Which cig-a-like do you recommend?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Which cig-a-like do you recommend?

Default Which cig-a-like do you recommend?

(Note: I'm posting on my BF's account right now since I don't have one yet.)

Hey Gals/Guys!

Several months ago, my BF bought us a V2 kit with two extra long (110mm) batteries and bunch of cartos. He then quickly 'graduated' to larger EGO batteries, clearos/tanks, making his own juice, and rebuilding coils.

While I do like the V2's, I found them a bit too long and heavy to hold. I also needed to constantly ask him to refill and clean my cartos which he would gladly do.
    Since then, one of them has broken (my own fault). I would like for you guys to help me pick out another cig-a-like (important) to use and also recommend cartos/clearos/tanks. My BF doesn't know much about 808 types. I'm leaning towards Smokeless Image's Volt. How much of a difference in battery life is there between a 65mm vs. a 78mm automatic? Thanks!
    willowize likes this.

Popular choice, altho I've never tried one. Smokeless has an active sub-forum here to answer your questions best.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Vapage (Vapage E-Cigarettes, CIG2o Electronic Cigarette kits E-Cig and refill eCigs) has a nice 'offer' in which you can get a battery, charger, and nine cartos for $20. I got two of these and a pack of Red Hot cartos ($15, a bit pricey) to take me over $50 for the free shipping. The Vapage (cig2o) cartos are actually decent cigarette imitations, work fairly well, and can then be cleaned and re-filled.

I started with a cig2o and added two vapage kits (and a spare 808d battery) and I can't complain.

ECF Veteran

Forget the Vapage deal, it appears to be gone now and their starter kits are ridiculously overpriced!
    sam23sirius likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I think you're on the right track with Smokeless Image. Their batteries are regulated so you get consistent vapes right up until the last few hits before the battery needs recharged. Not all batteries have this feature.

If you decide to place an order with Smokeless Image, consider getting a few of their "Volt Mini Clearomizers". If you've been using standard cartomizers you will likely be very impressed with the Mini Clearomizers. They are the same diameter as the 65 and 78mm batteries and they are roughly about 30% longer than standard cartomizers. They provide great vapor and flavor and they're easy to fill and easy to clean. Good chance that you will never go back to cartomizers after trying these.

I cannot speak from experience but I've read that the 78mm batteries provide about 30-45 minutes more vaping time than the 65mm.

Go to "Tim Conway JR Listeners" link on the Vapage website. Intro pocket packs are $19.95. The include 5 extra cartos. Nearly a carton of cigarettes for 20 bucks is not a bad deal.

They also sell the intro kits in some B&M tobacco shops. I bought my first kit in a Tobacco Barn 7 months ago and still using the battery. I also have a Titan kit from Vapage, and it performs like a champ.

I have returned batteries to V4L, V2, Volt, and some generics from discount sites- I have never had to return a Vapage product.
    peep

PV Master ECF Veteran

I can hardly bear to use a cig-a-like device.

If I'm pushed, my vote would be for a 510 manual Joyetech with some low resistance cartomizers.

Personally, I would take any claims on the "big brand" cig-sized websites with a massive spoonful of salt. Most of these batteries are $1.50 items, so any price is going to be too expensive.

If small batteries is your thing, maybe you should just buy half a dozen direct from China and save yourself the aggravation of spending $40 on 2 batteries that are only good for a few months. As for the $79.99 kits from some of these companies...(not mentioning anything in particular) I am bemused why anyone would choose to have their wallet emptied in such a way.

It's a dodgy market and there are some fairly good cig-sized devices, but far too easy to get ripped off i.m.o.

I noticed reference to a certain brand that charges $19.99 per battery claiming they are reduced from $25.00. Madness.

Just because it can be cheaper than smoking, doesn't make it right to price a $1.50 product for even $19.99, let alone $25.
    Last edited by djsvapour; 09-29-2013 at 05:01 PM.
    Bubbajop and 215Z like this.

@djsvapour

I understand where you're coming from. I'm using a PV and have shared them with my GF. They're simply too big to carry and use in her mind. I'm still trying to transition her off analogs. All cig-a-likes are 'overpriced' because there is a popular demand for them. PV's (with higher charge capacity and voltage) can often be found cheaper than those shorty batteries. I've found my preference. Now we need to find hers.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowDog View Post
    I think you're on the right track with Smokeless Image. Their batteries are regulated so you get consistent vapes right up until the last few hits before the battery needs recharged. Not all batteries have this feature.

If you decide to place an order with Smokeless Image, consider getting a few of their "Volt Mini Clearomizers". If you've been using standard cartomizers you will likely be very impressed with the Mini Clearomizers. They are the same diameter as the 65 and 78mm batteries and they are roughly about 30% longer than standard cartomizers. They provide great vapor and flavor and they're easy to fill and easy to clean. Good chance that you will never go back to cartomizers after trying these.

I cannot speak from experience but I've read that the 78mm batteries provide about 30-45 minutes more vaping time than the 65mm.
    I have a Volt 65mm auto and 78mm manual. I know they claim they are regulated but they are not. I measured the 78mm using a multimeter and it starts at about 4.2v and drops to 3.3v before the recharge light blinks.

Bloog batteries are more consistent. I measured 2 and they both start at about 3.8v and drop to 3.3v before the light blinks.

At 4.2v, I get a burnt taste using standard 2.6ohm cartos and it shortens the carto's life. So I would pick Bloog before Smokeless Image. Having said that, I second the vote for 510 threaded cig-a-like for lower cost and better compatibility since most products are 510 threaded. I do like 808 batteries because it's easy to clean the threads, but that's it.

El Dorado Hills, California, United States

I like the halo triton.. It's a bit bigger than the 808 's and can use the 510 clearomizers. But for 808, if I bought a new one it would be a halo g6 or a v2 pass through. I like v2' so customer service, even if they are over priced.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

contra principia negantem non est disputandum

"Against one who denies the principles, there can be no debate"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast