Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Your 510 - Page 8
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Your 510

IKA

Kristin,

big thanx for this wonderful thread, I'm waiting for my 510 and now I have a great manual to fallow.

Great work.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Kristin I just want to say Thank You. This made me feel like I already knew what I was doing and gave me a lot of confidence when my 510 finally got here-- I was even able to do your PTB mod all by myself.

Just curious! Are there ANY Differences in 510's? There are sooooo many 510's out there! Is there an original maker? Are all 510's exactly the same and interchangeable?

Vaporking510
    Joye510
    etc.
    etc.

Default Turn About

Quote Originally Posted by kristin View Post
    Yes, the cart should run the same direction as the white ceramic piece in the base of the atty, as seen in this photo:
    Funny, I have been aligning them 90 out for the last 5 months. I initially was going to make a post with sketches but got distracted. I figured that having the long part of the cart throat align with the bridge would maximize contact between the packing and the bridge.

I only get melting when I'm running hot and taking long drags and that usually results in a fried atty so I generally keep it down to about 5-6 seconds and then hold the stick by the atty so I can feel when it gets hot and when it's safe take another drag.

Also, the auto drip spring mod kicks @ss. I stoped using or searching for another method as soon as I tried it! I was considdering the brass screen mod but every place I looked for a brass pipe screens here in New Zealand, the folks looked at me like I was from Mars. My carts now cook dry and I was able to stop dripping, which was driving me crazy while I was driving.

Remember: Don't drip and drive; auto drip dry!

Great job on the guide.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Thanks Kristen!

Are there other attys that can be used with the Joye 510 that might be better than the one it comes with? I'm having problems with the taste after I vape awhile and think it might be because of how much I use it.

PV Master Vaping Advocate
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by GoodDog View Post
    Thanks Kristen!

Are there other attys that can be used with the Joye 510 that might be better than the one it comes with? I'm having problems with the taste after I vape awhile and think it might be because of how much I use it.
    Not that I'm aware of. Actually, I highly doubt it's the atty you're tasting, unless you're letting it get dry and any atty will do that under that circumstance. Make sure you have a good cart filler that wicks liquid well to the atty. Also, the liquid itself could be the problem - you may want to switch brands.

Try cleaning the atty and changing the cart filler. What filler are you using? The polyfill that comes with the cart? If so, try the PTB Straw Mod: PTB Made Easy! mod or any of the other cart modsout there.

ECF Guru

We are seeing a lot of reports about burnt tasting atomizers coming into me. And when I say a lot, I mean a lot. Even though I no longer use the 510, I ordered from 5 different Suppliers to see if this burnt taste is a global "hit or miss" problem or is a larger issue.

I will advise.

Sun

PV Master Vaping Advocate
    ECF Veteran

Interesting Sun. I haven't had a problem with burnt atomizer taste since I learned to modify my cart filler and keep the atty wet. I look forward to your report!

ECF Guru

Interesting Sun. I haven't had a problem with burnt atomizer taste since I learned to modify my cart filler and keep the atty wet. I look forward to your report!

Kristin---the Expert's Forum is getting flooded with complaints from new members and my PM box is getting loaded with Vetern Compalints about these atomizers so I can only conclude that there is something afoot here.

Sun

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Not that I'm aware of. Actually, I highly doubt it's the atty you're tasting, unless you're letting it get dry and any atty will do that under that circumstance. Make sure you have a good cart filler that wicks liquid well to the atty. Also, the liquid itself could be the problem - you may want to switch brands.

Try cleaning the atty and changing the cart filler. What filler are you using? The polyfill that comes with the cart? If so, try the PTB Straw Mod: PTB Made Easy! mod or any of the other cart modsout there.
    I've tried every cart mod on this forum and still get a burnt taste after awhile. My attys work great so I hate to fool with them too much. I do blow them out regularly and tried cleaning one in Crest Mouthwash. When I do a dry burn I get a nasty smell coming off the wick. I just don't know how long I should do a dry burn before it damages the atty.

It happens after vaping for a long period and it's just gross! I can't get the taste/feeling out of my mouth!! When I change to a new atty it doesn't do it but my mouth is still ruined for the day.

Unless I can find a solution I'm concerned that this will keep me from vaping long term.

Now I only vape Tasty Vapor 10vg/90pg @ 24mg and the juice is very clear and clean tasting.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast