Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By bluecat
  • 1 Post By Mike.S
  • 1 Post By easyE45

Thread: Glass Clearo's for 808.

Full Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Default Glass Clearo's for 808.

I have been getting most of my 808 gear from Halo. They have nice clearomizers, but they are plastic, and some juice vendors advise not to use plastic for some juices. Does anyone know a place to get glass ones? If not I will have to look into using an adapter I guess to go from a 510 to an 808. Sorry if I sound dumb, but I am new to this. Thanks!

​For those who understand, no explanation is necessary. If you don't, none will suffice.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by DSullivan View Post
    I have been getting most of my 808 gear from Halo. They have nice clearomizers, but they are plastic, and some juice vendors advise not to use plastic for some juices. Does anyone know a place to get glass ones? If not I will have to look into using an adapter I guess to go from a 510 to an 808. Sorry if I sound dumb, but I am new to this. Thanks!
    Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any. I finally just purchased an adapter. It was easier than searching.
    DSullivan likes this.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

My advice, FWIW. Cut your losses by limiting your 808 purchases to "cig-alike" stuff - batteries and cartomizers. If you want more than that, the defacto industry standard is 510/eGo, as you're discovering.
    DSullivan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bluecat View Post
    Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any. I finally just purchased an adapter. It was easier than searching.
    Got a pic of how it looks with an adapter? I love my halo g6 but want to try other flavors that reccomend a glass tank.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I have never tried using an adapter on a cig-a-like battery so I cannot comment on that.

I don't know if this will be helpful but here are a couple of pictures with 808 batteries and adapters. In both cases the adapter does add a little extra length.

It should be noted that adapters generally don't work well with automatic batteries but they work fine with manuals.

Volt Spinner with Protank and 808 to 510 adapter. In this set up the entire adapter is visible.

Volt Spinner with Evod and 808 to Ego adapter. In this set up only about 1/4 of the adapter is visible. The other 3/4 resides in the base of the Evod.

PV Master ECF Veteran WarHawk-AVG's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SnowDog View Post
    I have never tried using an adapter on a cig-a-like battery so I cannot comment on that.

I don't know if this will be helpful but here are a couple of pictures with 808 batteries and adapters. In both cases the adapter does add a little extra length.

It should be noted that adapters generally don't work well with automatic batteries but they work fine with manuals.

Volt Spinner with Protank and 808 to 510 adapter. In this set up the entire adapter is visible.

Volt Spinner with Evod and 808 to Ego adapter. In this set up only about 1/4 of the adapter is visible. The other 3/4 resides in the base of the Evod.
    Called an eGo beauty ring

Larger tank needs the tapered one...a mini would use the straight walled one

Here is one on the kanger

One with a EVOD or a vivi nova mini
    Last edited by WarHawk-AVG; 11-01-2013 at 01:04 AM.

"An error does not become a mistake until you refuse to correct it"
    "A vaper without a multi-meter, is like a Mechanic without a wrench"

thanks for the pics! still interested on how it would look like on a cig a like but I don't see it looking very good.
    DSullivan likes this.