Cera performance
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Cera performance

  1. #1
    Registered Supplier ECF Veteran Slo Ryd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    City of Trees
    Posts
    994

    Default Cera performance

    Before I started using the Cera I put a meter on the atomizer and it started at 2.0 ohms then fluctuated between 1.8 and 1.6 ohms. The battery was 4.15 volts so everything looked good. TET says the atomizer takes a little time to break in so that was the plan. They also say you have to depress the switch then wait about 5 seconds before the atomizer starts producing vapor. Thatís different but OK, here goes.

    The spring on the switch is not difficult for me but my hand strength and coordination is good. While I have no problem operating it with one hand the switch could be a problem for someone with weaker hands, especially if you have to hold it down for 5 seconds before it starts to produce vapor.

    As much as I hate to say it, the device does not produce the amount of vapor it should. Donít misunderstand, it does produce vapor but I figure if a person is going to spend big bucks on a device it should perform better than just OK. Although the atomizer seems to get plenty hot enough, there just isnít much vapor flowing through the mouthpiece. I removed the mouthpiece and stuck a Tru-Flow drip tip in the atomizer but I still didnít get much vapor. The only time I really got a good amount of vapor is when the atomizer was almost dry. That vapor was really hot and burned the hell out of my throat. It put a whole new definition to throat hit! As soon as I put a drop of liquid back in the vapor production decreased. Itís like the atomizer is flooded with only one drop. When I remove the atomizer cover I can see the liquid bubbling and I can hear it sizzling but it just isnít vaporizing.

    I was patient hoping that it just needed some break in time but after playing with it for a few days itís still not getting any better. The 2900 mAh battery went dead so I put it on the charger. Itís the only 18650 battery I have so I put a 17670 battery in it and it worked the same as the 18650. After the 17670 battery went dead I removed it and put in a pair of AW RCR123A LiFePO4 3.2v batteries. I wasnít sure if they would burn up the atomizer but I decided to give it a try. It didnít burn up the atomizer but the atomizer did get much hotter. Unfortunately it still didnít produce any more vapor. Strange! I put the fully charged 18650 battery back in it and it works about the same as it did. It appears the atomizer will work with both 3.7 and 6 volt batteries. I donít know if using 6 volt batteries will void the 1 year warranty on the atomizer but it doesnít really matter because Iím putting my Cera on the ďback burnerĒ for now.

    I have a contact at TET that was not a part of Apex Vapor and he replies to my emails. He told me they are working on a reservoir system that should increase the vapor production and provide a good liquid delivery system too. He says it will be available in a few weeks. Iíll be back, I hope.
    http://www.innovapor.com 20% Forum Discount ECF20

  2. #2
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Riverboat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,858

    Default

    Thanks SloRyd for you honest reveiw.......Its about what I figured, the Cera was developed for the Herb crowd not E-liquid users........
    TET what were you thinking....try out a HH357 if you want to know what a high performance atty is capable of....
    Sounds like it kills batteries fast....An 18650 AW 2000mah IMR last me 1 1/2 days on my Provari...
    Last edited by Riverboat; 03-23-2013 at 04:31 PM.

  3. #3
    Registered Supplier ECF Veteran Slo Ryd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    City of Trees
    Posts
    994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat View Post
    Thanks SloRyd for you honest reveiw.......Its about what I figured, the Cera was developed for the Herb crowd not E-liquid users........
    TET what were you thinking....try out a HH357 if you want to know what a high performance atty is capable of....
    The performance (or should I say lack of) really surprised me. I have an AVA LR on an Alpha Ultra with a 3.7v battery and it fills the room with vapor. I thought the Cera atomizer was supposed to be basically the same as an AVA. It looks the same inside but it certainly doesn't perform the same. We'll see how it works with the new reservoir system once I get one.
    http://www.innovapor.com 20% Forum Discount ECF20

  4. #4
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    3,294

    Default

    You may have a bad core - I don't think it should fluctuate that much. It also should be much lower than 2.0 ohms or even 1.6 ohms. That might explain some of the poor performance.

  5. #5
    Registered Supplier ECF Veteran Slo Ryd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    City of Trees
    Posts
    994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vaptamist View Post
    You may have a bad core - I don't think it should fluctuate that much. It also should be much lower than 2.0 ohms or even 1.6 ohms. That might explain some of the poor performance.
    Thanks for the info, I will send it to TET and wait for a response. I thought 1.6-1.8 ohms is what they're supposed to be because that's what the AVA LR are.
    http://www.innovapor.com 20% Forum Discount ECF20

  6. #6
    Registered Supplier ECF Veteran Slo Ryd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    City of Trees
    Posts
    994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slo Ryd View Post
    Thanks for the info, I will send it to TET and wait for a response. I thought 1.6-1.8 ohms is what they're supposed to be because that's what the AVA LR are.
    I checked with TET and they confirmed that 1.7 ohms is the correct resistance for the Cera atomizer.
    http://www.innovapor.com 20% Forum Discount ECF20

  7. #7
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    3,294

    Default

    That's odd - how are they quoting it at 16 watts on a 3.7v battery?

  8. #8
    Registered Supplier ECF Veteran Slo Ryd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    City of Trees
    Posts
    994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vaptamist View Post
    That's odd - how are they quoting it at 16 watts on a 3.7v battery?
    I do not know because I have not seen that quote.
    http://www.innovapor.com 20% Forum Discount ECF20

  9. #9
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    3,294

    Default

    It was relayed on another forum - they supposedly bumped up the wattage on the e-liquid core to 16 watts just prior to release, which would be sub-1.0 ohms. So much weird information out there about it.... Ah well, I'm still enjoying mine. I got a special drip tip to use with it. I've found that to get good vapor production, you have to pull with your lungs and not your mouth. I'm normally a mouth inhaler so this is a change for me. The downside to pulling with your lungs is that it's easy to vacuum liquid out of the atomizer - the drip tip I got helps with this as there is no "straight" path out of the drip tip for the liquid to go into your mouth. The drip-tip has really helped with my enjoyment of the device.

  10. #10
    Registered Supplier ECF Veteran Slo Ryd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    City of Trees
    Posts
    994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vaptamist View Post
    It was relayed on another forum - they supposedly bumped up the wattage on the e-liquid core to 16 watts just prior to release, which would be sub-1.0 ohms. So much weird information out there about it.... Ah well, I'm still enjoying mine. I got a special drip tip to use with it. I've found that to get good vapor production, you have to pull with your lungs and not your mouth. I'm normally a mouth inhaler so this is a change for me. The downside to pulling with your lungs is that it's easy to vacuum liquid out of the atomizer - the drip tip I got helps with this as there is no "straight" path out of the drip tip for the liquid to go into your mouth. The drip-tip has really helped with my enjoyment of the device.
    I'm really glad to hear that you are enjoying your device because that's what it's all about. I've noticed that whenever I draw on mine really hard the flat side of the mouthpiece is covered with liquid. When I mentioned that I put a Tru-Flow drip tip in I failed to mention the mouthful of liquid I got so I know exactly what you're saying from experience.

    I did ask TET why the AVA works so much better. They said it has a different internal air flow and they are addressing that with the Cera. I'll see what they come up with and go from there.
    http://www.innovapor.com 20% Forum Discount ECF20

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks