Korean vaping?
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Panga13
  • 1 Post By Panga13
  • 1 Post By Lodie187
  • 1 Post By Lodie187

Thread: Korean vaping?

Default Korean vaping?

Hello I'm a Korean American who is interested in teaching English in Korea. I just want to know how popular vaping is there? Are there a lot of stores in Seoul? Is vaping allowed in public places?

I will probably try to get placed in Seoul. I haven't been to Korea in over 10 years. So I don't know about anything there anymore! I hear I won't even recognize Seoul cause it has gotten much bigger and crowded...

And curious if anyone has ordered from fasttech? Wondering how long a order usually takes to arrive there? Its got to be faster than coming here to the US!

Full Member Verified Member

Hi James

There are quite a few ecig stores around but they are very expensive. Some are better than others. Most of the decent stuff is on Korean web-malls.

I order from FastTech. It does seem to be quiicker than to the US but not necessarily by much. The slow bit of FT is your stuff actually leaving the shipping country (normally) Singapore. Post inside Korea is very fast. Normally shipping to delivery is 12-15 days for me in Busan.

Some people vape but not that many especially in public. Ecigs are well enough known that it is not an alien concept to most people here. Vaping is legal. I get stared at especially when I'm using a big atty (like a taifun) on a mod. I get stared at when I'm not vaping here anyway. Guessing less so for a Korean American. Beyonfd the funny looks I've never had trouble vaping here. In 5 months of vaping I have only seen 4 locals vaping. Always egos w/ clearos.

There is nothing I have needed/wanted here that I have not been easily able to get over the internet from Chinese/US suppliers including juice, diy bits, kanthal. 18650 batteries is the only tough thing due to shipping but they can be got locally.
    James C likes this.

Thanks so much panga! I do most of my shopping for vaping through the internet anyway. I'm just scared if I do go to Korea, I get sucked back into smoking analogs! So I need to have a security blanket lol. Now I'm hoping I can bring my batts and clearos and my vast array of juices through customs when I get there. Guess I'll have to research that.

Full Member Verified Member

You should be fine with customs, I've never heard of an issues. In theory the juices should have duty (600won/ml?) paid on them but I think you would be very unlucky to get stung for that.
    James C likes this.

That would be almost the price of what I paid for the juices themselves! Knock on wood!!

Full Member Supporting Member

You won't have to worry about going through customs with your ecig stuff. I went through just fine with clearo's, batteries, and liquid.
    James C likes this.

Thanks lodie! What a relief lol!

Full Member Supporting Member

yes it is i had the same worries. For vaping purposes on the plane, use the bathroom and vape away from the door. I blew mine into the mini garbage disposal haha
    James C likes this.

Hahaha thanks for the tip! I'll def do that!