Janty Neo tasting burnt - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Janty Neo tasting burnt

Just filled out a help ticket with janty. So this should be fixed in a jiffy. For everyone who has been reading this I have always gotten brilliant products from janty, never had a problem. The neo is a joy too use but this bothersome problem has diminished that joy a little.

Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

hi Helmar, thanks for your feedback! Let's try get this solved asap.

Even with the tanklid closed the puromizer should not taste burned. This is not a design flaw, we've gone through many design versions before we released the puromizer for the market. Vaping with the tanklid curved is a tuning preference for some.

I can only think of one reason why you experience burned taste and this is something we've tested: The liquid cannot reach the coil in time before you inhale when you puff at a fast rate or when you puff short puffs at a fast rate.. Try inhaling slowly and leave enough time in between puffs. Remove the mouthpiece and drop 2 drops of liquid from the top.

A question, does it taste burned in the morning when you take your first puffs?

Keep in mind that although this is quite a difficult mechanical design, the parts of the puromizer are still assembled by hand. Therefore the wicking can be too tight for some (could be the cause of burned taste) or the wicking is too loose (could be the cause of leaking).

In any case, if you keep experiencing this even when you change the puff rate, method or rythm, open a ticket and ask for replacement.

PV Master ECF Veteran

Ludo's probably right. Are you vaping like a jack rabbit?
    Last edited by son et lumiere; 01-31-2012 at 12:44 AM.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by helmar View Post
    Opening the tab seems to have worked although like I said before this seems like a flaw in the design. I would love to hear what mik or ludo say about this. Must be something that could be simply rectified. Silly to have to keep that tab open all the time. Also this is something that should be mentioned in the instructions.
    Think you got unlucky.
    I just got half unlucky since only one of my puromizers has the same behavior you describe, but I'm first trying a tip Mik left in another thread to avoid returning it:

Quote Originally Posted by Mik_Janty View Post
    Try putting in liquid, then shake it violently (maybe do it to a björk song) and see if that helps.

It could be that the wires inside are tangled, which could cause the little elf we have inside to suffocate - which means he wont be of much use to you in fighting off the dry-spots.
    Hope I can still save the little Elf...

Hey there guys. Thanks for the replies.

I don't think we are vaping like jack rabbits. Vape just the way we do with cartomizers for example. Maybe that is too quick and you just can't vape a neo as quick. That would be a minus in my book though. Anyway it's morning here now and i am vaping it as I write this and no burnt taste so far. We tried swapping mouthpieces and think it might be the mouth piece possibly causing the leak, although not sure yet, might be the wick in the puro like ludo sugested.

Full Member Verified Member

I have also had a burnt taste in my fist puromizer.
    I have quite resolved cleaning with hot/water and [COLOR=#333333]a day of drying.
    Now i can vape as usual but sometimes i need to open the lid.

However i think neo classic will remain my first vaping choice.
    Last edited by Il Brucaliffo; 01-31-2012 at 02:28 PM.

Update:

We have solved the burnt taste by simply opening the plastic tab on the side. We didnt need to clean the puromizer. My girlfriend keeps having the leaking issues and after swapping mouth pieces we are quite sure that's not the problem since she keeps having leaking issues and gurgling sounds even when using my mouth peice. So we are sure that the puromizer is faulty. Anyone have any idea how to fix that?

Anyway thank you all so much for your replies and the help. We do love the neo and are going to keep using it although as I mentioned before my girlfriend is getting tired of this leaking problem. Thankfully we do have a spare puromizer since we bought more. So she is going to use that one and we are thinking of returning the other one as soon as we get a reply on our ticket.

PV Master ECF Veteran

Just open a ticket with Janty.

Already done that.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

-----

I went to the Janty World site via this forum and could find no USA Janty outlet. They only list the UK, S. Africa, and Russia... Is there no US site for Janty? Also couldn't find their products on their UK site. This is too weird. Looking for the Neo classic and can't find it anywhere. Just found rave reviews on their site and this neg. post here.

-----

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast