The Janty Journal - Discuss all Janty products - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Janty Journal - Discuss all Janty products

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Vapnub View Post
    I ordered the Janty Dura C almost 2 weeks ago and love it love it love it. I have a few questions I can't seem to locate the answer too and was hoping someone could help.
    1. How long should an atomizer last?

*** it depends on usage - between 2 weeks and 4 months.

2. How long does a TAWA last?

*** They are the same product - but without warranty.

3. Can I clean and reuse the cartridge filling infinity?

*** No. Nothing is infinite - but you can reuse it alot of times.. like 100+ (in my opinion) ofcourse this varies from user to user.

4. Is the Dura C compatible with all 510 products?

*** No - but alot of them. You have to check individually. For instance, never use an eGo charger on a dura battery as it might explode.

5. Is the Dura C HV?

*** No Janty product is HV - we do have LR (low resistance atomizers) that burn hotter than normal atomizers. So yes, you can buy LR atomizers that fit the Dura (its the same ones as used for the eGo)

Well I think that should be enough for now
    And yes there is a PCC for the dura - i believe Janty USA has it?

Senior Member Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran

Default eGo Mega Cartomizer Colors

What's up with the black only? It took awhile to get the battery colors, but now the mega cartos don't really match all the other colors.

As a consumer, here's how I think: "Wow, I'd really like to buy a chrome mega eGo automatic with matching mega carto. Wonder where I can get one?" So I start looking around. After an hour of searching, I conclude the money burning a hole in my pocket should probably be spent elsewhere.

Also, releasing in Europe before the USA produces the same effect - I look for something else. People will pay more for convenience.

No product becomes truly GREAT until it's sold effectively.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Any new product needs to be "tested" first. And it would be suicide to launch a product in all colors, before we know if people will even buy the product; thats why its being produced in black only, to begin with.

Releasing in Europe, before USA does create this effect, for USA. For Europe they are quite happy. Last time we did USA first. It goes back and forth - thats the only fair way isnt it?

Senior Member Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran

With all due respect, I disagree.

Old business models & systems are truly passing away worldwide. This is not just a consequence of market corrections, business thinking is returning to it's roots, where "the customer is king".

Lately it seems only the 'Knock-off' companies really listen to customer feedback and implement product changes (Hint: if people post they want something, it'll sell). If people are buying blue eGo batteries & cones, is it a giant leap of faith to believe they'll buy blue mega cartomizers? Is the market research really necesary in this case?

Everywhere you look multinational companies are failing due to the inefficiency of yesterday's thinking:
    --UPS can't even guarantee a package will be delivered in December and refuses refunds that whole month!
    --I just sat on hold 2 hrs 45 minutes with a company. I wWonder how many potential clients wouldn't wait that long?
    --3 years ago publishers were still disbelieving electronic books had a chance.
    --5 years ago newspapers believed they could be viable.
    --7 years ago pay phones weren't $21 a minute!
    --10 years ago Metallica testified before the US congress that electronic music downloads would never adequately compensate artists.

This isn't my opinion only. Microsoft FINALLY learned what I'm suggesting here: press releases don't heighten people's anticipation, they tick them off waiting on product availability. Ultimately customers will learn to hate a vendor.

Business is like poker. You're either in, or you're out - suicide or not. Simply put: if Janty waits putting out a product, pirates with clones (e.g. VGO's, etc) won't.
    Last edited by NuGalicia; 08-12-2010 at 01:57 AM.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran Toby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NuGalicia View Post
    Microsoft FINALLY learned what I'm suggesting here...
    Janty being compared to, and considered, in respect to Microsoft and Metallica...
    .. now surely that's a good thing...
    iVapour.co.uk - Janty UK Supplier; the original eGo.
    iVapour-elixir.co.uk - Silver Bullet, mods, and spares.
    The EU Tobacco Products Directive is not a victimless crime...

Thanks Mik answer were just what I was looking for. Worked with Ethan and I'm getting a replacement for the defected atty. So far happy with Janty customer service and my product. However already considering upgrading to the eGo lol.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by NuGalicia View Post
    With all due respect, I disagree.

Old business models & systems are truly passing away worldwide. This is not just a consequence of market corrections, business thinking is returning to it's roots, where "the customer is king".

Lately it seems only the 'Knock-off' companies really listen to customer feedback and implement product changes (Hint: if people post they want something, it'll sell). If people are buying blue eGo batteries & cones, is it a giant leap of faith to believe they'll buy blue mega cartomizers? Is the market research really necesary in this case?

Everywhere you look multinational companies are failing due to the inefficiency of yesterday's thinking:
    --UPS can't even guarantee a package will be delivered in December and refuses refunds that whole month!
    --I just sat on hold 2 hrs 45 minutes with a company. I wWonder how many potential clients wouldn't wait that long?
    --3 years ago publishers were still disbelieving electronic books had a chance.
    --5 years ago newspapers believed they could be viable.
    --7 years ago pay phones weren't $21 a minute!
    --10 years ago Metallica testified before the US congress that electronic music downloads would never adequately compensate artists.

This isn't my opinion only. Microsoft FINALLY learned what I'm suggesting here: press releases don't heighten people's anticipation, they tick them off waiting on product availability. Ultimately customers will learn to hate a vendor.

Business is like poker. You're either in, or you're out - suicide or not. Simply put: if Janty waits putting out a product, pirates with clones (e.g. VGO's, etc) won't.
    With all due respect, you cant just yank out facts here and there, and due to them being true within their own fields, and within that narrow corridor of time, in that particular space and time, and say that this is how the world works.

I know, it would be better for us to release a product simultaneously in Europe and USA. I know it would be better to release a product in 20 different colors to begin with.

I also know it would be better if an eGo set came with a free bar of gold, a gallon of rare glenlivet, and a skateboard made of chocolate, but.. you know, sometimes realitys a pain in the butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik_Janty View Post
    With all due respect, you cant just yank out facts here and there, and due to them being true within their own fields, and within that narrow corridor of time, in that particular space and time, and say that this is how the world works.

I know, it would be better for us to release a product simultaneously in Europe and USA. I know it would be better to release a product in 20 different colors to begin with.

I also know it would be better if an eGo set came with a free bar of gold, a gallon of rare glenlivet, and a skateboard made of chocolate, but.. you know, sometimes realitys a pain in the butt.
    Hilarious... it takes a lot to get me to LOL literally and it happened here. Thanks.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I'm going to side with Mik on this one. For multi-billion dollar industries like Microsoft or Apple to put out a product with dozens of different options and features simultaneously isn't much of a risk. If a certain segment of the production, i.e. orange I-pads, flop sales-wise, the loss can be covered by other products and by offering discounts on the lower selling items, or giving them away in publicity building marketing ploys.

E-cig companies are a niche business. They cater to a very specific group of consumers who have an unbelievably wide spectrum of demands. You'll see people on this board who prefer an e-cig that looks just like the real thing and others that want mods that look like a propane tank attached to a leaf blower.

Janty, by putting out ideas and seeing what the demand is, tests the waters before sinking funds into something. That way they'll have some idea of what the return will be. All the large corporations do marketing research with small groups of their consumer bases to see what products or services will provide an acceptable return on their investments. Janty has been doing the same thing, only using this forum as their sample consumer test group.

Out of the millions or billions of smokers, most still use analogs. There may be millions of e-cig users, but how many of them read forums or take the time to post? How many e-cig users even know that this particular forum exists? As large as this forum is, it is still only a small fraction of the potential client base for any e-cig company. I say "Good work Janty" on coming up with a cost-effective research method......and hurry up with the darn pipe, isn't it close enough to September already?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234