Just got my Eroll
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Just got my Eroll

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Just got my Eroll

I just got my Eroll in the mail and have been playing around with it. I made sure to fully charge the battery right away but I am having two major problems right now.

1 - The flavor is very muted

2 - I am getting almost no throat hit at all

The flavor isn't the biggest issue, but the fact that I am getting almost no throat hit at all really sucks. I am using a brand new atomizer and have taken about 10 hits so far. Does the atomizer need to break in or something? Everyone on this forum raves about this thing and yet I am feeling seriously let down. I even tried an 18mg/ml juice (I usually use 12mg/ml) and it has barely made a difference.

If anyone has had this problem and found a way around it I would be very happy to hear about it.

Without knowing what juice you're vaping, I don't know. IE: if its 100% VG, there won't be much TH no matter what setup you use. High PG coupled with high nic will give the greatest TH. In the Eroll, I usually vape 24mg or even 36mg, depending on how I'm going to vape, in high or 100% PG. For me, there's TH that equals the full flavored menthols I used to smoke... maybe even more than that. Maybe someone who vapes higher VG will come along with an answer.
    Charley Crystal likes this.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by patkin View Post
    Without knowing what juice you're vaping, I don't know. IE: if its 100% VG, there won't be much TH no matter what setup you use. High PG coupled with high nic will give the greatest TH. In the Eroll, I usually vape 24mg or even 36mg, depending on how I'm going to vape, in high or 100% PG. For me, there's TH that equals the full flavored menthols I used to smoke... maybe even more than that. Maybe someone who vapes higher VG will come along with an answer.
    I don't vape high VG. I vape 80PG/20VG juices and the highest I have tried is 1.8% nic in the Eroll and I am getting no throat hit. I threw the same juice in my mini protank 3 and get a really strong throat hit. I mean, I wasn't expecting the same throat hit I get on my tank/MVP2 but damn, no throat hit at all? I wasn't expecting to go up to 2.4% or 3.6% nic just to get a throat hit.

I don't understand why this is happening because the vapor production is pretty decent but there is very limited flavor and no throat hit. I feel extremely let down...

I'm sorry you're "let down." Personally, I can't relate. I love my Eroll. Yes, compared to just about any clearo taste is muted but the type of juice used solves that problem. But the TH for me is, in fact, harder on the Eroll than some clearos I've used. I have to wonder what's going on with your setup. Are both the batts in your kit giving you less TH? Is it a kit even? Do you have more than on batt to compare? What resistance are your atties? What vendor did you buy from? Just trying to help out as the experience you're having sure isn't mine.
    Harleybarbie likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

What voltage are you running that liquid at on the MVP? The eRoll is going to be fixed at 3.7 volts. If the voltage you need to get a good experience on the MVP is way out of that range... could just be that liquid is not going to work well at the voltage output of the eRoll.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by patkin View Post
    I'm sorry you're "let down." Personally, I can't relate. I love my Eroll. Yes, compared to just about any clearo taste is muted but the type of juice used solves that problem. But the TH for me is, in fact, harder on the Eroll than some clearos I've used. I have to wonder what's going on with your setup. Are both the batts in your kit giving you less TH? Is it a kit even? Do you have more than on batt to compare? What resistance are your atties? What vendor did you buy from? Just trying to help out as the experience you're having sure isn't mine.
    Well I purposefully purchased a juice with more TH and flavor because I figured that would help, but it didn't. I honestly thought that the flavor would be similar to my RDA considering there is barely any wick in the atty on these things.

Yes, I purchased a full kit from LiteCig. Both batteries work the same. However, I did notice that my batteries only have one air hole. I thought that these batts had 2 air holes. Do yours only have one air hole (not including the air hole at the end of the battery where it lights up, I am talking about the ones towards the threading that are easy to cover)? Not sure of the resistance on the attys, they are the standard ones that come with the kit (I would imagine 2-2.5 ohm).

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Rickajho View Post
    What voltage are you running that liquid at on the MVP? The eRoll is going to be fixed at 3.7 volts. If the voltage you need to get a good experience on the MVP is way out of that range... could just be that liquid is not going to work well at the voltage output of the eRoll.
    That's the thing, I started running the same juice I use in my eroll on my MVP at 3.7V to see if I just didn't like the power output but that is not the case. I am using a 2ohm coil on my MVP (Kanger Aerotank) and I think the ones in the eroll are a similar resistance so the wattage to the attys must be similar, if not the same.

ECF Veteran

Also, the draw is so tight on the eroll. If I take a really slow drag (which is how I used to blow clouds with any other cig-a-like) I sometimes notice that the battery isn't even being activated. So I am forced to take hard drags which results in less vapor production because the attys don't have time to really vaporize the liquid before it's pulled into my mouth.

Overall I think the design on the eroll is great. It definitely has a high quality feel, but the performance is seriously lacking. Maybe I just had my hopes to high. If I can't find a solution and get this working to my expectations at least this would have made me realize that no cig-a-like is going to satisfy me.

I might just give the Halo G6 another try. I had one a while back but I can't remember how it preformed. I remember liking it but I sold it after I purchased my Halo Triton (my first tank system/ego batteries).

Maybe the extra powder output from the LR attys could help. But I feel that the vape on these erolls are so hot already that if I get the LR attys I will just have a lot less flavor.

By the time I am finished taking a drag off the eroll the vape is so hot that it kind of puts a strange taste on my tongue. I am not really getting any burning taste, it's just so hot that it feels weird. I think a straight up tobacco juice would taste good in this thing since it give that really hot vape that tobacco juices usually require to be even more like an analog (which isn't what I am going for here, but might be the only satisfaction I get from these batts).

I'm really at a loss here is about all I can say. The vapor from my dozen+ batteries is not hot. The TH and drag are the most similar to a smoke I've found and that's exactly why I use it... not a weak TH nor a hard draw... and the vapor is definitely not hot... depending on my juice, I would put it feeling the same as a smoke... IE: menthol or Koolada would cool it down. The only time there's a too hard draw is if I've partially covered the air hole accidentally and just move my finger. BTW, there's only one air hole on the Eroll. Speaking of that, the only other thing I can think of is maybe you got some juice in the tank's air channels. If so, the way to get it off is by removing the mouth caps... plural, there's a small one inside... and blowing them out. All-in-all, the Eroll was designed to simulate a smoke... not a clearo vape... and it does just that for me.
    Last edited by patkin; 04-17-2014 at 05:32 PM.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Cave123 View Post
    Also, the draw is so tight on the eroll. If I take a really slow drag (which is how I used to blow clouds with any other cig-a-like) I sometimes notice that the battery isn't even being activated. So I am forced to take hard drags which results in less vapor production because the attys don't have time to really vaporize the liquid before it's pulled into my mouth.

Overall I think the design on the eroll is great. It definitely has a high quality feel, but the performance is seriously lacking. Maybe I just had my hopes to high. If I can't find a solution and get this working to my expectations at least this would have made me realize that no cig-a-like is going to satisfy me.

I might just give the Halo G6 another try. I had one a while back but I can't remember how it preformed. I remember liking it but I sold it after I purchased my Halo Triton (my first tank system/ego batteries).

Maybe the extra powder output from the LR attys could help. But I feel that the vape on these erolls are so hot already that if I get the LR attys I will just have a lot less flavor.

By the time I am finished taking a drag off the eroll the vape is so hot that it kind of puts a strange taste on my tongue. I am not really getting any burning taste, it's just so hot that it feels weird. I think a straight up tobacco juice would taste good in this thing since it give that really hot vape that tobacco juices usually require to be even more like an analog (which isn't what I am going for here, but might be the only satisfaction I get from these batts).

I've never gotten much throat hit from my eRoll. My only comparison is to a regular old Joye 510 and I think the eRoll produces a cooler and more flavorful vapor that than, but with less throat hit. The only other tanks I've ever tried are the 510 nanos and, while they had stronger flavor than the eRoll, they always started leaking and/or flooding by the 3rd refill. I gave up on them quickly.

I've had a few eRoll batteries that were a little finicky when they were new. Basically, whatever it is inside the battery that's supposed to activate it when you inhale was slow to engage. It's like it took stronger airflow to make the battery come on. Within a few days of use, it would then be fine, though. Maybe that's what's going on here? If so, you'll notice a distinct change in pressure when you inhale—like the air isn't moving through the battery and then something shifts and it does. Try taking a quick primer puff before a slow drag and see if that helps.

Another thing you can do is momentarily put your finger over the air hole. Be careful about doing that too much, though, because it'll pull more liquid into the atomizer. If it gets too saturated, it'll ooze out the bottom of the atomizer a little and onto the battery contacts.

Oh, now that I think about it, maybe you've been partially covering the air hole without realizing it. That would cause a tighter draw. But if that's not the case, one way to ease the draw a little bit is to remove the inner disc in the air chamber of the tank. Use a paperclip or something similar to pop the mouth piece off and then pry out the little disc below it. I remove that piece from all of mine.
    jjcordone likes this.
    Smoke-free since Oct '09 thanks to ecigs!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast