Do you carry tanks, a bottle, or neither?

View Poll Results: What do you carry with your eRoll?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • a bottle of juice or Ucan for refilling

8 29.63%
  • extra filled tanks

13 48.15%
  • 2 or more complete eRolls

5 18.52%
  • None of the above, 1 tank is enough

1 3.70%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Do you carry tanks, a bottle, or neither?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Do you carry tanks, a bottle, or neither?

Hey eRollers. So last year I got an eRoll, but didn't give it enough of a chance and gave it to a friend. Well as a personal challenge, I bought another eRoll kit last week and have been forcing myself to leave the house with this as the only device in my pocket. And... it's going great! I love this thing. I think I just had to get the "Rarrrr, must buy bigger mods! More tanks!" mentality out of my system to really appreciate it. But the eRoll truly does bring a lot of familiar (dare I say nostalgic) qualities to the table, including the form factor, warmth, auto switch, and convenience of pulling it out of the PCC assembled.

With that said, the only thing I have to get used to is re-filling it on the go. I've been carrying a single eRoll in the PCC with a needle tip bottle, and it's borderline embarrassing every time I whip the bottle out to refill on the sidewalk. But I feel it's probably less time consuming than fumbling with a Tic Tac box, silicone caps, etc.

So I thought I'd make a little poll out of curiosity. Do you carry a needle tip bottle or Ucan with you? Do you carry extra filled tanks? Or do you just carry a pile of complete eRolls? Let's hear it.

ECF Veteran

Note: I "reported" my own thread to have it moved.

My message was "Mods, please move this to the Polls forum. I didn't realize there was a separate home for polls. Sorry!"

ECF Veteran

I carry a little needle tip bottle of juice with me and fill my eRoll tanks as needed. I have a Ucan too, but I don't use it. I don't like how heavy it is or that I can't see how much is left in it.

I just never really got a groove with swapping tanks. Except when driving, I think it's simpler to just refill on the go. Though I have been known to refill my tank while sitting at traffic lights

What I almost always have with me are two 5ml bottles of juice, 2 eRolls, 2 eRoll PCCs (one being actively used, the other as a back-up in case the first one dies), a trusty old Joye 510 with cartridge and mini eGo battery, and 2 spare mini eGo batteries. I always carry more than I need. It doesn't take up much space, though. Aside from the 2 PCCs, everything fits easily in a little digital camera pouch.
    four2109 and Harleybarbie like this.
    Smoke-free since Oct '09 thanks to ecigs!

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by machinestatic View Post
    Note: I "reported" my own thread to have it moved.

My message was "Mods, please move this to the Polls forum. I didn't realize there was a separate home for polls. Sorry!"

I'm sure it's fine for it to be posted here since it's specific to eRoll users.

I carry a pile of filled erolls (10) and a PCC. I do that for a few reasons 1) don't like filling while out 2) feels similar to pack of smokes in both size and convenience 3) saving tanks.....The more often they're taken off to refill and replaced, the quicker the hole breaks down. That's one thing about carrying a pile of filled ones,... the tanks must fit well (still snap when put on) or a single leak can mess up the whole pile. Once they're no longer "like new," I only risk using them at home.
    four2109 likes this.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

I tend to carry some juice and extra battery, usually a 18350 or 18500 when away from home for a day. I carry a Nemesis in either of the two smaller modes with a kick 2 and a Kayfun lite+ Nano setup. I have a screw driver on my key ring for filling.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by telsie View Post
    I have a Ucan too, but I don't use it. I don't like how heavy it is or that I can't see how much is left in it.
    When I first saw the Ucan online I REALLY wanted one, but then I read more and more forum posts about them leaking after only a couple weeks. That's really disappointing, as I always have a big keychain on my belt loop and it'd be perfect. Does yours leak?

Quote Originally Posted by telsie View Post
    I just never really got a groove with swapping tanks.
    I'm going to give it a shot for a little while. I slapped some eRoll tanks into a little case I have that came with some 808 cartos, and I'll cary that around. As far as carrying a bottle goes, I'll have to order some 5ml's. The one I have is 10ml and it's overkill.

Did you guys also get the carry case that you put the PCC and second battery in? Is it a winner?
    Harleybarbie likes this.

ECF Veteran

When I first saw the Ucan online I REALLY wanted one, but then I read more and more forum posts about them leaking after only a couple weeks. That's really disappointing, as I always have a big keychain on my belt loop and it'd be perfect. Does yours leak?
    Mine didn't leak, no. I used it for several weeks and had no problems. In case you decide to get one, I'll share a couple tips:

1. Check the threads for metal shavings when you first get it. My threads were very sharp and had some loose slivers. I guess after cutting in the threads, the manufacturer skipped whatever the step is that cleans off the metal shavings. I wadded up a paper towel and rubbed the threads to get the slivers off.

2. When you take the top off to refill it (not the cap, I mean the top piece that has the needle tip), there's always a little juice in it from being turned upside down when you use it. If you don't wipe that out, that juice can run down into the threads (and potentially ooze out) as you screw it back together.

I'm not sure if either of those things were factors in other people having leaks, but I think both were potentials.

I'm going to give it a shot for a little while. I slapped some eRoll tanks into a little case I have that came with some 808 cartos, and I'll cary that around. As far as carrying a bottle goes, I'll have to order some 5ml's. The one I have is 10ml and it's overkill.

Did you guys also get the carry case that you put the PCC and second battery in? Is it a winner?
    I never bought the PCC carry case. Since I've usually got one eRoll in the PCC and the other in my hand, I didn't see the point

Super Member ECF Veteran

I've never had a leak with my U-Can, but I'm conscious of the mechanics of o-ring seals, and never overtighten the tank seal or the cap. An o-ring that is over-compressed will deform and eventually leak paths will form ...

It seems counter-intuitive, but tighter does not always make a good seal. Just tighten gently until you feel the first compression of the seal, and a fraction of a turn more. The threads of the U-Can are coarse, doesn't take much to create more linear motion ...

Also, as was mentioned above, wiping out any excess juice will prevent seepage ...

That being said, the U-Can is not something I carry in my pocket. Too heavy, I'd rather carry enough eRoll tanks for the day, usually two or three ...
    jav74 likes this.

Default Do you carry tanks, a bottle, or neither?

I use eroll carry case with 2 erolls.in small ego case i put one more eroll with clean aty and tank and 2 bottles of diferent ejuices...i refill tanks when goes empty...also i have backup pcc at work(and have another eroll in there)...maybe i am funny but i have situation to empty complete pcc and have emergency call in hospital(i am m.d)and become very nervous.. Because i don't have backup pcc.next day i bought new pcc and after that never stay without battery...i know that i need ecig with more power and tank capacity but in my job i couldntn use that big stuff....eroll is perfect
    Harleybarbie likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast