Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What type of DCT do you use with your LT?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default What type of DCT do you use with your LT?

And where did you get it from?

I purchsed a couple of 2.5ohm clear DCT's from Nhaler to use on my LT and Im not happy with them. Vapor is poor at any Voltage, throat hit is there, but not great either.

I have used a 2.5 Mega XXL DCT from TastyVapor with it and that does the job a little better at anything over 5V.

I tried a Litecig 1.5Ohm XL DCT and I wasnt pleased with the vapor or throat hit at any voltage either.

I like the DCT's but I'm trying to find my sweet spot as far as Voltage goes.
    I dont necessarily HAVE to vape at 5.0-6.0Volts...Im just looking for what works and 3.7 just doesnt seem to be cutting it for me anymore.

oh - attys work fine on my LT.. High voltage is great with an atty but Im getting sick of dripping and with High Voltage the risk of burning up the atty with dripping is very high.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

EGO Twist/EVOD - TVR555 Chai Yu/Kayfun - Nicoticket Virus

2. Advertisement
    ECF Veteran

personally I started with DCTs and didnt like them too much, Single Coil was highly highly recommended, so i got Single Coil XL Tank Cartomizer for the SmokTank XL and put them in this tank SmokTank XL - Dual Coil Cartomizer Tank - New tank design for 510 PV's! 6ml 1.5ohm, removing the 1.5ohm cartomizer and putting the 3.0 SC one in, and im happily vaping away at 4.3v
    e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/attachment.php?s=b9dec8ae443202ab1f900791e0055b2a&attachmentid=91580&d=1334319295" id="attachment91580" rel="Lightbox_5800478" >What type of DCT do you use with your LT?-cimg0862.jpg
    ncargrl likes this.

ECF Veteran

Thanks individual. Do you think I could do the same thing but with a 3.5ml Tank? SmokTank XL - Dual Coil Cartomizer Tank - New tank design for 510 PV's! 6ml 1.5ohm

EGO Twist/EVOD - TVR555 Chai Yu/Kayfun - Nicoticket Virus

ECF Veteran

absolutely, all the cartos that ive used in my tanks have been interchangeable, they will stick up a little more out of the 3.5 but they do fit

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

yep. Madvapes has a plethora of tank carto's:
    Cartomizers

Senior Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

So far my favorite in my DCT is my 3ohm single coil, then my 2.5 dual coil. But I also have 2.0 single coil I haven't tried...

Reo Grand Black Wrinkle Orange with RM2, Trident Clone on Smoktech Natural, RSST on Sentinel V3 Clone, The Bolt (dead)

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ragman View Post
    And where did you get it from?

I purchsed a couple of 2.5ohm clear DCT's from Nhaler to use on my LT and Im not happy with them. Vapor is poor at any Voltage, throat hit is there, but not great either.

I have used a 2.5 Mega XXL DCT from TastyVapor with it and that does the job a little better at anything over 5V.

I tried a Litecig 1.5Ohm XL DCT and I wasnt pleased with the vapor or throat hit at any voltage either.

I like the DCT's but I'm trying to find my sweet spot as far as Voltage goes.
    I dont necessarily HAVE to vape at 5.0-6.0Volts...Im just looking for what works and 3.7 just doesnt seem to be cutting it for me anymore.

oh - attys work fine on my LT.. High voltage is great with an atty but Im getting sick of dripping and with High Voltage the risk of burning up the atty with dripping is very high.

Any help would be great. Thanks.
    Rag, your running into the limitation of the lavatube and dual coil's. there are dozens of threads and videos out there about it if you look. But the short of it is the lavatube's lower amp limit and protection circuit dont like dual coils and dial the voltage way way down which is why your getting anemic hits from it on a dual coil but the atty's are working fine. Madvapes sells single coil replacment tank cartos, at 2.0 and 3.0 ohms, with the flange or you can use the xl sized single coil cartos at 1.7ohm and 2.5ohm if you want to punch them yourselves.

I tested a few different single coils with my lavatube using the stock batteries and panasonic. Here is the link to the thread.

Lava/Vari Tube measured volt and watt for 1.7,2.0,2.5,3.0 cartomizers

Based on my results, id recomend the 2.0 ohm or 2.5 ohm to get the maximum wattage or heat. I'm not saying you have to run that much heat, but if you want the biggest possible range of wattage output those 2 resistances work best.

Cheers

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

There is now a 4.5ml polished DCT - http://www.vaporbeast.com/product_p/a17.htm
    Works with 35mm cartos (regular XL cartos)

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I actually run the actv3, a couple of J tanks, and a couple of liquinators throughout the day. different flavors in each one so my tastebuds don't get bored. I have a 6ml smoktek tank with a single coil carto that I also use.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I don't have anymore Smoketech cartos with the flange but the old one I had would not fire on my Lavatube. Anyone know why? Is it bad? I thought that maybe the metal making contact in some weird way. Don't want to pick up anymore of these if they don't work. Thought I read something about lavtubes not working with the dual coil cartos.

This message was composed on a smart phone. Text prediction may have mangled one or more wirds.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast