Is there a cigalike that doesn't look like cheap Chinese junk?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Is there a cigalike that doesn't look like cheap Chinese junk?

Full Member Verified Member
    Blog Entries

Default Is there a cigalike that doesn't look like cheap Chinese junk?

I know that pretty much all PV's, cigalikes especially, ARE made in China, including the blu I'm using (and still loving) now. But it seems that all the 510 starter kits I've seen so far just look like garbage, especially the PCC's. One of the reasons I like my blu is that it at least looks a bit stylish. A relative gave me a Fin basic kit from WalMart (one bat, usb charger, and one carto) and I've been using it alongside my blu for a couple days. I think I could get used to the slightly larger than an analog size, and the heavier weight than blu, but I still want one that looks good too. I've had my eye on the Halo G6, but it's an 808, and I'd like to stick to 510 just for the better compatibility and range of options. I like the "midnight blue" color most. What's worse, in my opinion, are the 510 PCC's. I've never liked the Joye design, and all the rest have some crappy graphics and/or slogans on them that just scream gaudy and low quality to me. Is there anything out there in a 510 that looks as slick as the Halo G6?
    Last edited by Skymutt; 09-05-2013 at 04:03 AM.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I vote for Halo G6, I use the Halo line all the time including the Triton, but the G6 is a classy cig a like bnrk
    stevegmu likes this.
    APV/MOD Safety- Never use non rechargeable batteries, they can explode! DO: Use protected or safer chemistry rechargeable batteries for your specific model. Rest batteries off charger before use. Do first 3-4 second button push AWAY FROM YOUR FACE. Safety first :)

Blog Entries

Classy, yeah, that's the word I was looking for. Slick, stylish, and classy. But like I said, I want to keep to the 510 family. My blu's are 510 threaded, and all the higher end stuff I'm certain I'll eventually expand into for use at home are keeping the 510 high up as the standard, so most everything I'll end up using will be somewhat interchangeable.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Joyetech eRoll, black or white PCC case, nice looking.

TC's given: ~9/27/12~ ~ 11/17/2012~~04/01/2013/TC rec'd: 03/09/2013

Blog Entries

The eRoll is certainly a nice looking piece of hardware, I agree. I guess I should also have specified that I'm planning to stick with cartomizers when using a cigalike. I'm also not a fan of the eRoll PCC. It's slick looking, sure, but doesn't it only hold a single bat, and no other parts at all? They do have that new add-on case for the PCC that'll hold a second bat, though, but I don't think it holds anything else either. It just seems like they want you to spend too much for too little convenience. Maybe that's just me.

You can pretty up your e-cig by wrapping it with vinyl wraps (or fancy duct tape, or wrapping paper) or spray paint it. This way lets you keep what you have with a better look. Some of the ego mods are becoming more colorful lately (most peoples next step up from cig size).

Blog Entries

I guess that's always an option, yeah. My experience with using wraps and tape for other things usually has it looking dilapidated a short while later, but paint isn't a bad idea. It would be nice if I didn't have to go to those lengths to get a nice looking product though. It's bad enough I'm probably going to have to custom craft my own PCC to get exactly what I want in terms of storage, function, and style. If only the Halo's were 510.

The Johnson Creek VEA is very nice. A little bigger than a cigalike, though. Mine still works after 2 years.
    Racehorse likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

There's this from Kanger => Kanger eSmart 320mah Starter Kit

It's not exactly a cigalike, but it's not an eGo size either. Different. With 320 mAh batteries it kind of makes the need for a PCC or a cigapack type of charger unnecessary. Should get about three times the run time of 510 mini batteries. And it can use 510 anything.

Blog Entries

The vea and e-smart are probably something I'd like for vaping around the house, but just not what I'm looking for right now. I'd really like to find a great cigalike foundation and build a nice little kit for when I'm out n about.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast