Thread: Did anyone try the Lambo 4.0?

Senior Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Red face Did anyone try the Lambo 4.0?

Did anyone try the Lambo 4.0?
    Please share your ideas.
    Thank you!

Full Member Verified Member

I just ordered one last night. I am excited to give it a try!. I will let you know what I think within the week.

Please do, I'd really appreciate any info regarding how well the unit does in terms of voltage drop as the battery gets low on charge -- ie, does it behave like the original L-Rider LTs and has a noticeable drop in vaping voltage when the battery drops beneath 3,9V or does it hold its own throughout the battery's entire voltage range like the newer Young-June versions?

My original LT (L-Rider v1) is basically falling to pieces so I need to get myself a new one but still don't know which one to get -- and now we get a new Lambo?

I would also appreciate it if anyone could provide any feedback on the Lambo 4.0 fire/vape/activation button: how it feels, how durable do you think it is... The real test won't be possible until someone gets a good few weeks of usage on the device -- only then will anyone be able to tell if the buttons on these newer units start to break down a couple of months later like my original v1 LT did, or if they've built a more durable solution.

Regardless, any feedback would be helpful.

By the way, are these Lambo 4.0 made by L-Rider? Are these the revamped version L-Rider has been promising for so long?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Please do, I'd really appreciate any info regarding how well the unit does in terms of voltage drop as the battery gets low on charge -- ie, does it behave like the original L-Rider LTs and has a noticeable drop in vaping voltage when the battery drops beneath 3,9V or does it hold its own throughout the battery's entire voltage range like the newer Young-June versions?

My original LT (L-Rider v1) is basically falling to pieces so I need to get myself a new one but still don't know which one to get -- and now we get a new Lambo?

I would also appreciate it if anyone could provide any feedback on the Lambo 4.0 fire/vape/activation button: how it feels, how durable do you think it is... The real test won't be possible until someone gets a good few weeks of usage on the device -- only then will anyone be able to tell if the buttons on these newer units start to break down a couple of months later like my original v1 LT did, or if they've built a more durable solution.

Regardless, any feedback would be helpful.

By the way, are these Lambo 4.0 made by L-Rider? Are these the revamped version L-Rider has been promising for so long?
    The 4.0 is made by L-Rider, this would be the first real update of the Lava as the others are technically knock-off's.
    All the buttons (bar the red power button) are supposedly made from actual metal.

I'd be curious about it's performance myself - despite it's foibles, the original Lava was a great PV.
    Without it's appearance, you wouldn't have seen any of the Chinese mods on the market today.
    18SixFifty likes this.

I will try to get the info you seek, regarding voltage drops etc. I am pretty tough on my pv's so it will need to take some abuse. It is about time I played the guinea pig given how much information this forum has given me ... and how many mistakes I could/would have made if not for you folks. :-)
    A17kawboy likes this.

Looking forward to it, sedna, though I think I might pull the trigger on one before you come back with your findings (my tube is in really bad shape).

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the chip in this latest L-Rider 'tube uses PWM? You get the feeling reading the manufacturer's specs for the Lambo 4.0 that they've redesigned the electronics (it now reads atty/carto/tank resistance, boasts a higher amp rating), just wondering if they've chosen to follow what YJ has done with their 'tubes -- PBusardo's comparison review makes it crystal clear that YJ's 'tubes do a far better job delivering the requested voltage, especially as the battery gets low on charge, so it might be a good sign if L-Rider has gone the PWM route with their newest offering.

ECF Veteran

The Lavatube 2.0 should be out any day now, as soon as Volcano gets their stock back from China, you can check that out if you can afford to wait up to a couple weeks, or it could be in tomorrow as far as anybody knows. Check out Field of Vapor's videos on them, they look amazing. Higher amp limit, nicer looking, resistance checking, much sturdier and heavier. Check it out, I want one!

ECF Veteran

Whoops, just saw your comment on your tube being in bad shape.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Looking forward to it, sedna, though I think I might pull the trigger on one before you come back with your findings (my tube is in really bad shape).

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the chip in this latest L-Rider 'tube uses PWM? You get the feeling reading the manufacturer's specs for the Lambo 4.0 that they've redesigned the electronics (it now reads atty/carto/tank resistance, boasts a higher amp rating), just wondering if they've chosen to follow what YJ has done with their 'tubes -- PBusardo's comparison review makes it crystal clear that YJ's 'tubes do a far better job delivering the requested voltage, especially as the battery gets low on charge, so it might be a good sign if L-Rider has gone the PWM route with their newest offering.
    The Lambo 4.0 does use PWM, if it's filtered it will be okay and if it's not, it'll be "hotter" than it should be.
    Last edited by DirkBongo; 09-18-2012 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Grammar!

Just so folks know... I asked today and the Lambo 4.0 is Not a PWM device.
    Birks likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast