Candy Flavors – Bait or Bane? - ECF Infozone Article

Thread: Candy Flavors – Bait or Bane? - ECF Infozone Article

Post Candy Flavors – Bait or Bane? - ECF Infozone Article

A new article has been posted on the ECF Infozone: A recurring theme in the fantasy life of e-cig prohibitionists is the idea that the products are offered in candy-like flavors as an advertising ploy targeted at young consumers. It would seem that they imagine the e-cig marketers as trench-coated dirty-old-men stealthily lurking around playgrounds, lying in wait for nubile or callow youngsters for whom […]
    The post Candy Flavors – Bait or Bane? appeared first on ECF InfoZone.

Article by Gary Cox

Go and read it Here...!

Myk

If all we had were tobacco flavors they'd be claiming we haven't really quit, looks like a duck, tastes like a duck...
    If we didn't have good non-tobacco flavors people wouldn't accidentally quit.

What I do to trap them is ask them what flavors we should like, what flavors would they like?

$2453 spent on ecigs. Join http://www.casaa.org/ protect your ability to vape.

Full Member Verified Member

almost no one would quit if there was only tobacco flavors

I haven't found a tobacco flavor I like. You know how picky smokers are about their brand. I smoked Marlboros and Winston tasted like crap. I drink coke, and pepsi is nasty - so how are they going to make a tobacco close enough? I never would have vaped at all, never would have quit smoking, and everyone I know who vapes says the same thing. It's not about kids.... all people like things that taste good. Is the alcohol industry targeting kids with appletinis? Are auto makers targeting kids with funky colored cars? The whole argument is ludicrous.

I far prefer the tastes of candy and soda to the taste of burnt dust (which is how I describe a cigarette to non-smoker, which incidentally was the same way the guy I bummed my first cigarette back when I was 14 described it)