Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Your 510 - Page 13
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Your 510

I've been completely out of touch the last 5 days, so I'm trying to catch up. I also am getting sores in my mouth, mostly inside bottom lip, when I use one of the new attys. I have a several new ones from 5 packs from TW that I will try and thoroughly clean and see what happens.
    The last 5 days I've been heavy on the go, and extremely frustrated. I had to actually use the nic lozenges during parts of the day, because I didn't have the time to mess with things, at least I didn't revert to analogs.
    I'm going to order some new attys as you guys have suggested and hope for the best.
    I'm beyond frustrated with my 510, and going to toss it if I cant' figure out something soon, which makes me sad because it was stellar before all of this BS...

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

UpInVapor... you're not alone! It's been very frustrating, but don't give up!

I just ordered an eGo and I'm hoping I didn't dig a deeper hole. Remie and others have said the Joye attys made for Janty and TW don't have this problem. The SLB 510 attys from MadVapor are still going strong for me and still taste great!

I have 2 five packs from TW. 7 of the 10 so far have the problem. I have been able to revive 1 of my older attys and it does not have this issue. However this is comparing apples to oranges, the revived atty has a much harder draw, and is bound to be running at a lower temp...
    When I have the time I'll do my best to clean one of the other TW attys and see what happens.

I've read through the posts but am not clear on which vendor to order attys from. What would you suggest?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

UpInVapor... I bought a few of the SLB 510s from MapVapes and they're fine. I don't know who else sells them.

my janty dura (warrantied) attys are fine but it's a pain right now to catch them when they have them in stock...and well with a 6 month warranty on them whould be worry free...granted they're more expensive..but I find a hassle free 6mo worth that

Current PVs: Precise Plus 18650 10/7/11, Super6 3/13/10, eGo 1/23/10 (shelved)...

Just out of curiosity - UpInVapor - are your TW atties the ones marked MP (multipack)? Or the ones they charge more for?

Quote Originally Posted by UpInVapor View Post
    I have 2 five packs from TW. 7 of the 10 so far have the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remie View Post
    Just out of curiosity - UpInVapor - are your TW atties the ones marked MP (multipack)? Or the ones they charge more for?
    reading that it looks like they're multipacks..

Current PVs: Precise Plus 18650 10/7/11, Super6 3/13/10, eGo 1/23/10 (shelved)...

Quote Originally Posted by Drozd View Post
    my janty dura (warrantied) attys are fine but it's a pain right now to catch them when they have them in stock...and well with a 6 month warranty on them whould be worry free...granted they're more expensive..but I find a hassle free 6mo worth that
    After vaping on the atties that are are sold with the warranty - I'm going to have to agree with you Drozd. It is worth the extra money to me for a hassle free vape.

I do think there is a difference - they are much more consistent and there is no funky burned or noxious taste or smell.

There has to be a reason why these atomizers are sold at a higher price and with a warranty.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Whistle_Pig's Avatar

I should have all my "starter" supplies by the end of the week -- from 3 different suppliers. Hey, why not jump in with both feet? So I'm reading this thread for I think the 3rd time. Good stuff folks. Esp. Kristin.

Does anyone know what that primer fluid is? Well, okay, that's sorta rhetorical, 'cause I'm sure if someone did, it'd be well-documented. But considering what I've read about various stuff from China, e.g. melamine, formaldehyde, etc., in products where it shouldn't be ... (like the big drywall problem right now in the Southern states) I don't know that I want to puff'n'blow to burn it off. Not if I can get rid of it with ... I dunno ... high-strength methyl alcohol maybe. (i.e. the dmarnaud2 seems like the way to go)

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Whistle_Pig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Whistle_Pig View Post
    Does anyone know what that primer fluid is?
    <snip>
    ... high-strength methyl alcohol maybe. (i.e. the dmarnaud2 seems like the way to go)
    After recalling something I read about denatured alcohol, and then doing a search for an MSDS for gas-line drier (cheapest source for "pure" methyl alcohol) I won't be trying that. It ain't 100% alcohol. I won't be using any alcohols, except for grain alcohols specifically made for ingestion.

ETA: I'm rethinking this. No point in repeating myself, but sjohnson got a few more of my neurons firing (seems I can't link to another thread yet), and I'll reply over there. Thread is <i>5936-refilling-carts-syringe-6.html#post1272740</i>.
    Last edited by Whistle_Pig; 04-17-2010 at 10:55 PM. Reason: further engagement of brain