How long does the cartomizer last on the kr808d-1
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: How long does the cartomizer last on the kr808d-1

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Default How long does the cartomizer last on the kr808d-1

I am wondering if the kr808d-1 might be a more economical solution if one were to ensure the carts never dry out by refilling.

I can by a pack of five cartomizers for less than $10, while for my 510 a pack of five atomizers goes for around $40. I'm thinking that instead of stocking up on a lot of atomizers I might as well save the money on cartomizers.

For those of you that have had one of these, and refilled the carts ensuring the wick would soak up some liquid before use. How long would the average cartomizer last you?

Senior Member ECF Veteran Nietzsc's Avatar

I've never used a cartomizer and been wondering the same thing about the price. But I don't know how much time they last. Regular atomizers last for me around 2-3 weeks.

Anyone??

Super Member ECF Veteran

I can take 'em about a week of regular use before they start getting funky. I'm assuming this can be fixed by rinsing them out, but haven't felt compelled yet to do so, considering I spent about a buck each on them.

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimik View Post
    I am wondering if the kr808d-1 might be a more economical solution if one were to ensure the carts never dry out by refilling.

I can by a pack of five cartomizers for less than $10, while for my 510 a pack of five atomizers goes for around $40. I'm thinking that instead of stocking up on a lot of atomizers I might as well save the money on cartomizers.

For those of you that have had one of these, and refilled the carts ensuring the wick would soak up some liquid before use. How long would the average cartomizer last you?
    In the ones I've been trying lately Vapor King and Puresmokers cartos have lasted around 2 hours - got 2:15 out of one. This was not power vaping but it wasn't leaving it around for a while either. These gave pretty good vapor - a bit less than the 901 but not clouds like a 510. And there was an 'underflavor' on each that I didn't care for.

The Vapor4Life cartos didn't have the underflavor and the flavors were quite good, esp. the cuban cigar, but the vapor itself was closer to a supermini vapor and they lasted just over an hour on the same type of vaping. Too bad you can't combine the two types both the length, vapor and flavor. But so far I haven't found that one yet.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Katmar's Avatar

Nietzsc,
    I just keep refilling my cartomizers. Not sure how many times, but well over 20-30 and haven't gotten the burny taste or loss of flavor. The secret seems to be that as SOON as the flavor fades a bit, refill. Works for me, and I have to be frugal. Way cheaper than cigs.
    Szn122 likes this.

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Katmar View Post
    The secret seems to be that as SOON as the flavor fades a bit, refill.
    Good to know. Thanks!

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Pre-filled cartomizers last about 5 refills.then they start tasting bad, and the throat hit is gone.
    They also start to look yellow.
    Yak.

The blank carts is a different story.
    They stay clean, throat hit is good for about 3 days.
    I do have 2 going at the same time, I fill one and put it aside, use the one I filled before.
    And so on.

I throw them away because they taste bad, not because they don't work anymore.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Katmar View Post
    Nietzsc,
    I just keep refilling my cartomizers. Not sure how many times, but well over 20-30 and haven't gotten the burny taste or loss of flavor. The secret seems to be that as SOON as the flavor fades a bit, refill. Works for me, and I have to be frugal. Way cheaper than cigs.

Yeah, that's been my experience as well. It's an almost musty taste I think, which is A) awful and B) reason enough to stop vaping it and refill

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Katmar's Avatar

Kent C,
    You are wlcome
    emberl,
    I respectfully disagree. Mine are still white inside, after, at LEAST, 20 refills, and the flavor is great. I ALWAYS refill as soon as I notice the taste fading. These are the generic kr808s, along with V4L.

Senior Member ECF Veteran Nietzsc's Avatar

Well, for the price of cartomizers it sounds just great!! what about performance (vapor, throat hit, flavor) compared to regular atomizers?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast