top and bottom of the battery sleeve can make the a action even lighter.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I apologize to everyone for the delayed reply, I have a hard time keeping up with all of the threads I frequent but I am taking pics right now and will post in a minute but it looks like the update from n8t will be a more elegant solution. I got the grip tape from ebay by searching "grip tape tech decks" one seller has a bunch of colors and will combine shipping if you ask. brb

EDIT: I was having trouble posting pics in here so I just started another thread so go check out the subforum.
    Last edited by atavanhalen; 05-15-2011 at 05:14 PM.

ECF Veteran

Anyone find any other solutions for the switch other then Grip Tape? I know almost any oils I have tried do not work because they attract dust. Really would like to figure out something to make the alpha usable.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I got frustrated with it being slippery and gave it to my hubby. He had the same issue and cut a thin strip of fabric bandaid and put that on the battery sleeve. Doesn't take much and it is working fine for him now.

Smoke Free Since April 24, 2009 4 pm

ECF Veteran

^^ I believe N8T @ Innovapor is coming with a solution for the slippery slide switch issue soon.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Yeah, he said we were all friction disabled.

I'm getting better at it but I still have my moments.
    Last cig 9/5/10 @ 7am
    Redwood Burl Woodvil - Buzz Pro - Jatoba Oiled VV Woodvil - VV Grands
    Trippys on all - Phiniacs on Buzz Pro

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast