Cera performance - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Cera performance

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I have one of their first generation vapes. The thermovape t1, aluminum, stacked CR123's, 6V. When she works, she is a great vape. But, I have two, and I have issues. Mine uses the 510 AVA atomizer. That is a good thing. Expensive, but lasts. However, I heard that atomizer is no longer available. A slight fall, and my ceramic crumbles. Even from a knock-over on my desk. Supposedly, they are upgrading the ceramic. The ceramic res does help as a little backup, but essentially, you are pretty much dripping. It is a strictly mechanical vape. You would not think there wouldn't be so many problems. But, unfortunately, there are.

I don't know anything about their new model. But, given my experience with my vape, I do not want to invest in their new vape.
    Mods: Super-T:((4)ELA V1; (1)Simp(18350)-Ti; (1)Simp(18500)-Ti; (1)Simp(18650)-Ti; (1)Simp(26500)-SS; (1)Simp(26650)-SS) - GP PAPS:((2)X V1.5-SS; (1)X V1.5-Ti Edition #006)
    Atties:
    (2)KFL; (5) KFL+ V2; (1)Helios RDA; (3)S-T Strata RDA(ELA); (3)S-T Strata RDA(Simp)

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran Slo Ryd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cucco View Post
    I have one of their first generation vapes. The thermovape t1, aluminum, stacked CR123's, 6V. When she works, she is a great vape. But, I have two, and I have issues. Mine uses the 510 AVA atomizer. That is a good thing. Expensive, but lasts. However, I heard that atomizer is no longer available. A slight fall, and my ceramic crumbles. Even from a knock-over on my desk. Supposedly, they are upgrading the ceramic. The ceramic res does help as a little backup, but essentially, you are pretty much dripping. It is a strictly mechanical vape. You would not think there wouldn't be so many problems. But, unfortunately, there are.

I don't know anything about their new model. But, given my experience with my vape, I do not want to invest in their new vape.
    Technically Apex Vapor and Thermo Essence Technologies (TET) are two different companies. TET was formed to sell a device from Apex Vapor that was very similar to the Alpha UltraMax. That device was not originally designed for the e-cigarette market.

You are correct that the Alpha / T1 had some design issues that needed to be addressed. The Cera incorporates many design changes. I personally like the new Cera over the Alpha. The redesigned switch is much better and should prove to be much more reliable. The larger battery compartment is an improvement. The zirconia ceramic body, in my opinion, is a vast improvement over the nickel plated aluminum Alpha. The massive size and weight is no problem for me. I prefer a solid device although I’m sure it’s not for everyone.

The Cera e-liquid model was supposed to have an atomizer with AVA components and a reservoir system that is similar to the Alpha RES, but with a redesigned porous ceramic chamber. The sample Cera I received did not have that atomizer system on it. While that atomizer & reservoir system has been designed, it has not been manufactured yet. I am anxiously waiting to receive one to test. I’m also anticipating an adapter with a 510 style thread will be available some day.
    http://www.innovapor.com 20% Forum Discount ECF20

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slo Ryd View Post
    I’m also anticipating an adapter with a 510 style thread will be available some day.
    Thats what Im talking about........a 510 connection.....Cerea with a LR 510 HH357 atomizer, that would be sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat View Post
    Thats what Im talking about........a 510 connection.....Cerea with a LR 510 HH357 atomizer, that would be sweet!
    If TET can make an atomizer for the Cera that has the performance of an AVA with a reservoir made from a porous ceramic that won't break if you drop the device, and give it a one year warranty, that works for me. Although it would be nice to have the "option" to use other atomizers, all I need is just one that works. I really do like the idea of an atomizer & reservoir combo. If they can't make a "proprietary Cera" atomizer & reservoir that works then the only sensible option is to make an adapter with a 510 thread, and make their own version of the AVA. We'll see.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I've experience exactly the same behaviour from my Cera, I started with the T1 body and AVA HR atomizer and loved that. I RMA'd my cera because of the excessive battery consumption and not getting a very good vape out of it. I've been emailing back and forth with Zeki and he confirmed that the Eliquid cart just hasn't been living up to expectations. So they have rebuilt mine and shipped it back to me yesterday so I hope to have it back in hand by Thursday. I'll let you know how it is once I get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by vdefazzio View Post
    I've experience exactly the same behaviour from my Cera, I started with the T1 body and AVA HR atomizer and loved that. I RMA'd my cera because of the excessive battery consumption and not getting a very good vape out of it. I've been emailing back and forth with Zeki and he confirmed that the Eliquid cart just hasn't been living up to expectations. So they have rebuilt mine and shipped it back to me yesterday so I hope to have it back in hand by Thursday. I'll let you know how it is once I get it back.
    Did they tell you what was involved in rebuilding the atomizer?

ECF Veteran

Default cera rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by Slo Ryd View Post
    Did they tell you what was involved in rebuilding the atomizer?
    Basically the rebuild is just replacing the heating coil. As soon as I can find my tiny Allen wrench I'm going to open my second Cera eliquid cart and take a look at the guts.

Quote Originally Posted by vdefazzio View Post
    Basically the rebuild is just replacing the heating coil. As soon as I can find my tiny Allen wrench I'm going to open my second Cera eliquid cart and take a look at the guts.
    Interesting, please let me know if it works better.

ECF Veteran

I just got it back today. and it's like night and day. I still don't know exactly what the issue was but they rebuilt the whole thing: Cart, Switch, and ribbon cable the runs up the inside. It's making some awesome clouds of tasty vapor.
    vaptamist likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Huh, now I'm intrigued.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast