End cap modification for autos
I wanted to share something I figured out last night, not sure if this has been posted before or not (couldn't find anything in search). I recently ordered some of the "sealed" Kanger KR808D-1 autos from Health Cabin and was noticing that I was having to take a pretty hard draw at times to get it to fire and would frequently take draws without it firing. Last night I removed the end-cap and notched out the little "air channels" that are on each side of the end-cap. There is recessed plastic that allows air to flow in from the sides of the end cap, i basically removed that thin barrier of plastic altogether with a pocket knife gently. The change is not noticeable visibly, but functionally that made a big difference. Activation is much easier when drawing and I no longer have issues with taking draws and no firing.
Figured I would pass that along. I have since made this mod on all my KR808D-1 autos.
Thanks, I'll look into this. I've noticed some inconsistency with batteries too, but what I've done is altered the screw on the bottom of cartos instead. For some reason, problematic batteries start working that way, but it'd be easier to fix the batts themselves.
Originally Posted by chinsk