Testimonials from High-End Mod users who have begun using eRolls?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Testimonials from High-End Mod users who have begun using eRolls?

Default Testimonials from High-End Mod users who have begun using eRolls?

Anyone out there want to chime in? I'm attracted to the small form factor, and inconspicuousness of the unit. I'm curious how expensive it is to maintain the system, since all the connections are new & proprietary.

Thanks in advance!

Pretty simple really - the tanks last ages and you can buy replacement caps for them so basically you never have to throw a tank away.

Other than that, it's just about the eGo-C attys which can be opened up, the silica burnt clean and the coil dry-burned to clean it.

The attys can last quite a while with regular maintenance and keeping them in rotation but the coils will burn out eventual and you'll need to buy replacement attys.

Some people have had success replacing the silica with either cotton or SS mesh for better flavour/more reliable performance from the attys.
    Harleybarbie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ke7in11 View Post
    I'm curious how expensive it is to maintain the system, since all the connections are new & proprietary.
    The eRoll runs on eGo-C Type A atomizers. They cost around 5 dollars a pop.

Out of the box an atty will perform well between 4 to 16 days depending on what kind of liquid you're vaping.

The eGo C atty is rebuildable, though. Once it goes bad (you get burnt taste, less vapor) you can pop the cap off, clean the coil via dryburn, remove the wick and replace it with a biocotton wick.
    Making biocotton wicks is basically free because you can use 100% organic cotton balls from the grocery store. A bag of cotton costs like $2 and will last you a lifetime.

I have 5 atomizers which I use in rotation and haven't bought a new one yet and suspect it's gonna take at least a year before the coils in them eventually fail.

A 5-pack of tanks costs around 7 dollars and you can also buy replacement caps for them.

The batteries last at least half a year depending on how much you vape. I'm still running the two I bought initially, vape between 2 and 3 ml juice a day and they're still doing fine after 7 months.

So yeah, it's *very* cheap.
    Harleybarbie and Iamno1 like this.

My attys cost $20 for a box of 5 or $4.00 a piece. Tanks are 3.00 a box of 5. I'm happy with the attys. The only two I've lost entirely in a year are ones I pulled the wire loose on trying to clean with a brush... not trying that again. Other than those, all mine are still doing fine with just soak and rinse cleaning. Tanks need replacing more than anything as the fill hole stretches out but I've seen caps for them for about the same price for a box of 10 so will be buying those next.
    Last edited by patkin; 01-11-2014 at 11:06 PM.
    Harleybarbie likes this.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I've used a lot of higher end PVs and thought the vape on the eRoll was fantastic. Pleasantly surprised.

TC's given: ~9/27/12~ ~ 11/17/2012~~04/01/2013/TC rec'd: 03/09/2013

If the battery tests at 3.7 volts and the atty ohms test out at 1.8 or 2.2 (whatever they're supposed to be) there's no difference... high-end/low-end... its just a tube holding the battery and atty. The rest is just about safety and looks. Personally, I think the Joye atty is one of the best no matter what its put in (IE: Eroll or Joye CC) and is exactly why it is also one of the highest priced.

Senior Member ECF Veteran hurricanegirl100's Avatar

Mine's gathering dust. Didn't care for it at all. The tanks are too small, the vapor production was anemic, and the heads are proprietary (can't use them in any of my other gear) and a little on the pricey side. If you want mine, you can have it. I'm serious. If you're in the U.S. (I'm too lazy to fight with Customs) I'll send it out to you. Two batteries, two cones, the charging cable, wall charger, the whole thing. The only thing you'd need to buy are the tanks and the heads. It might as well make SOMEBODY happy lol! Send me a PM.
    ke7in11 likes this.

Sorry to hear you're not happy. I love mine and get plumes of vapor. Maybe its the juice... dunno... but 3.7 volts even with a SR atty should produce way more than "anemic." Mine produces as much vapor as any other clearo I have... more than some. I also use the heads in my Joye CC clearos with ego batts so I get double mileage out of them. Unless you have a lot of gear, you might think about keeping them for backup. That is, unless someone who can't afford much gear comes along.
    hurricanegirl100 likes this.

Senior Member ECF Veteran hurricanegirl100's Avatar

I'm still happy, Patkin! Currently vaping away on a SmokTech PBC V2 perched on top of a VV Apollo. One of the great things about vaping is that there's something out there for just about everybody. Whether it's a little tiny eRoll, a two hundred dollar mech mod, or a twenty dollah Vision Spinner (love the Spinner!) isn't a big deal. E-cigarettes freed me from a 31 year PAD smoking habit. And THAT'S what really matters!

Kevin might enjoy the heck out of his new eRoll! I'll find out later on this week!
    ke7in11 and patkin like this.

forgot about the header!

Yeh, I get it. Glad to hear. For me, preferring the form factor out and about, there's nothing better. I compare it to others for that and they can't touch it. With home setup its somewhere between apples and oranges.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast