Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: KR808D-1 Low voltage/variable voltage passthroughs?

  1. #11
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Yeah, my pass-through is manual. I have that and two batteries going at the moment, my first was a cig20 auto which is still working fine though battery life is getting low. I also have a manual battery. My friend wanted to try the manual and was just sitting there holding the button down till it automatically turned off, THEN trying to drag and complaining it had nothing. (

    To be fair I find the auto a little more copacetic myself. I have been experimenting with cartomizers, refilling and using on all three devices, using syringe or dripping directly. I think I can handle keeping the autos safe while doing so, it really doesnt seem that hard so far.

  2. #12
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Faylool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Sweet Home, Oregon USA
    Posts
    2,797

    Default

    Worth the effort. Thats half the appeal Auto. the eRoll uses tank atty and is Auto. I think there is an auto battery lovers thread somewhere I havent checked it out. Might have some useful info.
    Done riding for awhile. ( Equine )

  3. #13
    Super Member ECF Veteran IndyJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Faylool View Post
    Most cartos for the kr808-d are boge frowhat i was reading.
    Kanger makes a good bottom coil carto for the 808. Smokeless Image also sells a good bottom coil carto for the 808, they may be kangers, i don't believe they have ever said

  4. #14
    Super Member ECF Veteran IndyJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arker View Post
    Interesting.

    I had gone through several lists of adapters and only found adapters the other way - to use the 510 battery with the 808d1 cart but not the other way around. As you say, once I knew exactly what I was looking for it's a google away. Thread Adapter | 808D-1 to 510 - EVcigarettes.com Adapter for connecting a DSE901 or KR808D-1 battery with a Joye510 atomizer

    I also did not know the 901 and 808 are interchangeable, but again a bit of googling seems to confirm it. Nice thread from only a few months back here: The Differences Between 808 Batteries

    I appreciate the help.
    i recently got an adapter for an 808 batt to 510 devices. it worked with my manual 808 but not with my autos, perhaps because they are the "sealed" autos that SI sells
    Last edited by IndyJones; 05-10-2013 at 08:44 PM.

  5. #15
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyJones View Post
    Kanger makes a good bottom coil carto for the 808. Smokeless Image also sells a good bottom coil carto for the 808, they may be kangers, i don't believe they have ever said
    I have so far gotten cartos from myvaporstore and from a local store that manages crazy low prices and carries V2 and Cig20 branded cartos. The Cig20 branded ones are slightly different, 1-2mm longer, with a two-piece plug for the mouthpiece, but the others appear to be exactly the same down to every detail except the printing on the plastic wrapper. Think they are Kangers but cant seem to find the reason I think that.
    Last edited by Arker; 05-10-2013 at 09:21 PM.

  6. #16
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Johnnie Price's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Waldorf, MD
    Posts
    1,977
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyJones View Post
    i recently got an adapter for an 808 batt to 510 devices. it worked with my manual 808 but not with my autos, perhaps because they are the "sealed" autos that SI sells
    Most 808 batteries these days are sealed. As I mentioned earlier, for an adapter to work properly on a sealed 808 automatic it must be slotted through the center post on the 808 connection in the same manner as an 808 cartomizer. Otherwise, air will not flow properly into the battery to activate the automatic switch.

    I've used an 801 and an eGo adapter from Mad Vapes and both were slotted properly and worked flawlessly. I've even used the center pin from those adapters to modify other adapters to make them work properly. I have a 510 adapter on order from Mad Vapes now, and I'm sure it will be slotted properly as well.

    Currently there is no adapter that allows you to use 901 atomizers on sealed 808's. There is a 901-808 adapter, but these are designed to allow slotted 808 atomizers to work on automatic 901 batteries. If the center pin is slotted, or you have one from another source, you can modify this adapter to allow 901 atomizers to work on 808 autos.

    You can also use the center pin from an 808 cartomizer to "repair" your current adapter. However, in my experience, 808 cartomizers have a longer center pin than most adapters so you may have to be careful not to over-tighten your atomizer or you may damage the center pin on it or the battery.

    I've even had a SmokTech 808 cartomizer which wouldn't fire on my 808. It was slotted through the center post, but I can only assume the slot wasn't deep enough because the battery wouldn't fire. Thankfully I had my modified 901 adapter so I was able to use it after all. I've since moved away from cartos, so I'm not sure if this was just a bad one or if it is typical of SmokTech.

    My primary device is a sealed 808 automatic with a 510 adapter and an eGo-C atomizer. I did have to take a 1 mm drill bit to make a hole in the eGo-C base since they are only available sealed, but once I did it works like a dream. The 510 adapter is even hidden under the eGo-C base so I have a nice flush look with my Echo.

    Do not buy adapters from Avid Vapor or Value Vapor for use on sealed 808 automatics. They are not slotted properly and will not work without adaptation.

  7. #17
    Super Member ECF Veteran IndyJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    664

    Default

    an well thought out explanation Johnie. thank you. My only interest was in using my sealed 808 batts with 510 cartos as I make the conversion from 808 to 510. Do i understand that I can either have a slot in post of the 808 batt (as opposed to a slot in the theaded part, which would be much easier for me to create with a simple hacksaw i assume) or a slot in the adapter?

  8. #18
    Super Member ECF Veteran IndyJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arker View Post
    I have so far gotten cartos from myvaporstore and from a local store that manages crazy low prices and carries V2 and Cig20 branded cartos. The Cig20 branded ones are slightly different, 1-2mm longer, with a two-piece plug for the mouthpiece, but the others appear to be exactly the same down to every detail except the printing on the plastic wrapper. Think they are Kangers but cant seem to find the reason I think that.
    you may be able distinguish the cartos by performance. the only sure way is to dissect the carto. With a bottom coil carto the filler material can be removed easily and you will see no wire or coil. I had a much harder time removing the filler material from a boge carto because it was packed more tightly but mostly because there is a wire attached to the bottom running up alongside the air tube with a wrapped coil. i had to break the wire to do it. the boge i dissected had a large burn hole in the filler around the coil which no doubt was the cause of the unavoidable burnt taste.

    This construction is why i greatly prefer the kanger or SI carto to other cartos. While i may get some burnt taste when the carto is very low on liquid, it does not get a permanent burnt taste caused by actually burning the filler, which can occur much more easily when the coil is suspended vertically in the middle of the carto and there is not an ample amount of liquid in the carto. I suppose this could be mitigated by keeping the carto on it's side, assuming you knew which side of the carto the coil was on. With a bottom coil carto the usual position of the carto, bottom end down, keeps the liquid close to the coil. the filler shouldn't burn if it is wet.

    you can get a 5 pack of 808 kanger cartos for $8 at good prophets or, with discount code SIVOLT50, about $7.50 at SI
    Last edited by IndyJones; 05-11-2013 at 05:15 AM.
    Faylool likes this.

  9. #19
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Faylool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Sweet Home, Oregon USA
    Posts
    2,797

    Default

    Being an eRoll fan im giving the 510-t atties a go. Not finding 3.00 ohm....yet and wanting needle pierce type not ss nmesh. Anyone know what im talking about?
    Done riding for awhile. ( Equine )

  10. #20
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Johnnie Price's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Waldorf, MD
    Posts
    1,977
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyJones View Post
    an well thought out explanation Johnie. thank you. My only interest was in using my sealed 808 batts with 510 cartos as I make the conversion from 808 to 510. Do i understand that I can either have a slot in post of the 808 batt (as opposed to a slot in the theaded part, which would be much easier for me to create with a simple hacksaw i assume) or a slot in the adapter?
    I imagine a slot in the battery would work, but I've yet to hear of anyone doing that to a working battery. Then again, I've yet to hear of anyone using a hacksaw to modify a center pin, so let me know how that works out for you.

    Whether on the battery or the carto, the slot has to be there for the air to reach the automatic switch on a sealed battery. I believe the first sealed 808's had the slot on the battery rather than the cartomizer. I have heard of people who have slotted the center pin of a 901 atomizer to allow them to work on sealed automatics, so I know it will work. But since i don't own a dremel, I'm too lazy to put that much effort into it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •