KR808D-1 Low voltage/variable voltage passthroughs?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: KR808D-1 Low voltage/variable voltage passthroughs?

Default KR808D-1 Low voltage/variable voltage passthroughs?

I got a passthrough which I was very happy with at first, but the more I experiment and get a clue what I am doing the less I like it. It's passing through the full 5v of the usb cable, not the more tame 3.6-ish that my batteries put out, and with most of my liquids that just doesnt produce as pleasant an experience as I get with the battery. Has anyone else gone through this? Are there regulated passthroughs available somewhere that I am missing?

And I am sure this is a closely related question, I was looking at clearomizers and find they come with different resistances. The higher resistance models are probably more suitable for use on the passthrough than on the batteries I am thinking, but if there is a clear explanation of what should be used with what anywhere I seem to have missed it.

Any help/pointers appreciated.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I vape mostly fruit and i like my flavor with high resistance atties because they get too close to burned tase with low reserve. I use the 5 volt passthough like yours. I buy 3.00 3.2 3.5 ohm. Morecontrol. When i had 2.4 ohm on it i held the power switch shorter time. I have an auto and a manual. The auto i use bottom coil Kanger atties at 3.00 ohm ( they might be 3.2 phm) The manual I drip 901s 3.00 ohm. Im not careful enough to drip an auto and would ruin the battery because it can get down inside it. Most cartos for the kr808-d are boge frowhat i was reading. I learned all 808s will work except 808-2s. Hope this helps. Oh and Im not a fan of clearos but i try some every now and then. Dont think they are great for autos, again all clearos leak onto the connection a little and that worries me. A carto will too if you overfill it. Anyway. Youre right 5 volt vaping is for a higher ohm. You can pop your atty if you go too low. Kill it
    Last edited by Faylool; 05-09-2013 at 11:50 AM.
    Done riding for awhile. ( Equine )

Where do you get 3-3.5 ohm? Everything I am looking at either doesnt give resistance or lists 2.4-2.8.

The cartos I have gotten from various sources appear to actually represent only two model from no more than two factories, and none of the suppliers I have dealt with say anything about resistance. There are clearomizers from the same place I got my passthrough that have resistance as an option but the only options are 2.4 and 2.8 ( KR808D1 Cartomizers )

I was recommended smokeless image as another source for 808 stuff, they dont appear to list resistance on any 808 compatible items, and their X2 only clearomizer is 2.6 or 2.9.
    Faylool likes this.

ECF Veteran

ElectronicStix.Com Joye Tech 510 Atomizer 3.0 OHM Standard Resistance

Also some other brands at Avid Vaper. Not all in stock. They might not be discount but the last a long time when you blow them clean a couple times a day and use clearer juices, not dark

Oh oh oh. Sorry. Most the places sell the adapter so you need an adapter 808 to 510
    Ive been stuck on atties all week. Carto? I still recommend a 510 -kanger bottom coil. Let me check where those are and get back.

808 I dont know. But 901 fits 808. Google the 901 cartomizer 3.00 ohm or 808 and might find someone who sells. Do not buy if they dont say what ohms are. Imo those people cause more problems. They just want to sell stuff and dont care enough to put info out there

http://thevapestoreonline.com/index....k=1&Itemid=199

This isnt where i got mine but same thing. I forget where i got mine and recently cleared my email trash and old emails. Sometimes you can find stuff just describing it. Ha ha i have described things i wish i could have and sometimes alibaba has it!

Double check these are horizontal coil. kanger cartomizer lie these is new to me since I just started that 5 volt passthrough a month ago. Usually i use atties
    Last edited by Faylool; 05-10-2013 at 06:28 AM.

Interesting.

I had gone through several lists of adapters and only found adapters the other way - to use the 510 battery with the 808d1 cart but not the other way around. As you say, once I knew exactly what I was looking for it's a google away. Thread Adapter | 808D-1 to 510 - EVcigarettes.com Adapter for connecting a DSE901 or KR808D-1 battery with a Joye510 atomizer

I also did not know the 901 and 808 are interchangeable, but again a bit of googling seems to confirm it. Nice thread from only a few months back here: The Differences Between 808 Batteries

I appreciate the help.
    Faylool likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

You are using a manual passthrough, right? If you're using an auto, 901 threaded atomizers will not fire on a "sealed' 808 due to differences in airflow. Also, if you use an auto then you need to get the proper adapter to get other devices working on your 808. I've had the best luck with the adapters from Mad Vapes.

Value Vapor is a good place to check out for high voltage 901 equipment.
    Faylool likes this.

ECF Veteran

Also, where they sell 808 pass throughs a long with 501 901 808 device choices on their site youll probably see the adapters. Remember not to drip an auto battery and be sure the wall charger adapter or cigarette lighter charger adapter is 2 amp for 5 volt passthroughs and that the car ( like if its old like mine, very old 25 years) has the right wiring to support 2 amp

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

You can drip on autos, but you may kill a battery or two until you get the hang of it. I only drip and I only use autos, though I did kill 2 of my minis until I learned how to drip without excessive leaking.

ECF Veteran

I should do it because atties are better taste. the Kanger horizontil coil when new tastes good though! i draw it a couple pre draws lightly and then a longnpull and they are very satisfying. My next venture is to put a tank on 510 tank atty for snapping tanks on and try out but havent seen a 3 ohm yet. Not looking hard. If that works out as well or better than kanger carto horizontal ill be having fun! I love love love auto batteries. Especially for that mindless puff puff past time type enjoyment rather than going for the goods.But you say the adapter I use must be auto friendly...correct?
    Last edited by Faylool; 05-10-2013 at 06:41 PM.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

If your auto is sealed, then yes. For the adapter to work properly it has to be slotted on the 808 connection, just like a cartomizer. As I said, I've had the best luck with the ones from Mad Vapes.
    Faylool likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast