Janty Tip: Cleaning your atomizer the right way - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Janty Tip: Cleaning your atomizer the right way

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

okie dokie, whatever you think, been doing it for 2 mo.s

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Its not about what you have been doing - its about whats generally a good and safe approach to a common problem. If this works for you thats perfect - but i think we all agree on here, that someone, by using your advice, will probably end up get hurt. Not because people are stupid, but because mistakes are bound to happen.

This goes for my solution too. But in my solution if it goes bad, a battery or an atomizer might die. In yours, a microwave oven could explode - or lethally injure someone.

So i will definately not recommend it, but at the same time its your choice to do what you do!

Hope that clears up my standpoint a bit!

PV Master ECF Veteran

yeah I don't think I'd want to put an atty in the microwave. But reading that immediately made me think of ...

YouTube - Light bulb in Microwave

And so it seems the right way is also the easiest way. Very nice. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik_Janty View Post
    Hey guys,

So heres a small tip that some of you know, and some of you does not.

I myself hadnt actually read this part of the manual when i first started out, so i had resorted to a million different ways of cleaning my atomizers - and they all had some good points, and some bad.

However, after speaking with Thor, from Janty.dk today, he told me that i should just do what the manual says, and so i did - and it brought back the taste in 20 (!) of my 801 atomizers that i had otherwise deemed awful.

Mind you, it did NOT bring them back to life (as they were working but tasted horribly) - but it did restore them to actually a condition where they tasted like new ( without the primer.. ew )

So for those of you, like me, that sometimes skips the manuals, here we go:

Take your atomizer, - put it under hot water and rinse it. You dont have to do it excessively, just rinse it out over the course of 20 seconds or so.

Then blow at both ends of your atomizer till it appears dry, and you cant see it "sprays" out water on a piece of tissue.

Then insert your atomizer into any vaping device you have - THAT RUNS 3.7 VOLT (do NOT do this with higher voltage devices )- and in the case of a Jantystick, then push the button and let it hit cutoff, WHILE you blow air into the atomizer with your mouth. Do not have the filter on for this ofcourse.

Now, this will smell funny - none the less, keep a finger on your atomizer, while you do this (if it gets overly hot, let it cool down for a bit before continuing), and do it up to 4 times - till the cutoff is hit ( for those without a cutoff, thats around 12 seconds ) - keep blowing air from your mouth onto your atomizer during the entire button-pressing-stage of this.

Once youre done, you drip 5 drops of any liquid you want into the atomizer, - let it rest for a minute, then try to take a hit. If it still tastes bad, put two more drops in - if it still tastes bad, add one more drop and do this until it tastes good.

Notice: After you put in the 5 drops, after initial burn-cleaning, make sure you DO taste if its good, this varies on atomizers. Some work right there, some dont. Also make sure you dont drown your atomizer. If the taste is there, and you get almost no vape, then its almost drowned.

Once you get it going, add 2-3 drops everytime you need to redrip - or if you use carts; you know what to do.

Happy vaping, and let me know your results!

DISCLAIMER:
    -- Even though this IS part of the manual, i will not officially take any responsability for any damage you cause by this process to you, your atomizer, you PV, your cat, your lawn, your neighbours girlfriend, or anything else that could be harmed, or destroyed ( or broken ) while doing this!

-- But i doubt it will get to that point

/Mik
    I am new to vaping. Been rotating 3 attys for 3 weeks and I let them drain each night. When do you know it's time to "clean" an atty and how often should you do it? Is it better to be proactive with cleaning them rather than waiting until they seem to slow down or taste bad? Also, are most e cigs 3.7 volts? The Kissbox, Ego, 801?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran AlexTM's Avatar

I usually wait with cleaning until I notice a decrease in vapour or taste, but some people do it more regularly.

Well, 3.7v ... that's what we all thought. The Joye 510s, though, seem to run on 3.1v instead, including the eGo. That certainly explains a few things.

Vote in the polls, vapers, we need numbers!

What do you mean "that explains a few things"? Personally, I am not that impressed with the Ego. Actually, I don't think I like the 510 atty and I purchased quite a few to use with the Ego, in case I have trouble finding them later. I prefer dripping and it won't take much before flooding. I like my Kissbox and DSE 801 better. I did recently purchase a box mod (14500 battery) from someone who makes them and the 510 seems to work better on it. Any insight anyone has on the 3.7 volt issues would be appreciated.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by g123456e View Post
    What do you mean "that explains a few things"? Personally, I am not that impressed with the Ego. Actually, I don't think I like the 510 atty and I purchased quite a few to use with the Ego, in case I have trouble finding them later. I prefer dripping and it won't take much before flooding. I like my Kissbox and DSE 801 better. I did recently purchase a box mod (14500 battery) from someone who makes them and the 510 seems to work better on it. Any insight anyone has on the 3.7 volt issues would be appreciated.
    Read the thread Battery Voltages -- Surprise!

Regards,
    Tom

Please make this a sticky.

tried this out on my half dead 510 atty, it works! thanks mik!

definitely gonna make this a practice in the future

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast