Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: The new Apex Vapor Atomizers (AVA) are in!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Interesting. From what I read it has a sealed connection, which may be what you're talking about.

What do you normally use as far as atomizers go?

Full Member Verified Member

I usually use LR Joye or LR Iken's in the Apex. Yes these do appear to be sealed which is confusing since I thought they were for use with Apex's signature product that happens to use the RES. This is why it would have been really nice to know upfront that this is useless for the Alpha w/RES. I often impulse buy ecig stuff and sometimes I get burned.(No pun intended) I have had so much luck with Apex line that I just assumed this was going to be a great way to enhance the Alpha. The thing is, I could be wrong. I could be missing something but until Innovaper provides some explanation I have to feel like I just wasted $50.

As a side note, I resurrected an HH .357 which I never tried on my Alpha. Wow. That is a really solid Vape!

ECF Veteran

It does seem a little odd that they wouldn't work in the RES. Would be good to have a confirmation on whether or not they work.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I would think it would work in the RES, but that the liquid (if you drip on it) would be slower to move. It appears from the picture that it doesn't have th bottom hole that most 510 atties do, but that it DOES have air holes on the side (right near or on the threads).

So I'd think it would work, but, having less holes in it, flow of air and liquid both might be reduced.

Best,
    Ande

PS- Am thinking about ordering a couple of these. But still on the fence. Convince me??

ECF Veteran

Gotcha - yes a normal sealed 510 or 306 would work in the RES I would think, and so should this. Hopefully someone can confirm!

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Works fine in the RES! Just got it in today and I'm pretty happy with it. By no means am I $50 worth of happy with it, but I'm not really surprised. First off, the way the atty is fumed at the top is stupid. It just makes no sense besides for forming a tighter seal with the res, but makes it tough to use in other devices (UFS in particular). It's ripping quite nicely, flavor is clean and crisp, and th is stellar. I don't really love how it wicks when you drip from the top, but that may just be me. Bottom hole is interesting, will post a video review sometime soon. My biggest concern with it is that I'm not sure if it's going to tarnish as badly as the Apex and Res do.

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran Slo Ryd's Avatar

Yes the AVA's work great wit the Alphas and with the RES. They actually work better than any other atomizer due to the sealed bottom. All other atomizers have a hole in the bottom, which was originally for automatic batteries. The only problem with the hole in the bottom is it leaks liquid out through it. The new AVAs are sealed on the bottom to prevent liquid from leaking out onto the switch assembly, which was the main cause of the switches tarnishing and misfiring. And note that these atomizers work great right from the start, but after about a week they break in and really start working awesome!
    http://www.innovapor.com 20% Forum Discount ECF20

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran Slo Ryd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rwechsler View Post
    Works fine in the RES! Just got it in today and I'm pretty happy with it. By no means am I $50 worth of happy with it, but I'm not really surprised. First off, the way the atty is fumed at the top is stupid. It just makes no sense besides for forming a tighter seal with the res, but makes it tough to use in other devices (UFS in particular). It's ripping quite nicely, flavor is clean and crisp, and th is stellar. I don't really love how it wicks when you drip from the top, but that may just be me. Bottom hole is interesting, will post a video review sometime soon. My biggest concern with it is that I'm not sure if it's going to tarnish as badly as the Apex and Res do.
    What about $40? You did take the 20% discount. Everyone seems to forget this tidbit of information.
    http://www.innovapor.com 20% Forum Discount ECF20

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by TmeisT View Post
    Yes the AVA's work great wit the Alphas and with the RES. They actually work better than any other atomizer due to the sealed bottom. All other atomizers have a hole in the bottom, which was originally for automatic batteries. The only problem with the hole in the bottom is it leaks liquid out through it. The new AVAs are sealed on the bottom to prevent liquid from leaking out onto the switch assembly, which was the main cause of the switches tarnishing and misfiring. And note that these atomizers work great right from the start, but after about a week they break in and really start working awesome!
    With this in mind, would it also work to use a sealed 510 to 510 extender to seal any unsealed 510's or 306's you might have? Or would that cause RES feeding issues?

Ω Destroyer Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

A sealed extender is probably going to cause feeding issues since they don't have the air inlet holes in the sides. You'd just be getting air coming in down around the atty instead of going through the RES, so no juice would be pulled from it
    Last analog: 2-23-2011

Current Gear: Darwin, SS GGTS #882, Ωpus-D, iHy Illuminati & Pure, Precise ELA, Simplicity 350Ti, Black Copper Stingray #459

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast