"High brass" atomizers - different cart performance?

Thread: "High brass" atomizers - different cart performance?

Super Member ECF Veteran

Default "High brass" atomizers - different cart performance?

I've got a couple of the Janty "high brass" atomizers, and I notice different performance from them than I do the "low brass" atomizers I received from Widow's Beadwork.

The wicking bridge on the 'high brass' atomizers seems to be appreciably taller than on the 'low brass'. I've noticed the following:

Lower cartridge 'fill' level and easier flooding - I'm presuming this is due to the higher wicking bridge putting more pressure on the fiberfill inside the cart.

I've also noticed a short-circuit sort of 'pop' from the atomizers, as well - maybe due to the fibers hanging off the wicking bridge that aren't there on the 'low brass' one?

I do seem to get a little more consistent hit from the high brass atomizers, though....

Anyone else seeing any of these issues?
    -Mike

Protovapor XPV DNA30, Provari, die Erlkönigin, Russian 91%, Boba's Bounty

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I have both types of atomizers. There is no real difference in performance when comparing 2 of these of the same age. Any new atomizer will out perform an atomizer with some miles on it.

Kevin

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I've noticed a pop with the primer when new...............Others have said they like the big band atty's.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I'm definitely not *dissatisfied* with the high brass ones, and it's not like my low brass ones are that old - I only got them 10 days ago.

It's just a little different behavior, and I wanted to make sure it was typical.
    -Mike

Protovapor XPV DNA30, Provari, die Erlkönigin, Russian 91%, Boba's Bounty