Lavatube features - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Lavatube features

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER0FDAMPF View Post
    about 2 weeks ago from TotallyWicked. Bad charger (which they replaced at no cost to me, extremely quickly) but awesome quality tube.
    Interesting.... I assume you metered the output under load?? The last reliable measurements I saw done were PBusardo's review and it wouldn't allow anywhere near 5.5V with a 2.5ohm carto. But that review was a little while back. It would be cool if they just changed them without any big fanfare. Maybe they're making incremental increases in the amperage before they remove the limit, but that's probably wishful thinking. Even if they just upped the limit to 3 or 3.5A, it would be a big improvement, IMO.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by sailorman View Post
    The first Provari also limited amperage, but I don't know if the limit was the same as the LT or if it was 3.5A. I have been told that the Provari II doesn't limit the amperage at all. So, from what I gather, the Provari II either raised the amperage to 3.5 or removed the limit completely. Either way, the limit on the Provari is higher.
    The original Provari had a 2.5 amp limit. The Provari V2 released last week has a 3.5 amp limit. The limiter works differently in the LT and Provari. On the Provari it gives an error code when the limit is exceeded and won't vape until it's adjusted to within it's limit. The LT when exceeded keeps on vaping but the voltage is automatically adjusted down within it's limit with no notification other than reduced performance.
    Butters78 likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

It's nice to know when you are being limited..

Sounds like the LT has a high ohm resistor in parallel with the atty connection to limit the current. If this is true then battery efficiency will not be as good on the lavatube as on the provari.

Quote Originally Posted by fray View Post
    Sounds like the LT has a high ohm resistor in parallel with the atty connection to limit the current. If this is true then battery efficiency will not be as good on the lavatube as on the provari.
    Hmmm..... Wonder if I can get to that resistor. Hack, hack, hack....

Super Member ECF Veteran

Someone has torn one down, along with several other devices, in the modding forum. I don't recall seeing much other than 3 chips. I'll see if I can find it...

EDIT:
    Electronique of Lavatube.(picture)

There's also a tear down of a Provari and Darwin in there. Have fun.
    Last edited by carlton; 03-04-2012 at 05:37 AM.
    MASTER0FDAMPF and bullet like this.

PV Master ECF Veteran MASTER0FDAMPF's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nice find! Amazing how simple they really are.
    Quote Originally Posted by carlton View Post
    Someone has torn one down, along with several other devices, in the modding forum. I don't recall seeing much other than 3 chips. I'll see if I can find it...

EDIT:
    Electronique of Lavatube.(picture)

There's also a tear down of a Provari and Darwin in there. Have fun.
    Provari M/F,M0D #6 Blend,Vivi Nova,Mom and Pop's Caramel,SSLE LavaTube, Q2V3 Copper!,
    Indulgence V3, MV Gripper,ST 510's+PCC,S.I. VOLT (808)+PCC,Carto e-Pipe,eGo
    VV eGo,kGo,WiiGo,Auto-Box,Rough Stack,DoD's,LavaTube Black/Silver, LT minis SS/black

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678