5-volt Mods for Cartomizers
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: 5-volt Mods for Cartomizers

  1. #1
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran Randyrtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cedar Park, TX
    Posts
    1,379

    Default 5-volt Mods for Cartomizers

    Anyone found good 5-volt options for use with cartomizers?

    I'm currently using a Kensington Portable Battery Pack with my VK passthrough as my primary around the house and at work. It works great and is reasonably portable, except of course for the dangling wire. Batteries, even the extra long, don't perform as well as the PT (though the XL comes close). But, I fall back to batteries when I'm out and about and don't want to deal with the wire.

    I've considered a Protege, but it appears to be 3.7V only. I like the idea of something fairly slim.

    Any ideas?

    Side note: I've ordered adapters for my Puresmoker USB Pass for use in my truck. I like the ruggedability it offers, and it will be my permanent solution while driving.

  2. #2
    Supplier Associate ECF Veteran vapn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,366

    Default

    I hear PS will be providing adaptors for the cartomizer soon. And the Prodigy V2 will be new and slimmer than the original plus it will be a 5v battery mod. Your answers will be coming soon. The Protege is only a 3.7v device but it is a very nice mod for sure. I think it may be a better suited mod for the cartomizer. I use mine for those with adaptors from the manual 901 batteries. You have to put a small hole in the side for this to work. Vapor Country sells this already done for you but I think they are out of stock on that item. Check back for that or drill out one for yourself.

    PS... The Puresmoker products are worth waiting for too. Very rugged design and should last you for a long long time.

  3. #3
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran Randyrtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cedar Park, TX
    Posts
    1,379

    Default

    Yeah, Vapor Country was out of those adapters when I ordered, so I ordered the 901 battery extender instead. Had PS announced they would be making cartomizer-specific adapters sooner, I'd have waited, but this solution should work just as well.

    I'll keep my eye out for the Prodigy V2.

  4. #4
    Moved On
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    963

    Default

    GLV offers a 5.0 volt PV..... I just ordered it..... Read reviews and saw a video..... It looks awesome....... They offer a 3.7 and a larger 5.0 volt version......
    I currently enjoy carrying a Titan 510 with the Kensington PassThrough 5.0 portable power pack...... I enjoy it, except for the dangling wire.....

    I am looking forward to receiving my GLV 5.0 PV...... I currently have the magnificient GG Transformer, soon to have the AFS..... I think between the GG and the GLV, I will have the best of both worlds.......

  5. #5
    Moved On
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA.
    Posts
    1,275

    Default

    I make my own 5 volts mods.

    Is ther an adaptor I can get to use a 808 cartomizer on it? It is a 510 battery- so is ther a 510 to 808 cartomizer adaptor?

  6. #6
    Forum Supplier ECF Veteran leaford's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
    Posts
    6,858
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    That's good news about PS.

  7. #7
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    jp(APO)Camp Z us
    Posts
    5,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randyrtx View Post
    Yeah, Vapor Country was out of those adapters when I ordered, so I ordered the 901 battery extender instead. Had PS announced they would be making cartomizer-specific adapters sooner, I'd have waited, but this solution should work just as well.

    I'll keep my eye out for the Prodigy V2.
    Don't forget to mention that you need to dremel out a tiny hole in the 901 battery extender for the cartomizer to work with proper ventilation

    Quote Originally Posted by leaford View Post
    That's good news about PS.
    WOW did your Bird talk you into visiting the ECF again..hehe

  8. #8
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    1,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I make my own 5 volts mods.

    Is ther an adaptor I can get to use a 808 cartomizer on it? It is a 510 battery- so is ther a 510 to 808 cartomizer adaptor?
    Altsmoke is supposed to have them tomorrow.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North & South America
    Posts
    14

    Question Use NAMES (for Newbies) - PLEASE!!

    Quote Originally Posted by abhowe View Post
    GLV offers a 5.0 volt PV..... I just ordered it..... Read reviews and saw a video..... It looks awesome....... They offer a 3.7 and a larger 5.0 volt version......
    I currently enjoy carrying a Titan 510 with the Kensington PassThrough 5.0 portable power pack...... I enjoy it, except for the dangling wire.....

    I am looking forward to receiving my GLV 5.0 PV...... I currently have the magnificient GG Transformer, soon to have the AFS..... I think between the GG and the GLV, I will have the best of both worlds.......
    GLV?? GG?? Alphabetic abbreviations are problematic for those of us just learning. I'm interested in a 5.o volt mod., but I have No Idea what vendor you're referring to.

    Thanks!!

    csteve

  10. #10
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Treasure Coast Florida =)
    Posts
    1,244

    Default soon

    Drew at Nhaler wil have a mod for the kr808 carts & greencarts he will also have adapters for many other popular models! Charger and everything you need for under 100.00!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks