Janty Tip: Cleaning your atomizer the right way - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Janty Tip: Cleaning your atomizer the right way

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    You don't have to clean the atty every time you want to change flavors as long as they are JANTY liquids (our liquids density and our ato's are made for each other).
    Well, that is true of course, but every time I change the flavor at my Janty Ego-T (normally in the morning), I always have the taste of the previous flavor, even if I had the atty blown the previous night. I use only JANTY attys and liquids - bought them from the French web store. To tell you the truth, I don' t really mind, since it is mostly the flavor of my favorite RY4 that is left behind but it is a little funny to vape chocolate that tastes like RY4...
    So, I will definately try to clean the attys with water. Is the method described by Mik safe to be used on Ego-T normal and LR attys as well? Please let me know before I drawn them to death
    Last edited by FaniFox; 11-12-2011 at 01:12 PM.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran Toby's Avatar

Not sure whether this method is Janty endorsed or not, but many people occasionally soak their atomiser overnight in vodka, clean out with plain water the following morning, and blow out well from the battery end of the atomizer.
    Then prime it with a few drops of e-liquid, insert cartridge, and it's ready to go.

This can breathe new life into the atomizer.
    iVapour.co.uk - Janty UK Supplier; the original eGo.
    iVapour-elixir.co.uk - Silver Bullet, mods, and spares.
    The EU Tobacco Products Directive is not a victimless crime...

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Vodka? Love it, but I am not even really certain if it is OK to soak the Ego-T attys into water...Let me try that one first and I will then try the more "spiritual" way :-)
    I still don't know, though, if it is safe to use Mik's instructions on Ego-T LR attys...Is it?

Full Member* ECF Veteran

I wanted to point out that I did rescind the idea of microwaving the puromizer in a mug of water as it was not well thought out, it may work with 510 atties ect and others but as I do not have one I cannot attest to that.

also I want to warn anyone who is thinking of dry burning to do research, watch youtube videos of how it is done and always go moderate.

Although dry burning can be done at high or low voltages, I added the part of using low voltages in order to prevent people from burning there atties out.

I have not burnt out an atty in years and I dry burn every few weeks, but I did wreck 20-30 in 2008-2009 dry burning. Whether this was user error or atomizers have just gotten better, this should be noted.

I do think that QC has increased overall in the market, but I also think user error was to blame aswell.

Also any suggestions that I make our only suggestion that have worked for me. If anyone wants a more detailed description of how I clean/do things PM me or ask away.
    Last edited by prateus; 04-04-2012 at 03:52 PM. Reason: posting when your have been drinking can make me sound like an a$$

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456